Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Thank you, @Titian06!! I experimented with a couple different things until I finally settled on that one. The little diamonds help keep everything in place 🙂

@unfungirl, I just bought containers to keep at my desk at work so I make sure I use them! 

XOXO,
Marieke

@MariekeBT It really helps encourage you to use them!!

@unfungirl seeing all the pretty colors really catches my eye too! 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

Nest: Indigo

Moroccan Tea, Kashmir Wood, Cardamom, Wild Fig.  

Love this one! It's my favorite from Nest. A lot of the Nest fragrances are very, very strong to me, but this one isn't. 

@WhereYouStand, I have the rollerball and I love it! I didn't like it much at first but the more I started wearing it the more I liked it. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke

Ooh, this one sounds really nice!

I like this one. I am picky about the nest fragrances but this one is nice. 

Anonymous Insider

Day 5 Atelier Cologne Sud Magnolia

Jan 5: Hanae Mori Hanae EDP: i adore the scent. Talking about good deal, I got the giant bottle 100 ml for more than 50% off sometimes ago when Macy's had a cyber deal week. Score (even more when I got bunch of compliments from complete strangers)! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Day 5- Chloe Love Story.. I'm a mini collector and this came in a set I bought.  Today was a day I made it to the shower and right back to bed, but I always wear perfume no matter what!

I'm horrible at note descriptions and when I first put it on I immediately smelled Mr.Clean. Turned out that was from my husband washing the floor🙏,  I do smell rose in it I think..definitely florally. I'm not crazy about it but I'll give it another try!

Day 5 MMM Beach Walk

Meh— I smell salty. 

That's the same way I feel about that one!

I thought I was the only person here who isn't in love with it! 😄

Day 5: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1940

From the website:

After prohibition, NYC jazz club, 1940s Aromatic, Floral, Ambery

Top notes: bergamot, cognac, davana

Heart notes: rose, clove, labdanum

Base notes: sandal wood, amber, benzoin

I like this one too. I got rose at first, dried down to a strong clove scent (really like, I never thought about clove for a fragrance but its nice!) and now it's a sweet amber. I don't know if I'd buy a bottle, we'll see after I finish the sample.

Spoiler
Day 4: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1930
Day 3: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1920

Day 2: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1910
Day 1: Cartier Baiser Vole

Day 5:  Chanel No. 5 L'eau

Top Notes:  lemon, mandarin, and orange

Heart:  rose, jasmine, and ylang ylang

End:  cedar, musk notes

Compiled:

Spoiler

Day 4:  Elizabeth & James - Nirvana Bourbon

Day 3:  YSL - Black Opium

Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

Day 6 Marc Jacobs Daisy, love that it's a youthful scent but not sugary sweet, smells a bit nostalgic of playing outside in the spring. I have so many sample vials of this but think the bottle is so pretty and it's such a classic fragrance I need the bottle in my collection! 

Day 5** 

Day 5- Nina Ricci L'Extase.
I like it,seems long lasting.

Day 5: Flower by Kenzo

Smells like baby powder lol 😄 I was so tempted to just wear Commodity Gold again but I stayed strong!

Spoiler
Day 4: Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On
Day 3: Commodity Gold (LOVE)
Day 2: Moschino Fresh Couture
Day 1: YSL Black Opium
2 Replies
testing