Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day 4 - Laura Mercier Creme Brulee - I like the initial hit of sweetness when I put it on but I don't really love it after that. Good thing it's just a sample Smiley Happy.

@JenniferOhJenny I don't have any of LM's fragrances but I do have her scented body lotions and while I love her makeup, I found myself pretty disappointed in the scents.

This is the first one I've tried...don't know that I'd try another. I mean, with a name like Creme Brulee I figured it would be sweet but it was pretty one-note when it dried. 

Day 4: Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.

Notes:
Tunisian Neroli, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Winter Yellow Mandarin, Orange Flower, Lavender.
Style:
Vibrant. Sparkling. Transportive.

Heck no! No. Nope nope nope! The thing stinks! And, now I can't get it off of me. Glad it was just a sample... But, that bottle on the other hand... Gorgeous!

Hi, @Magrathea!  Could you tell us what you really think???  Smiley Very Happy

upload_7078547004870657830.gif

Smiley Wink

Day Five - Byredo's Accord Oud

A tame and easily wearable oud paired with sharp, dry woods and leather. I would compare the "difficulty" level of the oud to that of TF's Oud Wood. Will see if the longevity is better than other Byredos I've tried.

I haven't had much luck with Byredo @pocketvenus, but I do love me some Oud! Based on your description, I'll have to track down a sample Smiley Happy

Yes, they are expensively priced for the performance I find – some are quite interesting out of the starting gate but then… they fall apart? I can still smell Accord Oud on my wrist but it became a faint blur within 2-3 hours.

And I love oud fragrances too! I am saving some of the richer oud samples for later <3

I'm taking @greenporchlights advice and joining you guys!  Today I will be using my desk perfume Smiley Tongue E&J Nirvana White.  It's probably my favorite fragrance.  It's what I want people to think I smell like.  A little musky but holding a bunch flowers, like a long hug from a peony.

WOO, @michelleshops! And what a lovely perfume to stash in your desk. Smiley Happy

I LOVE Nirvana White! It is a floral without being sweet, creamy without being generic, and has this beautiful musk that really settles *into* my skin rather than sitting on top. AND it has great staying power to boot! Probably my absolute favourite fragrance discovery over the last 5 years, with Marc Jacobs Mod Noir being a close second.

Day 5 MMM Beach Walk

Meh— I smell salty. 

That's the same way I feel about that one!

I thought I was the only person here who isn't in love with it! Smiley Very Happy

Day 6: Diptyque Tam Dao, a beautiful woody scent, sandalwood and cedar creating a warm cocoon for a cool day.

I love this! I had a sample and feel in love. I want to buy it! You just reminded me Smiley Very Happy 

that sounds so lovely!! diptyque is <3

Day Six: Comme Des Garçons' Original

I love this fragrance - it smells niche, but is more affordable than my favourite niche lines. Its bristling, spicy opening has heaps of nutmeg and clove. However, in spite of featuring such warm spices, the scent has an overall cool abstraction to it. In the dry down, it smooths out into woods and incense. Not a crowdpleaser - I would definitely test this out first before committing to a full bottle.

This sounds DELICIOUS to me.

I've been curious about this one for a while. Your description is wonderful. I need a sample!