Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

I hope no one minds me asking a question here, but I figure this was the best place.  I have a sample of Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence that I absolutely love.  The only problem is it wears off in a few hours, even if I put down lotion first for it to stick to.  Does anyone know of a similar fragrance I can try?  I'm hoping to find something that lasts longer, otherwise I guess I'll have to buy the big bottle and just keep reapplying.  Thanks in advance.

We don't mind questions at all! Anyone know of other fragrances with these notes?

Notes:
Champagne Extract, Orange Blossom, Creamy Bergamot, Gardenia, Hydrangea, Honeysuckle, Saffron, Vanilla, Liquid Amber.

Have you tried the LE 18K (often spelled out as one eight K) Decadence? I find it has much better longevity than Divine Decadence. I also like the original Decadence, but that one also fades out pretty quickly on my skin. 

Comme des Garcons Play Red

Notes:
Red Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn, Safraleine, Red Cherry Accord, Geranium, Cinnamon, Osmanthus, Myrrh, Balsam of Tolu.

I like this one, its different. I don't even know what a few of the notes are, but they work together very well. Now if only they would make travel sizes. 

Ooooh - is the cherry prominent in this one? Or is it more floral? The mix with the pink peppercorn, cinnamon, myrrh, and balsam sounds intriguing @Samtian

@Libellules I don't detect cherry at all. Definitely not floral scented. 

Perfume no. 42: Commodity Platinum, Bergamot. 

Key Notes:
Italian Bergamot, Pomelo, Violet Leaf

This is definitely citrusy and a little woodsy on its own and smells a bit masculine. I actually think Commodity Bergamot smells more like tea than Commodity Tea, but I may just be expecting Earl Grey when I think of tea. 

Edit: whatever you do, do not mix Bergamot with Commodity Tonka. It turns very granny, and it won't wash off!

This is the one I've been interested in the most, out of their new line. 

This sounds amazing! I also always think of earl grey if anything is tea scented, and I love earl grey. So sad it turned granny when you mixed it Smiley Sad I want minis if all the new platinum line! 

Pinrose Merry Maker.

It won't stop raining and the Tuesday after a Monday off is worse than any Monday, so I needed something fun and bright to get me going. The description does say "Best worn when you need and extra skip in your step," and that's me today. Merry Maker reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, but I like it better. 

This sounds really nice. Added to the list of perfume to sample! Smiley Happy

Do try it! Merry Maker is lovely.

Dita Von Teese 

The scent opens with peonies, bergamot, and slightly spicy Bourbon pepper;
the heart is Bulgarian rose, Tahitian Tiaré petals, and fresh jasmine;
the base patchouli, musk, and smoky Gaiac wood and sandalwood.

This is ok. Not great, but not bad. 

Ah, I've been so curious about this one Smiley Wink

Thanks for posting.

Also, if you like fig, I'd suggest trying L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier Extreme.

Ooh I love fig, I'll look into it, thank you!

Today I wore Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue. I'm not really sure what amber is supposed to smell like exactly since it's a gem and I don't typically think gems have a scent to them. I keep seeing amber listed as an "note" in fragrances and I always find that really puzzling. I guess it's sort of like tree sap without the scent of the tree? 

Anyway what I get from this fragrance mostly is patchouli. I'm super sensitive to the scent of patchouli and usually when someone is wearing it that's all I can smell. I think that's why stoners favor the stuff. But alongside the patchouli I smell something I would describe as spicey. I can't explain it exactly. It's very masculine. It does smell a bit less masculine as the scent dies down, but at the end of the day I still smell patchouli.

It's funny I don't like this because Atelier actually makes the only fragrance with patchouli in it that I actually like: Rose Anonyme.

@purly - Ambre is an aromatic resin also referred to as an organic gemstone that's the hardened resin of the now extinct Pinus succinifera, and other trees.

Odor profile: sweet, resinous, cozy and warm, often rather powdery notes recreated from a mix of balsams, usually labdanum, benzoin, vanilla, styrax and fir or a combination of some of these. The default oriental note.  (Fragrantica)

So, I would describe the scent as warm, although I can't explain why. I would not describe it as vanilla or pine though. 

Day 2-Not a perfume by Juliette has a gun.I can see why this is called not a perfume,I can barely tell I am wearing anything after a few minutes.

JHAG is an interesting line, and my last impulse purchase, MMMM..., was an unexpected treat, but Not a Perfume doesn't work on me either. It just doesn't smell like anything, no matter how much I douse myself with it. I'll stick to Another Oud or Midnight Oud, they're my favorites from this house.

It always fascinates me when I hear someone can't smell Not a perfume. It is made of a synthetic ambergris (can't remember if it is ambroxan or cetalox in this one) but a small percentage of people actually physically can't smell it (luckily, I can, I really like it). Usually it is the "clean" musky base in a lot of commercial perfumes,I think. 

It's cetalox.  I wore this yesterday and could barely smell it when first applied.  After only a few minutes, I couldn't smell it at all.  I really don't care for the scent at all.  It does not smell "clean" to me.  "Murky" might be a better word, but I did notice a "musk-like" scent.

Highlighted

Day 2: Maison Margiela Replica, Lipstick On. At first, it smelled like wax and magazines fresh off the press. Then it started smelling powdery, warm, and actually pretty nice, but I couldn't help but think of this.

LOL!! That is also the perfect gif for Etat Libre's Putain de Palaces

I love Lipstick On lol. 

3 Replies