Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day One: Chanel's Cuir de Russie EDP. Opens with a lively burst of aldehydes and citrus. I'm reminded of no.5. The leather has a gentle smokiness and asserts itself rather quickly although this remains balanced with the aldehydes. Despite this, it's not a processed "handbag" or "patent" leather to me. I also don't detect the raw, barnyard notes so many people rave over (or cringe at). I'm surprized at how much I want to wear this again as I tend to like weirder scents. This is a refined, floral leather, a classic. Definitely recommended.

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

My descriptions of perfumes suck, so I'm not going to try.  I don't particularly care for this scent; it reminds me of musk.  However, every time I read the name, I start singing "Janie's Got a Gun"!

Day 1: Tom Ford Costa Azzurra

Beachy and light not wow sent for me.  

Day 1: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Ellipsis. On me, it smells like Play Doh's girls' night out at this hip, new club inspired by Andy Warhol's The Factory.

Starting off Day 1 with one of my absolute favorite perfumes, Dolce & Gabana Dolce Rosa Excelsa. I adore anything involving roses!

Highlighted

I reached for Atelier Gold Leather!  I forgot how good it smells on me!  Wore it yesterday and today!

Top Notes: Bitter orange, Indian saffron, Jamaican rum
Heart Notes: Plum, Davana, Eucalyptus
Base notes: Gaiac wood, Cedarwood, Leather, Oud accord

Day 1: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Rain Day. Thought it was a fitting fragrance on a rainy day Smiley Happy

this is a fantastic challenge. One I will be tracking in my bullet journal I just started today! Smiley Happy 

I have been binge-purchasing fragrance samples and sample sets, so I will be trying one or two new scents every day :-)

Day 1: Neela Vermeire Trayee. Smoky spicy green & lightly camphorous incense opening, followed by a warm medley of jasmine, vanilla, amber, sandalwood and many other notes that I have a hard time disentangling. So good.

Love this challenge! I want to work my way through my tons of sample vials! This morning I put a bunch of then into a drawstring bag and chose at random.

Day 1: Roses de Chloe

Love this scent. Already have the full size. 

Day 1: Cartier Baiser Vole

I rarely wear this because it's so heavy. I forgot how nicely this dries down on me, powdery and green. 

Day

1- Louboutin Tornade Blonde

I'm jumping on board since I did this accidentally today anyway!

Decided to give CK's Euphoria another shot. Asked my girlfriend what she thinks of the smell and she said, "it reminds me of my granny." Gonna have to say, there's a reason this is on the back shelf for me.

We woke up embarassingly late today, so I reached for something familiar, and that's a no brainer for me!

Day 1: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. LOVE! The tobacco is soft, and the Vanilla balances it out really well. On my skin, there's definitely a slight cinnamony spice as well Smiley Happy.

Day 1 : Miu Miu .

Love the staying power. 

I tried Sí today. It was very floral at first, and then became quite fruity. I thought I might like it, then it started to smell like my old Strawberry Shortcake doll when I was a kid (ie: plastic). Now hours later, all I smell is a vaguely sweet, powdery fragrance. Not a huge fan. 

Day 1- Louis Vuitton rose des vents. Water and rose. Quite mainstream but I love it. 

January 1, 2017

Prada Infusion D'iris

I love this and wear it a lot, especially after a really relaxing hot shower. This scent is not fussy, it's not boring either rather it just reminds me of being clean and refreshed without an overly green smell. Staying power is just o.k. on me and doesn't project very much at all. Inoffensive scent for work or lazy days Smiley Happy 

This is such a timely thread for me. I did not wear anything today, New Year's Day, except body spray from Philosophy -- Snow Angel/Sweetly Fallen Snow. But I've certainly had the intention of trying out all my sample vials.

The other day I did gather up all of my magazine-insert type fragrance samples and put them in a bag hanging off of the bathroom door. The goal is just to smell them all. My long term hope is to be able to identify all these fragrances without looking at the name. I have so many multiples, it's very possible I will be able to do that in time.

i am so excited for this! i have a zillion perfume samples, and SO much actual fragrance.

today (Jan 2) i am wearing commodity gold. i am a big fan of all their scents that i've tried, and this one is really lovely. it's musky but also somewhat of a gourmand scent- i think this might be a must have but we'll see how it wears all day.

Day Two: Slumberhouse's New Sibet

I read somewhere that "sibet" is a reinterpretation of "civet." If it is, it's a relatively quiet one, especially in relation to other Slumberhouses I've tried. The civet-ness (or "goat fur" note) isn't nearly as difficult to wear because any rankness is offset by the creaminess of the fragrance. Although this is a unisex scent, I would much prefer to smell this on a man.

Day 2: Estee Lauder Modern Muse Chic.

This one is lightly floral but kind of warm at the same time. It's really nice, super relaxing. 

Day 2: Maison Margiela Replica Dancing on the Moon. I ordered samples of 3 of the newest releases, and this was one of them. I'm picky about florals, but I do tend to like white florals (which, this one is - lots of jasmine! At least on my skin). They can lean soapy, but Dancing on the Moon definitely has a subtle sweetness - could be the woody base balancing things out Smiley Very Happy

I like it! Hopefully there will be a rollerball released. The packaging/label is fun too.

Spoiler
Keeping running tally so that I won't repeat!
Day 1: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford 

Day 2:  Today is Angel by Thierry Mugler.  I honestly hadn't planned on wearing this today, but when I looked out the window and saw that we'd gotten 5 inches of snow and it was still coming, I knew that this would be a good day for this old gourmand.  

The delicious blends of sweet caramel and patchouli is perfect for snowy weather, in my opinion, since .  I paired it with a shimmery- frosted blue eye look and Buxom's Sugar lipgloss.  

Day 2: Bvlgari Omnia Paraiba

Cute packaging but I'm not crazy about the scent. It doesn't last long at all.