Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Skin care HELP

Heyy! Looking for advice on building a skincare routine, something I have never fully committed to in the past but is long overdue. I have fairly normal skin, I get very occasional breakouts or dry spots, and my skin is not overly sensitive.  I am 38 years old this year so aside from some sun spots that I obviously would like to banish, I’m looking to reduce some fine lines and wrinkles that are starting to pop up and to maintain an overall more youthful look. I’ve spent the last few days on the Sephora app building a cart of items that I’m interested in and that I think would be helpful.. but I honestly have no idea what I’m doing 🙈 

These are the products I have added to my cart, I appreciate literally any input as I’m excited to get started but equally nervous because again, I don’t really know what I’m doing. 

F38EB8B7-D9E8-4A14-ADD7-F64DD558401C.png

53770A80-61EC-47A2-AC84-21BDA0045C3A.png

Re: Skin care HELP

Hi lovey,  for a pm routine Fresh Lotus Night cream over a retinol serum like Cerave and switch to an exfoliant such as the ordinary's lactic acid once or twice a week. For the morning as as make up prep caudalie vinosource moisturizer and sos serum are wonderful. Their resveratrol line is great in the morning as well. Good luck!

Hi Lola,

I hope you are doing well. I have come up with some good skincare routine for you. I hope you like it. 
Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 

Protini™ restores younger-, revived-looking skin. Lines, wrinkles, and sun damage appear reduced and skin feels strengthened and moisturized.

The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

This water-free solution contains one percent pure retinol, an ingredient that can help reduce the appearances of fine lines, photo damage, and general skin aging.

Murad Mini AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 2 oz/ 60 mL 

The acids encourage cell turnover to reveal a visibly brighter, younger-looking complexion. Biodegradable exfoliating jojoba beads polish away dull, dry skin for a softer, smoother texture.

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

This will help with Fine Lines and Wrinkles and Dryness.

Note: please first try the mini size’s of these products. 😊
good luck 

Hi ! So exciting you are taking the time to invest in yourself and your skin. I really like the last two products in your screenshot: The glow recipe toner and herbivore serum.

Retinol is a great thing to add into an anti aging skincare routine, but instead of the retinol stick you have in there I would recommend the following replacements:

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL Kiehl's Since 1851 Micro-Dose Anti-Aging Retinol Serum with Ceramides and Peptide The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL The INKEY List Retinol Anti-Aging Serum.

Also, other thoughts: If you have existing sun damage to the skin including dark spots you can spend LOTS on skincare products that might reduce the overall appearance. But I would remove the glow recipe dark spot treatment serum. My recommendation here is actually for laser treatments at a medi-spa near you. Ask a professional for more information on something like an IPL treatment aka a "Photo facial". You can also look at before and afters online. Such treatments will remove the sun spots entirely and give you a more even complexion. Going forward I would recommend daily sunscreen use to prevent the sunspots, this is an absolute must. I recommend Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ which is my favourite, but Shiseido also has some good ones too which you can browse. 

I would remove the wishful rose quartz peel off mask, I usually tend to stick to more known brands with lots of good reviews from thousands of customers: this one only has 13 reviews, not a fan of the iridescent colouring and nothing impressive with the ingredients. I would recommend the following masks: 

GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD® Glow Stimulating & Exfoliating Treatment Mask 

Tatcha The Clarifying Clay Mask Exfoliating Pore Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL -> this one is my top pick, all three of these masks do different things, you can look into them to see which is right for you but this one is definitely my favourite. It boosts radiance/glow, firmness and addresses dark spots, dullness, loss of firmness and elasticity. You should notice a difference after a few uses. 

The it cosmetics moisturizer looks okay, you could definitely try it and see what you think! I like moisturizer to just do it's job in hydrating only, and address anti aging with serums/masks/other ingredients I've mentioned above. 

Very useful information ...

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • F38EB8B7-D9E8-4A14-ADD7-F64DD558401C.png
  • 53770A80-61EC-47A2-AC84-21BDA0045C3A.png
testing