Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|

Safe for pregnancy?

So what is or was your go to skincare routine during/after pregnancy? Is there a certain brand you would recommend? What is the best sunblock that is SAFE for under make-up!? Thanks in advance ☺️ 

Re: Safe for pregnancy?

Congratulations on your bundle of joy on the way 💕 ! The biggest things I learned from my pregnancies was to stay away from retinols and retinoid derivatives, including Vitamin A. 

I stuck with (and still do because of breastfeeding) using Vitamin C products. I really like the Mad Hippie one! I’ve also been using the Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL and Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL . 

There are some awesome mommy bloggers who do in-depth ingredient checks on cosmetics and skincare, so definitely check those out for some recommendations and check with your provider if you’re concerned about certain things. 

Thank you!!

Biosence 

@AshleyChanel20 This should be discussed with your OB GYN.  Or maybe look into websites like Buy Buy Baby, Destination Maternity, and Pea and the Pod and look at the skincare and body care they sell.

I could tell you what I used but was it safe?  I am not really sure unless you want to look into all the ingredients.  I did ask my OB GYN about products I could or could not use.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing