Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only

Auto immune condition won't stop me

Hi everyone! I'm 38. But feel 108. I have a rare auto-immune disease that tends to leave bad scars. Anyone have suggestions on a product that will lighten them?

Re: I just need someone to care

@MrsAllison (or anyone else reading this and struggling with their mental health right now). You are not alone. If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to or need help finding resources to cope with how you're feeling, you can text HOME to 741741 (Crisis Text Line) and be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor who can chat with you over text. Sometimes just getting it all out there and having someone else be there for you in those most difficult moments can be so incredibly helpful. All the best to you. 

Hi @MrsAllison 

Newbie here as well! Depending on where you live, there may still be covid relief funds available or other assistance available. Maybe start with your state .gov website & search for rent assistance. Or start with a Google search - your zip code and housing help. If you've already done these things, I'm sorry for not adding anything more helpful. I hope you find the help you need & kudos to you for being brave enough to ask. Hang in there.

Forgot to add - for your mental health: if possible, have you considered connecting with a therapist? Even start with your primary care dr or GYN, let them know the struggle with your mental health and they can guide you on the next steps or refer you to a MH pro. 

You are not alone. Hugs 💜💜

@MrsAllison I am sorry hun😘 Keep that beautiful head up and carry on. I know we're strangers but I would absolutely love it if you messaged me sometime when you need someone to talk to or just really want someone to listen. Prayers for you my friend.❤️❤️

Hi, @MrsAllison!

COVID-19 has done such terrible things. It feels almost as though a hurricane has gone through all of our lives and has lasted a year and a half!! I am so, so sorry about things right now. Everything just sounds so difficult. You are such a brave and remarkable person for going through all of this. If you ever need anything, just let me know. Sending all the love. 

Thank you. I'm just trying to get my rent paid. Other than that I'm good.

@MrsAllison Sorry you are going through so much because of Covid.  I hope things get better for you.  Sending positive vibes your way.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing