Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

is it worth joining play sephora?

i really want to know!! i feel like if i look up youtube videos.. they of course tell ya to buy. but seen some reviews on this group chat they get the same or always a mascara. just want ro get feedbacks and opinions and be the judge to myself of joining.. or not. thanks y'all in advance💗😘

RE: is it worth joining play sephora?

It really goes depend what you’re looking for in a subscription. I get (and generally like) both Play! and Ipsy because I do this to try new products and generally do NOT want full-sized products. I get a lot more makeup samples (plus brushes) with Ipsy, but (overall) they are not the same quality of products you get with Play. And I still get a lot of mascara and lip product from Ipsy despite marking them as things I want rarely. I like skincare, and I get more of that with Play! than Ipsy. I think Ipsy’s personalization is better, and their sample sizes tend to be larger. I would also happily trade the Ipsy makeup bag for an extra sample. I just don’t need 12 bags/year. I like and subscribe both, but they have different pros/cons.
Anonymous Insider

It depends on what you are looking for. I recently joined after watching the past few months of reveal videos. It's only $10, it's fun, and sometimes you find something you love. I'm in search of a few new products (mascara, foundation, perfume, skin care...) so this is a great way to find them.

Every once in a while, I get something new that I end up loving, but there are a lot of repeats and it is mostly skincare. If you are looking for more makeup, I highly suggest Ipsy. For $12, you get 5 deluxe samples (but usually some are full-size) and a bag, and I have never had repeats.

RE: is it worth joining play sephora?

No don’t do it; they advertise for high-end products but you actually get low-grade, mainly skincare not makeup products. I often get the same products over and over again month after month. Customer service is no help either. On the verge of canceling my subscription. But do share if there are better subscription companies!!
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing