Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

ipsy to play

I am thinking of changing from ipsy to play. What do people prefer? What has come in the last few bags?

Anonymous Insider

i am about to get my first month of Sephora and I've gott...

i am about to get my first month of Sephora and I've gotten two months of Ipsy so far I like Ipsy and I'm expecting great things of Sephora but , I'm interested to know what people think and why?

RE: ipsy to play

I had ipsy and didn't care for it. I changed to play and also get BoxyCharm

I had IPSY for 3 years. The bags were cute, but I wasn't happy with all of the random, drugstore-type brands I was getting. I've been getting Play for almost a year now and I LOVE IT. I enjoy being able to walk into Sephora and get the exact item that I sampled. I've Birchbox for 4 years also, and Play is by far my favorite subscription box.

I have enjoyed my ipsy bag. I am hoping this would be better so I am giving it a tryout. Wish me luck.

I have both and I really like both ❤️❤️❤️ But I like more ipsy 🤔
Anonymous Insider

I have both, but love Play more. If I had to choose betwe...

I have both, but love Play more. If I had to choose between the two, it would be Play no questions asked!!

I had ipsy for about 3yrs and finally got tired of gettin...

I had ipsy for about 3yrs and finally got tired of getting things I wasn't interested in. I have only had play for about 9 months and sometimes it rocks and other times it's just ok, but overall, I like the brands sephora play has much better than the ipsy ones.

I m trying both subscriptions..and my experience is play is better than Ipsy..

I like ipsy because of how they do there points and you can check on your bag more like what's it going to be about and the tracking. I like ipsy better than play but have both

Re: ipsy to play

I had cancelled my Ipsy subscription because many of the items were similar or duplicates of what I had already received through Ipsy. I have not tried Play but that is my take! 🙂

I love play!! I don't have ipsy...but totally thinking ab...

I love play!! I don't have ipsy...but totally thinking about adding it. you get a lil of everything in play but ipsy seems like more makeup samples out of the two.

I left ipsy when I discovered play and never looked back

Play is 100% better than ispy

I love the perfumes in the bags
Anonymous Insider

I've had absolutely no complaints with ipsy and been a su...

I've had absolutely no complaints with ipsy and been a subscriber for a year. The September box will be my first one and I haven't received it yet so I can't compare. Hope this helps!

I did Ipsy for about a year and cancelled when I was getting repeats and found I was giving away more than I kept. I've found the Play has more products I've wanted to try it heard about and a large enough sample to really decide if I want to purchase a full size. Ipsy seemed to be a lot of basic stuff-gold shadows and black eye liner.

Re: ipsy to play

Play uses more brand names, Ipsy has a tendency to use some random unknown brands. But Ipsy is better with personalization. 

I like Play better though. And I like the Play Pass. If you use it in store, you can get an extra 50 points. I'm going to unsubscribe to Ipsy and only have Play now,

Honestly I prefer play. I like the samples better and you get a card for 50 points with any purchase. It says full sized, but I've used it with stuff from the clearance section just fine, both in free standing and JCPenney's stores. If you want two, I highly recommend BoxyCharm. It's double the money, but everything is full sized. Last month my big items were a Tarte palette and lashes by pur cosmetics. This month we're getting a Eyeshadow Palette by Pur cosmetics, an eyebrow pencil by Mac, and some sort of lip color by colorpop. If you're gonna do two I highly recommend Play and Boxycharm. Plus with play you can go to like play nights. My closest store is 2.5 hours away so I don't go, but it's another nice perk if you live close.

I do both. Wouldn't give up either.

I actually have both I like variety. Ipsy has it's months...

I actually have both I like variety. Ipsy has it's months even tho I'm new at this whole play thing!

Definitely prefer Play over Ipsy. Ipsy gives tiny samples compared to Play
95 Replies
testing