Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

ipsy to play

I am thinking of changing from ipsy to play. What do people prefer? What has come in the last few bags?

RE: ipsy to play

I currently am getting both play and ipsy. And I get more things in my play bag that are useful rather than my ipsy bag also you get the additional fragrance and you get 50 points with ur play. The only thing I like about ipsy is the bag, but that is it.

Re: RE: ipsy to play

my friend does ipsy and the bags are all so cute! what are the play bags like? are they those drawstring pouches or are they real bags?

subscribe to BOXYCHARM it's 21.00 and there full size not...

subscribe to BOXYCHARM it's 21.00 and there full size not samples. you'll love it and it's worth it.

Play is much better than I pay. I used to get I pay and m...

Play is much better than I pay. I used to get I pay and mostly cheap products

I would recommend that you switch; you get better quality products with "Play," than "Ipsy." Also, the colors are more suitable to your complexion than "Ipsy." I'm going to cancel my subscription with Ipsy, if that tells you anything- "Play" is a much better choice than "Ipsy!"

I switched to play and I'm so glad I did! Well worth the like 26¢ or whatever from tax! I use them way more and it's all things I enjoy! At least for me I enjoy trying out all different kinds and playing with makeup! Definitely recommend because my ipsy bags were not as nice as this! Only thing I do miss is the bags and these are still cute but not little cute makeup bags

I switched to Play and have loved it you won't regret it .. I've used everything never a dud!!

I had ipsy for about 6 months and then got play while I was still getting ipsy. I ended up cancelling ipsy because I didn't like the quality of products, but they do send you a nice range of samples. I have had play for about 4 months and I have been very happy with it! They do send higher quality stuff but sometimes it is a product I have tried already and liked. So I guess it depends on if you want variety and brands you have tried/heard of. I also have boxy charm and every month am blown away for what we get for $21 a month!

Play, definitely! Better quality of products, I feel. Bet...

Play, definitely! Better quality of products, I feel. Better brands.

I really disliked ipsy when I had it. I consistently got drugstore brands and items that I would never use. I often gave some products away to friends because they wouldn't work for me. In my opinion, the Play box provides higher end products and more versatile products. Hope this helps!

do it girl I love my Sephora play box that I get every mo...

do it girl I love my Sephora play box that I get every month and not to mention 50 points to use in store!

I had Ipsy for a while but honestly the thing that got me most excited was the cute bags. I cancelled it about a year ago & haven't regretted it one bit. I enjoy the Sephora play box much better.

I have had ipsy for over a year and I cancelled it because I wasn't liking it anymore. I think Sephora play has much better brands and quality featured in theirs.
Anonymous Insider

I'm seriously thinking change my subscription for allure'...

I'm seriously thinking change my subscription for allure's box
Anonymous Insider

What are your thoughts on Ipsy? I'm considering trying it

I like Ipsy. I dropped all my subscriptions except Play &...

I like Ipsy. I dropped all my subscriptions except Play & Ipsy. Both are $10. Love Ipsy bags, usually really cute. Both subscriptions usually have 90% products i'd use.

I love ipsy but that's because I like getting brushes and I like getting larger sized samples. It also took a while but I get a bit of skincare in my ipsy bag along with some more personalized makeup shades. I feellike Sephora is nowhere near as personalized as people get filtered into a generic box type based off of a broad generalization of profileanswers. Shades and offerings are limited each month. That said, Sephora has incredible, well known brands that are available in store and are often higher end where with ipsy you can get a mix of high end or drugstore and a bunch of indie/unknown brands. I love both subscriptions for different reasons. Sephora is a splurge on things I typically wouldn't purchase for myself (hourglass, fresh, d&g, Bobbi brown) where Ipsy has stocked me up on a shload of brushes, eyeshadows, balms and lip products. tl;dr: ipsy for makeup (and a sometimes cute, durable makeup bag), Sephora for high end brands and skin care/haircare. Eff Birchbox lol. Sephora succeeds where Birchbox fails, imo. ETA: ipsy if you are a novice and trying to build up a collection on a budget. Sephora if you want skincare/hair care emphasis and plan on purchasing items with cost not being an issue.

I actually really like Ipsy. yes, some are drug store bra...

I actually really like Ipsy. yes, some are drug store brands but that's allows me a budget friendly option to buy. I have Birchbox, ipsy and play... Ipsy usually is my favorite, play 2nd and nearly always last Birchbox. My coworker and I try to film and give reviews. its just on a phone with no editing and actual reactions. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCROMscqbgUDaI6883usX1cQ Just throwing it out there since we are honest. take care!

I have had both for quite a while now. I think that gener...

I have had both for quite a while now. I think that generally sephora sends higher quality products but that ipsy is way more on point with products that fit me and my needs. I end up giving away about 75% of my sepora samples because they end up being way off base. I keep my play subscription in the hopes that it will be better the next month but it unfortunately hardly ever is. On that note I have pretty sensitive combo skin so it may just be harder to please me in terms of skin care products. Also I wish that sephora asked more questions in the play profile about makeup preferences. It just isn't customized enough to be my preference between the two.

RE: I have had both for quite a while now. I think that gener...

You might want to try Birchbox - I've subscribed to them for years now & I always get skincare products that are geared towards my sensitive, combo skin. I get Play! too, of course, but I think the combination of Birchbox & Play is perfect for me.

I had ipsy for about a year. I gave away about about 90% of the items I received. Of the stuff I kept, ended up only really keeping the 3 brushes they sent and one eye shadow.
1 Reply
testing