Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Play subscription no longer counting towards point balance ?

I noticed that my January 2019 play box order did not add any additional points to my balance. I’ve been a subscriber for over a year and a half now and always appreciated having the cost go towards my point balance, as it is a purchase through Sephora.com. I read the updates to the 2019 beauty insider program and saw Play no longer counted. I’m pretty disappointed. That is $120 a year at Sephora I will not earn points for. Thoughts on this ?

Re: Play subscription no longer counting towards point balance ?

I was getting ready to ask the same thing. When I was writing my question.. your's popped up. So, I am confused.. does subscription price still count or not? I haven't gotten my "credit" yet.. and this is the 26th. 

Hi @HelloWorldItsMe ,

You should still receive your points and $10 spend each month from your Play! Box. I'll take a look further and I'll send you a private message to help shortly. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie 

I just checked my account and my points were added for this month. Phew! Weird that the terms & conditions say Play no longer counts. And before today I didn't see my points in my account, but when I just looked it says they were added on the 2nd.

Hi @JmePz, I'm so sorry you didn't receive your points for this month's box! I will look into this for you and PM you shortly with more information.

RE: Play subscription no longer counting towards point balance ?

I was hesitating to cancel my subscription because of the bonus points, but if they are not doing this anymore I might have to cancel. I am really disappointed in my January box, everything in it is being given away because I can’t use the products. But if they aren’t even giving us the points anymore that’s just one more thing against keeping the subscription. Sephora you can do better than this!

If I’m not mistaken I believe they are referring to Beauty Insider points, not the 50 point bonus, I hope?!

I think it’s awful how Sephora keeps taking away what brought us all here. (The extras of course )between the decrease in samples to the play box not counting towards points it’s has gotten sad. I have started ordering direct from companies(la Mer gives amazing samples) and currently unsure whether I’ll spend enough here to keep rouge(had it for yrs). After that luxe vol 3 playbox nightmare I’m really questioning how much do they value us (their loyal shoppers).

Re: RE: Play subscription no longer counting towards point balance ?

Hi @isabella2, so sorry to hear that! I checked in for you too, and your points were also added for the January box at the beginning of the month.

Same here

Hi @biswassu, I checked your account, and your points were added at the beginning of the month for your January box. I hope this helps clarify!

Since the changes to the BI program were made mid-January, does that mean the January box will be the last one that counts towards BI or will Play! subscribers continue to receive our 10 points a month for the box?  As others have noted, that's $120/year towards VIB/Rouge, and, if no longer available after January, is a big loss of rewards.

Will we receive 10 BI points for boxes going forward?

Hi @Liz159, yes, you will continue to receive your points for Play boxes. The monthly subscription fee will also continue to count toward your YTD spend. I hope this helps clarify!

It does, thank you very much!!

Does this also mean our Play! subscription purchases won't count towards our Insider tiers? This would be enough to make me cancel because I was counting on that $120 a year to get me closer to VIB renewal.

If that's the case I'm probably going to cancel my subscr...

If that's the case I'm probably going to cancel my subscription if that $120 isn't going towards vib or rouge.

This month's $10 did seem to count, so hopefully that con...

This month's $10 did seem to count, so hopefully that continues.

Re: This month's $10 did seem to count, so hopefully that con...

Hi @bookwyrmm, sorry for the confusion! I took a look, and please rest assured that you did receive the points for this months box, and, as you said, the $10 spend was also added to your YTD total. I hope this helps!

What?? That is really upsetting. I just checked their points terms & conditions and yep they did add Play to the end of the list of things that do not collect points. I've never been one of the customers to threaten cancelling but the only reason I've been ok with the micro-mini sample sizes (and now this month foil samples!) that are slowly creeping into the boxes is because at least I was gaining 10 points a month. Which I was getting a lot of use from. I'm so disappointed.
18 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing