Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Nothing NEW to me in the month's play, but it's a winner nonetheless. I just ran out of my Anastasia brow gel, and my KVD trooper FS got a stray hair on the brush, so it just doesn't apply nicely. These are staples I NEEDED to repurchase, as I'm getting married in a month and want my tried-and-true products.

Minis mean I can put off the inevitable for a bit and still be stocked up!

Not bad.

I agree. The items in this month's box weren't particularly new and exciting, but they're all items that I'll actually use. That totally makes this box a winner. 

I see a lot of people complaining about multiple samples. Honestly, there are new subscribers every day and it makes sense at least in my opinion, that Sephora creates boxes containing the most popular sellers that some don't know about yet. Kat's eyeliner, honestly, I never tried before. It's my new favorite so if I receive 5 of these as someone described, over the next 2 years, that would actually make me a really happy camper. Or trooper, in this case. This is my 4th box. I'm not a makeup pro but I am pretty versed. I have not received anything in my boxes yet that I haven't liked. A high end mascara or eyeliner is around $20. I don't know about you guys, but I go thru these a lot. Getting a chance to experience the formula and shades in advance is great for me. And, I get to try hings I'd never otherwise think of getting. I'd normally never, ever have bought a taupe liner by Sephora Collection in a million years, but it arrived in my last month's box and it's become a staple, I'm about to order a full size. IN that same taupe. The perfume samples are a special treat. I get to wear it a good week before deciding on it. My mom used to say, you can skimp on the clothes and jewelry but having a really good hair style and excellent makeup makes all the difference. It's not as though we're getting samples in some hideous orange color (like my recent ipsy incident.) Personally, I think this Play box is an awesome deal. I get to test drive the best of the best for around a month and smell nice doing it, then I run out and I get a brand new box and can purchases full sizes of what I like best at a discount and get tutorials at the store while I'm at it. Just my opinion.

...can purchases full sizes of what I like best at a discount and get tutorials at the store while I'm at it.

Sephora is offering a discount for FS PLAY products?

I didn't know this......only about the PLAY dates.

I'm hoping that Milk highlighter makes me look like an angel/alien. I want to glow like an elf over here.

I LOL'd at this, hehe. I hope I get that highlighter in my box this month. @polarbabe

Tried the Nudestix lip pencil in Belle (bag #114) and it is gorgeous! It's one of those my lips but better shades. Maybe this bag is better than I thought Smiley Happy

I also really like the NUDESTIX lip pencil. I wasn't sure about It from the picture but when I got it and tried it on I love it! 

Just got my box as well (072), and I'm pretty happy with it. I LOVE the Smashbox - it's basically a liquid version of NARS Jane. I probably won't like the cream; gel creams are never moisturizing enough for me. But I love the Farmacy spray already, and the Estee Edit gloss is at least ok, and I can always use another hair mask.

Here is a comparison swatch of Driver's Seat, for those who aren't sure whether they want to keep it yet. Left is KVD Lolita II, right is the Smashbox, bottom is NARS Jane. Jane is a bit brighter, Lolita II is darker and a bit pinker. Direct indoor light.

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

Glad you're liking it too, @JazaChai! Now I know why I like it, Jane is one of my favorites

I just got the 114 box and decided to cancel my membership because of what was in it, and what was in the previous box.  I marked my profile as sensitive, porcelain skin, and they send me products with alcohol and a lot of fragrance in them.  They sent me TWO god-awful colors in the Smashbox matte liquid and the Nudestix.  The Tom Ford sample is horrible.  Enough! 

I'm on the same boat, 114 box literally made me want to unsubscribe, I'm giving one more month and if it is as bad as this one they lost me too.

Tried the waiting list site, but was told I was routed there by error because it "was broken."  Any other way to join the waiting list?

Mickey Purnell

@mickpurr you may have gotten the error message when there were internet issues a couple days ago.  Your best bet to signing up is to keep trying (link below) - good luck!

http://www.sephora.com/play-subscription-P396286?icid2=play_currentmonth_subscribe_get_started_image...

As soon as I decide to cancel my Play! subscription (because its a waste imo) Sephora goes and sends me this amazing box! I've wanted to try most of these products! Dang it, they got me for al least one more month Smiley Very Happy

image.jpeg

That's a real;ly good box.  I'm bummed I missed last month.  Those looks like all things I would use and a really good mix of interesting brands.

I posted it at Trade thread but I am leaving it here as well. If anyone wants to get rid of their SB driver's seat from last play box, send me a PM.Thanks!

Hi I swatched mine once and won't be using it! If you would want to do a trade on this let me know.

Has anyone figured out how/when Play boxes are shipped? It seems like I'm consistently getting boxes weeks after people start posting the contents on Instagram.

I wonder about this also. It keeps getting later and later each month. 

So I got 977 this month and, while it was better than the last few months, I'm still a little let down. Seriously the only reason I haven't cancelled is because I don't want to have to be on the wait list for 6+ months again haha. 

1,469 Replies