Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I'm getting 114 and while I'm sad to miss out on the Drunk Elephant serum in box 106 everything else looks great! I'm especially excited for the Nudestix pencil.

i wanted to try the skin dew... and i'd rather try a liquid lip than a lip gloss; i hope that's wrong. And not interested in the skin inc peel. but everything else looks good especially the nudestix pencil

@samhain from looking at pictures of the box contents on insta and my subscription addiction I am almost totally sure the smashbox product in box 114 is the liquid lipstick in the color driver's seat, not a lipgloss! I actually think the smashbox liquid lip is in every box and it was incorrectly listed as a lipgloss in some, because I've looked at pictures of all the boxes and it looks like they all have exactly the same smashbox lippie. 

(edit: messaged someone on insta who got box 114 and she confirmed it is the liquid lipstick)

oh much better. Smiley Happy that's perfect. 

Wow Sephora really killed it this month! I'm getting 072 but I would have loved any of these. Finally a great variety of brands and products!

I'm getting box 122 I don't hate it,but not super loving it either. My mom is getting 106 and my roommate is getting 072 so probably going to some swapping this time around. 

Hmm I'm getting 106 and that probably would have been my last choice out of the 4. Not sure why there would be 2 lip items in a box? The only item I'm even a little interested in trying is the farmacy skin dew, everything else is a miss for me this month.

UPDATED posting to show liquid lip in box ending #114

Hey guys, where can I find my box number? 

My order number ends with 762 so I'm confused...

If you click on the actual order it should show the item # listed underneath where it says monthly Play subscription and shows the little picture of the Play bag.

I'd post a pic for you, but Sephora's not allowing me to post pics these days, I keep getting an error message.

@CAcay thank you so so much! I finally figured it out. Smiley Happy

If anyone else can't find it, Drivers Seat is one of the Always On Liquid Lipsticks.....and once again it's PINK. Sephora, seriously?  No matter how many pink lip products you throw into these Play! boxes, the way my melanin is set up, [1] these shades are not "universally" flattering and [2]I am so NOT interested.

I cannot believe they included that Madame CJ Walker Coconut oil.  I hate when brands slap their name on top of something I could easily go to Trader Joes/Whole Foods/etc to grab (the coconut oil) & spruce up with essential oils.

/rant 😝

hahahaahahah! I guess you are also getting Box 106 and not happy...????

(misery loves company) ;')

what gave me away, LMAO.  

Honestly outside of the two annoyances listed above I am interested in trying the Drunk Elephant and Farmacy, though my combo/oily skin may not agree with this

This will be my 1st Play box, so I'm still trying to figure it all out... I am also getting #106, and I have dry skin.  I noticed you mentioned having combo/oily skin.  How do they determine who gets which box?

@desertgirl501 It seems to be related to skin type, and with this box I think also hair type. Whatever you have in your Sephora profile is what they will use to determine that, so if you haven't filled that out, or updated it lately, you should do that.

In previous boxes (and this one), one of the varying products is often a skincare product, and they will send, eg., a lighter gel cream to the combo/oily people, and a heavier cream to the dry people, things like that. This is the first box where there have been 4 variations, so it's hard to tell what other factor(s) they used, but it looks like skin type is still definitely one of them.

@JazaChai thank you for the insights!  I see what you mean by hair type and skin type for this box.  I checked my profile, and skin type=dry, so it makes sense that I will receive the Farmacy.  

Hair type=chemically treated, coarse, dry, so this is prolly why the Madame CJ Walker Coconut Oil.  

Good to know that Sephora tries to personalize the boxes. Hope my box arrives soon.

@ElleElleG I've tried almost all of the shades from the smashbox always on collection and driver's seat is one of my favorites. It's not really pink, it's more peachy/terra-cotta than pink. I don't know how to explain it. It's a very unique and flattering shade.. not your typical pink. I hope this helps!

Thanks @Lateesi I'm hoping it works better than the other pinks/brands we have received 

I'm getting this box and am excited to try everything. I already have a small size of the coconut oil and honestly it smells like candy. I have real coconut oil and the cj walker one has a different scent and consistency. I use it when I want my hair to smell especially good lol. 

I got 122. I'm pretty happy with it, except the Belif lol. Wish I had gotten Farmacy instead.

1,469 Replies