Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

This is a little underwhelming ...   not much here screams of " party" to me  except the red lip stain that  I recently received when I walked into a SIJCP as a freebie .

I just canceled my subscription after seeing the spoilers on MSA. Unfortunately I'm not excited about any of the items. I'm thinking of subbing to the Sisley box instead! Seems like I'd use everything in those and get my money's worth!

I'm SUPER excited about the dry shampoo and setting spray, and being excited about 2/6 products in my box is probably a record for me which I'm realizing probably isn't the best sign. I had such high hopes for this subscription box but I've been fairly underwhelmed each month...

I am getting box 832 and I am definitely disappointed! My profile says I have dry, sensitive time. This is especially true now that we are in winter. I'm not sure why I am receiving the Smoothing Primer and All Nighter. This will be useless! Shouldn't our boxes be more catered to our skin type?

Got my box yesterday, pretty disappointing really. Unless there is something to wow me in the January box, I'm probably gonna cancel and just stick with ipsy. At least with ipsy I get cute makeup pouches that are good for when I travel for work.

I wasn't too crazy about the items in this month's box, but I know they're not terrible either. I'm actually really digging the black and gold bag which I felt was very chic and really distinguished itself from previous months (maybe because it was for the holiday season?).

I've been getting the box since it's first text launch. Not sure how long it's been but I think over a year.

I think I'm going to cancel it's not exciting me

Actually I keep forgetting I'm even subscribed until the box arrives

Looking at the verified spoilers  for box # 468 , the amore pacific is little more than a glorified  single use foil in two medium toned shades.  Why was there such a big deal made about  updating our profile if they were going to send such dark colors ? 

editing to add: On the sign up page for PLAY! it says that we get 5 deluxe samples plus  a fragrance bonus. I don't see how the AP can be considered to be a deluxe sample.

MSA posted more spoilers. I'm having trouble uploading pics right now but for 435 we're getting:

Clinique Black Honey
Ouai Treatment Masque
Tarte FRXXXTION Stick
DERMABLEND Loose Setting Powder
Caudalie Reservatol Lift Moisturizer
Pinrose Wild Child

I wanted the drunk elephant but prefer setting powder over foundation samples

I am getting box 450, and already have several of the Farmacy Honey mask deluxe samples. Really wanting to try the Kale+Spinach moisturizer! If anyone would like to trade.

I got box 443 yesterday.

Contents are:

Ouai hair mask

Clinique Black Honey balm

Boscia BB cream

Caudalie Life SPF moisturizer

Tarte Frxxion stick

Pinrose fragrance pad

Not terrible, but nothing that strikes my tastes as super stellar. I tend to divide up my Play box with my cousin so as long as I can divvy up the box I don't consider it a loss. She's been into hair masks lately and is a Tarte and Boscia fan so I'll be giving the exfoliating stick, BB cream, and hair mask to her. I give my fragrance samplers every month to a friend who's a fragrance fanatic and she loves all the trial sizes or fragrance cards I pass her way. I'm planning to give my cousin the Clinique balm too, she's a fan of more neutral/soft shades so it'll fit her with a light application and I'm certainly in no need for more lip products (I'm trying to shop my own stash and use a different lip color weekly). I'll use the Caudalie moisturizer though, so that I'm keeping for myself.

Wow thanks! I didn't know about this site.

My box is out for delivery, yay!

I can't say I'm super excited (I'm going to just sell/trade my Nars, and I don't care much about the clinique or origins) but it's my first play box so it's still exciting to see and open it Smiley Very Happy I hope the lip injection gloss doesn't burn my lips tho hah.

Box received today....pretty meh about it TBH. Typically when my box arrives it sits, unopened, on a table for a couple weeks.  This time around the bag caught my attention & I wanted to feel the quality, not too shabby.

How are you all using each month's bag? 

I'm not thrilled with my box (591), but I will say this I LOVE the bag it comes in! I wish I had pj's made out of this stuff Smiley Very Happy

March play spoiler (photo cred MSA) 

Glamglow Glowstarter

image.jpeg

Is it me or are we getting a GlamGlow product in every other box? It seems like it to me. 

Not sure which box I'm getting yet. 

17353205_10101121464228842_5415802745633235263_n.jpg

Mine came today (#469)! I love, love, love highlighters, so I thought I'd be more pleased with this month. But I just have so many Watts Up & Primer Potion minis floating around already. I certainly don't need any more! My curly hair could probably benefit a lot from the Verb Ghost Oil though, and we'll see about the other two products! I'm feeling pretty skeptical after hearing some of the reviews rolling in about them! Is it time for April's box yet...? Smiley Happy

Received my box today and I am quite content with it, except I am a little disappointed with the Josie Maran. I think I will use everything here. As opposed to popular opinion, I actually enjoy the Benefit Watt's Up! I actually use them and whoever doesn't want theirs, let me know! I go through these mini sticks whenever I get them, avoiding the purchase of the full size. Smiley Happy

17357317_10210283135048496_793813606_o.jpeg

I am happier with this box than the March box. I wish the moisturizer came in a mini jar , so we could get all of it out without tearing up the tube . I am not enthralled by yet another smashbox primer , as it isn't the formula I prefer . I will use the eyeliner and the exfolikate. I am  fairly pleased with this box . 

BOX 583 Very sad...I won't be using anything.  I don't like the bag either.  Reminds me of Wendy's.  All I wanted was he fresh vitamin C...SO SAD.  Anyone want to trade.  I wished I could have gotten box 609.

1,469 Replies