Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

RE: Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I love everything Play sends.

RE: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I wish Canada had this

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Did you guys see this? Sorry if it's the wrong place to post

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.30.38 PM.png

It's TERRIBLE! I got it, the bag is HORRIBLE! It's two pieces of fabric sewn together terrible with a tacky zipper! The products inside were great, but it should have come with 1 or 2 more!! I cannot even believe Sephora sold this bag!

Yup. And of course ordered it Smiley Happy. Curious about products. 

Oh, and a Dior Show mascara.

It has an SKII essence, a tiny Tom Ford lipstick, an AmorePacific moisturizer, an Hourglass Veil primer, and a Flowerbomb sample. As for the bag, I thought it was really cute and love the holo, but I'm also never looking to re-use the bag from Play boxes.

Did we get confirmation that they've essentially cracked down on spoilers coming out?

Box #148

August Play! Box #148August Play! Box #148

I just received my box this afternoon and I am VERY ecstatic to try everything out! I already own the Hourglass, Clinique and BB samples but do not mind using them as backups. The Hourglass stick is in the shade Shell which will be perfect for mixing in with my current one that is too light for the summer. Overall, I am very satisfied with this month's box. Kudos, Sephora!

I love the mini beauty blender!

RE: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Box#221

I think I have box 213...The last three digits on the number above the barcode, right? I got:

• Hourglass Vanish in shade shell
  • Mini Beauty Blender
  • KVD Lock-it Concealer in L3 Warm
  • Caviar Miracle Volume Mist
  • Lancer Polish cleanser
  • Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue

Overall, I really like this! The shades look like they're not perfect but will work for my skin, and I've been dying to try HG's Vanish stick. 

This is the first time that I like my box (130) the most out of all the available ones--aside from the Clinique mascara, these are all items I have yet to try. The beauty periodic table is so adorable--it'd be awesome if Play boxes continue with cute, original presentation like this.

I'm also happy to find the Hourglass foundation stick in my box is in the shade Shell (light, neutral undertone) instead of the reported Beige on a reddit post I read. 

August Play box 130August Play box 130

I got this box, too, and I'm thrilled that for once, the foundation is actually a decent match! And the Alterna is a very good sized sample.

The August Play box is my 16th box in this subscription. I have enjoyed all of them. It has allowed me to experience different brands and products that I would not have considered. I have trolled the MSA site and Sephora BT for quite some time, but this is the first time I have responded. I am quite disappointed in all of the negative talk. I have only one profile and feel that the products I receive in my box are well suited to my needs/concerns. I am a Sephora Rouge and ULTA Platinum member. I have quite the stash of products. I am almost caught up on the skincare and hair products I've received in my play boxes. Cosmetics seem to accumulate in my box, as I already have enough lipstick, mascara, eyeshadows, and highlighters to last my lifetime and beyond! (Oh my, how can I ever keep up with all the new formularies that come out (mattes, oils, glosses, powders, sticks, stains and on and on), not to say that I don't want them. I am working on them, but I use up the first purchased before moving on to a new one. Sephora has so many brands, I wish they would include more brands in the Play boxes. I loved the monthly themed idea and miss the U-tube video of the box with tricks and tips by the Sephora team. Why did you stop? My work schedule doesn't allow me to regularly attend the Play dates, but I have enjoyed a few Smiley Happy I purchased the Play Iconic box, so am wondering what Sephora has in store for the future?? (two options for the boxes, do tell Smiley Wink Oh, and the controversy over the perfume samples... Please, I am ALL About the SCENT!!! I have to know what EVERYTHING smells like, and the texture... SO bring on the Scents!!! Sephora, Please consider including every/all of the Jo Malone scents, and Cartier's Basier Voile/Fou, Chanel (loving the Gabriel, got a sneak peek sniff of the scent!!!), Ralph Lauren's new Woman, will you carry the new Calvin Klein Obessed?, Loving it. Well, Obsession started my trek on the Scent addiction, oh, so many years ago. Loved Klein's Truth scent and was very disappointed when they discontinued it. There are so many others I could ask for.  I just wanted to add my small voice to the mix and let it be known that I'm enjoying my boxes. P.S. I like the bonus point cards. I do keep them, and lately the Sephora staff wants to take them away, because others have tried to abuse the privilege. They use a marker on the bottom, so that it can't be read again.

I think box 205 got the beige shade. That's what I have and it actually is a decent match for me. I have tan~olive skin so it may have matched by skin tone this month

I got this box as well. Pretty happy with everything this month!! The foundation may be a tiny bit too dark for me but I'll still give it a shot. It could be worse.

Box 130!  LOOOOOVE the Hourglass Foundation Stick and Beauty Blender!  Love multipurpose tools, so am excited to get the Clinique dual-ended Mascara and Primer!  Even the perfume is Burberry!  Have never tried Korres or Caviar products before, so will be looking forward!  Overall, I think this month's play box is pretty good!  

Box 122 spoilers:

• Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist

• GLAMGLOW VOLCASMIC Matte Glow Moisturizer

• Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil

• Clinique Dual-Ended High Impact Mascara & Primer Duo

• beautyblender® micro.mini

• Kay Von D Saint + Sinner Eau de Parfum

I'm honestly sad to be receiving this after seeing the other boxes Smiley Sad  The other boxes were so good.  I would much rather have a foundation or concealer sample than another moisturizer.

Nooo..... :-(

This is my box and I'm so disappointed too; I canceled before June after seeing what was going to be in the June box, but resubscribed for July and I think I'm just going to cancel again now and give up on Play for good. Generally I like Alterna but volumizing hair products are the LAST thing I need and that's reflected in my Play profile (checked chemically treated, coarse, curly, dry, and wavy).  I either don't usually like, or go out of my way NOT to buy/support, all of the other brands that are sampled (except beautyblender), which I know isn't Sephora's fault but more brand diversity would be nice, especially after seeing what's in the other boxes.

I was so excited for this box too after seeing the first full spoilers so I guess that just adds on to my disappointment and frustration with Play generally.  I know it'd probably be too much trouble but I wish we had more control over which Play box we get each month, like how with Box of Style you usually get to choose e.g. what color sunglasses you're getting.  It would be nice to expand the Play profile so we can pick which brands we like, which brands we don't like, select a preference over makeup vs. hair care vs. skincare, etc., what type of products we don't want (e.g. makeup remover) so at least they would be a little more tailored, even if it doesn't turn out to be 100% accurate each month.

1,519 Replies