Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

This was my first box and I'm not sure how I feel. I know you can't really choose what "box" you get, but I'm pretty disappointed. Two of the samples I got came in a Sephora Favorites box I just purchased and I don't need two of each. Bummer. The two lip shades are fun but almost identical. The last product is a hair product and I'm not particular to hair products so it was okay. The perfume was insanely floral and, of course, I can't personally stand floral and sweet scents. I was super excited for the other box, since that was the one in my email and the one I thought I was going to get. I'm going to try the lip products but gift everything else. Meh. 

Well I got box 114 with the Egg Mellow Cream, and I'm allergic to eggs. -.- Lol.

I'm really happy with my box this month (I got 072)! 

I received:

-The Estee Edit Flash Photo Gloss

-Smashbox Matte LL in Driver's Seat

-Erborian Bamboo Creme Frappe

-Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask

-Farmacy Skin Dew Mist

-YSL Mon Paris

I wish I got the Drunk Elephant instead of the Erborian but other than that I'm loving everything else. I feel this was a pretty solid curation. A little bit of everything Smiley Happy 

Just realized there is a number dedicated to the Play box:

I got box 114 too last month and I feel like the overall consensus was that most people thought it sucked.  I was so disappointed that I wasn't receiving the products that they talked about in the videos on Sephora. I got all excited to try them and ended up with only one product that was the same --the Smashbox lippie that everyone got! The worst part was the perfume--talk about old grandma smell!! I'm 36--not 86!! I don't want to smell like a nursing home. I envied everyone that got the YSL Mom Paris as I was recently in a store and smelled it. It smelled so pretty. One of the greatest benefits of Play by Sephora was the fact that everyone received the same items. I hated ipsy because I always had FOMO or box envy. I wish that they had not started the variations in the boxes. Maybe I'll grow to like it, but most months there have been variations, I've found myself wishing I had received different products--especially the ones listed on the actual Play by Sephora site. If they are going to send out different boxes, they should at least talk about ALL the products on that page. I'm getting box 977 this month and I'm praying I won't be disappointed again. I can't seem to figure out how they determine who gets what box because I've seen people with the same profile answers as me say they got a different box. Maybe it's just random? I wish Sephora would list the products you're getting within the first week of the month. It's been getting later and later each month.  Last month I never got tracking and the items I was to receive didn't show up online until after I got my box. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they work out the kinks in this subscription soon. I'm not giving up on them just yet.

This was posted on IG not sure what the box number is though!

Glad I cancelled and didn't get this months box. I was noticing repeats from past boxes. 

I'm really excited for the Caviar stick.

Not so excited for the Glamglow because last time I used it it gave me a chemical burn on my face lol. Gonna probably pawn it off to someone who can make use of it...

I ann also getting box 977 (and got 114 last month like another poster below mentioned). I have combo skin with acne and pores as my concern. Any ideas on the box combo?

For those feeling the Sephora lip gloss was too "bubblegum" pink, I actually tried it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be MLBB with a nice mositurizing sheen.  My lips are slightly pigmented on their own but it just brought out a healthy pink to them.

I finally got shipping confirmation!  1 week after my box arrived December theme is up, too:

Anybody else not receive their box this month? 😒

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍻❤️

I just got an email that my Dec box has shipped! Anyone else?!

That is surprisingly early. Don't they usually come on the third week of each month? Anywho, I am excited and hopefully this box will be better than the last two or I might cancel my subscription. It's my third month and I've been getting mediocre boxes.

This is a little underwhelming ...   not much here screams of " party" to me  except the red lip stain that  I recently received when I walked into a SIJCP as a freebie .

I just canceled my subscription after seeing the spoilers on MSA. Unfortunately I'm not excited about any of the items. I'm thinking of subbing to the Sisley box instead! Seems like I'd use everything in those and get my money's worth!

I'm SUPER excited about the dry shampoo and setting spray, and being excited about 2/6 products in my box is probably a record for me which I'm realizing probably isn't the best sign. I had such high hopes for this subscription box but I've been fairly underwhelmed each month...

I am getting box 832 and I am definitely disappointed! My profile says I have dry, sensitive time. This is especially true now that we are in winter. I'm not sure why I am receiving the Smoothing Primer and All Nighter. This will be useless! Shouldn't our boxes be more catered to our skin type?

Got my box yesterday, pretty disappointing really. Unless there is something to wow me in the January box, I'm probably gonna cancel and just stick with ipsy. At least with ipsy I get cute makeup pouches that are good for when I travel for work.

I wasn't too crazy about the items in this month's box, but I know they're not terrible either. I'm actually really digging the black and gold bag which I felt was very chic and really distinguished itself from previous months (maybe because it was for the holiday season?).

I've been getting the box since it's first text launch. Not sure how long it's been but I think over a year.

I think I'm going to cancel it's not exciting me

Actually I keep forgetting I'm even subscribed until the box arrives

Looking at the verified spoilers  for box # 468 , the amore pacific is little more than a glorified  single use foil in two medium toned shades.  Why was there such a big deal made about  updating our profile if they were going to send such dark colors ? 

editing to add: On the sign up page for PLAY! it says that we get 5 deluxe samples plus  a fragrance bonus. I don't see how the AP can be considered to be a deluxe sample.

MSA posted more spoilers. I'm having trouble uploading pics right now but for 435 we're getting:

Clinique Black Honey
Ouai Treatment Masque
Tarte FRXXXTION Stick
DERMABLEND Loose Setting Powder
Caudalie Reservatol Lift Moisturizer
Pinrose Wild Child

I wanted the drunk elephant but prefer setting powder over foundation samples

I am getting box 450, and already have several of the Farmacy Honey mask deluxe samples. Really wanting to try the Kale+Spinach moisturizer! If anyone would like to trade.

I got box 443 yesterday.

Contents are:

Ouai hair mask

Clinique Black Honey balm

Boscia BB cream

Caudalie Life SPF moisturizer

Tarte Frxxion stick

Pinrose fragrance pad

Not terrible, but nothing that strikes my tastes as super stellar. I tend to divide up my Play box with my cousin so as long as I can divvy up the box I don't consider it a loss. She's been into hair masks lately and is a Tarte and Boscia fan so I'll be giving the exfoliating stick, BB cream, and hair mask to her. I give my fragrance samplers every month to a friend who's a fragrance fanatic and she loves all the trial sizes or fragrance cards I pass her way. I'm planning to give my cousin the Clinique balm too, she's a fan of more neutral/soft shades so it'll fit her with a light application and I'm certainly in no need for more lip products (I'm trying to shop my own stash and use a different lip color weekly). I'll use the Caudalie moisturizer though, so that I'm keeping for myself.

Wow thanks! I didn't know about this site.

1,416 Replies