Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Think the wave spray works on super short hair? :'( the one time I get excited about a hair product lol.

July was supposed to be my first Play! box, but it seems to have gone missing in the mail. (Sephora issued a credit.)  

Is this a common problem?  It makes me wonder why I jumped at my invitation.  :-(

PS - Sephora, rather than crediting my account, I would have been happier if you had sent a Blotterazzi and substitutes. 

Spoiler
I watched the sneak peak video and these are my guesses for next months box. Mini lipstick MUFA, mascara primer?, makeup primer, liquid black eyeliner, living proof styling cream. These are my guesses from watching the video you could see some products in the reflection of a mirror. Saw the info sheet but didn't have any identifying info. Saw model apply something all over her face. Saw her apply black liquid eyeliner and apply product to her hair. 

Sorry didn't mean to make it a spoiler! 

I loved my August box. I can actually use every single item in this box and enjoy it Smiley Happy 

I agree I love this box completely , I got the one with the Rose fragrance and the taupe eye liner , but so far I have used everything and I love it all . I was also curious about the plum liner that others received so I went to Sephora and checked out the color and I ended up buying  both pencils in full size right away . 

This box was a win-win for me !!

I liked this box a lot, or at least more than the July box. The shadow is versatile and flattering, and I appreciated the Caudalie and Lancôme samples because I'm kind of a coward when it comes to trying new skin care. For the fragrance bonus, I got the rose scent, and after reading everyone's comments about smelling like a dryer sheet, I'm glad I was spared! You guys crack me up! 

Beautiful eyeshadow and great eye cream. I passed the plum eyeliner along to a friend due to an allergy and she liked it as well as the Clean Warm Cotton; something for everyone, I suppose. I love the Nest Citrine from last month and the Rahua works well for me. I am finding something to love in every box so far.

I am glad so many enjoyed their box this month. I guess for me, I just already have pretty much every item from some prior promo or gwp.

I also realized there are no full sized products in this box, and to me, I feel like there are better boxes with better rewards/points, at least for me, at the same price point. (I don't usually make it out to the store every month and so the points card isn't that great for me.)

I cancelled after this month, and I'm thinking about going back to Ipsy. It just doesn't seem like the box is worth the price tag IMHO. It's not a bad subbox, but I feel like there are a lot better alternatives and actually cheaper, considering the tax.

Well, I received an application for PLAY and by the time I went to go and enter my information 2 hours later - POOF it was gone! 

So frustrating. 

It's a nice  box . I am getting #80 and I will likely use almost everything  in there . I do like the OH moisturizer but I already have plenty . I have been wanting to try the water drop for some time . The box does  seem to be a lot of repeats , and is that lippie the same one we can all go to SiJCP and get for free right now ?   I kind of wish the Play Box had exclusives  Smiley Happy 

HEY GIRLS! Do you know already the size of each product?! Im getting the #98 box. tks <3

I`m very happy with this box. Four out of six items are in my Sephora Love list. Can`t wait!

I'm getting the #98 box and very much looking forward to it.  I really wish they'd give us a few months without eyeliner as I feel like I am drowning in them, but I'm very happy about everything else.

Someone just sent me a pm with insightful questions, so I am going to post my response here for anyone else with similar questions.

I signed up for the wait list in September 2015 when it first opened, but they were only offering subscriptions in test cities then. They opened up nationally in mid April, and I was lucky enough to grab a spot. My first box came in May. The waitlist does not mean anything. If you are lucky enough to arrive when there are openings, you will get a spot, waitlist or not. The only thing the waitlist does is send you an email when spots open up. They send way more emails than available spots and anyone who happens to check at the right time can also get in. My advice is check first thing on the 15th, because that is the day with the most openings. Good luck.

Yes, subscriptions stay active until you cancel.

The waitlist is open again...if you know of anyone that is interested Heart

wait.JPG

http://www.sephora.com/play

This is the first month that I've actually been excited about the box! I just wish I hadn't bought the same Kat Von D liner 9 days ago :/ Mine is running out and I picked up the mini set in the travel section at the Rouge event. At least I'll be stocked up for a while now with the ones in the GWP bags, this one and the 2 I purchased.

I got the box with Dr Jart and not the OH henriksen one and I'm SO happy about that! I have plenty of sheer transformation that I'm currently trying to use up. I'm excited to try this one out, but I don't think it'll be for a while since I'm really trying to focus on finishing up things that I have an abundance of. I like the OH one, but I just don't *love* it.

The LP I could do w/o, but I'll try it. My hair is thin, dry, brittle and falling out and LP stuff is usually to heavy, but I'll try it. I'm happy with the brow gel as I've never tried it. Perfume samples never excite me, but at least it's s scent that's new to me. I think the ls is a pretty color that I'll probably get some use out of.

After opening my box I realized I have everything in the box already . Most of these things I will eventually use , but there was no "surprise " for me . 

I have been wanting to try the Dr Jart moisturizer fort some time but I have yet another jar of the sheer transformation .  I received the same lip sample at JCP a few days past and dont we all have multiples of the  KVD trooper ? 

Please send some new things Sephora ? 

I'm actually very happy with this month's product selection, the KVD trooper and ABH brow gel are staples everyone needs in their collection and I don't mind getting multiples since they're great products. I've been wanting to try the night cap so I'm glad I got a sample of that. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to get the Ole Henriksen as it is my favorite face cream during summer but I'm glad I got the Dr Jart instead, the size is much larger (1 oz compared to 0.25 oz) and I was curious about it as well. The lipstick is not very flattering on my skintone but it's tiny and cute! I can't wait to see what next month's play looks like!

Dear Sephora,

please stop torturing me by inviting me to "Play" only to read the fine print that I can't play because I live in one of the two states you wont' send it to... Smiley Sad

I wanna play too...

I finally got in, I DID NOT wait for an email letting me know spots were open. I checked throughout the day for the past 5 days. I'm very happy it did not take months get in. It was open last night around 1130 Pacific but I was too slow in entering my cc information. I suggest already having your address and cc information in. I entered in my information last night. I got in this morning after checking like three times. It will say subscribe then a minute later say its all full. You have to be super fast! 

I saw people posting boxes on Instagram already, and they all look the same--the items are the spoilers posted below. I'm wondering if Sephora is shipping out boxes in batches based on the item number of the box. Mine (the box that ends in -114) hasn't even been shipped yet. 

1,469 Replies