Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

My crappy 583 box is not even shipped yet. Wish that I can cancel this useless order... It's already mid of the month and my monthly subscription box is not even shipped lol! Hopefully they will lose my box like old times or miss some items in my bag so I can call and get a refund!

Got box 583. I don't see myself using anything:/ Maybe the eye makeup remover in a pinch. That particular Smashbox primer breaks me out. 

This month was a big ol boo!

A really disappointing first box for me (583). Wish I would've signed up in time to get last month's box because it looked AWESOME. Oh well...at least I'll use the Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Cream and the Purity?

I got 583 too. And I already owned all six of the products. Maybe this is a sign I should cancel.

FYI...someone on reddit pointed out that the play passes expire at the end of THIS month this time, not the next month!  Kind of crappy since my box doesn't usually show up until the 20th or later, so it gives me like...a week to use it.

I've been subscribed to Play! for a year now, and this has to be the worst box so far. We seem to get primers every box, and this one I've gotten so many times I'm just giving it away now. I do like the eyeliner and the fragrance this month.

If I can make a suggestion: Please don't add primers every month.

April was horrendous here is to hoping for a good May and please make the 50 points redeemable online Sephora! 

Mysubscriptionaddiction just posted more spoilers! Nothing box specific but they posted what will be in some of the boxes---there is some really interesting looking skincare items---there was nothing that I would not enjoy trying --a vast improvement over last month in my opinion. 

Does anyone know any spoilers for box # 306?  TIA Smiley Happy

I'm so sad....my box was missing the Sunday Riley product, which is the one I was most looking forward to Smiley Sad  I sent an email to CS...are they usually able to sent you a replacement?  I'm worried they'll just give me points instead :/

EDIT:  Less than an hour after sending my email I got a shipping confirmation sending me a replacement sample Smiley Happy  Yay!  Thanks for the awesome customer service!

Hi!

Had good fortune trading from PLAY in the past, so this has help with the 'not for me' factor!

Getting Box 306

Trading
MILK Makeup Blur Stick
Tata Harper Resurfacing Face Mask
GRANDE Lips

ISO
Sunday Riley Clay Cleanser
RAHUA Hair Mask
Belif Essence

I like this box..I got 272.  Belif is something I really like as a brand so far, the hair mask is always welcome, and my daughter snagged the highlighter pencil immediately.  The Tocca perfume is okay- Ill use it eventually.  i also always want to try new cleansing oils, so the Tata Harper was a win.  The only thing Im not thrilled by is the Nudestix color I got, a dark brown.  I even  thought the bag was cute and Ill find something for it...

I got my box yesterday and my highlighter stick is totally unusable :-(. The whole product came out of the tub is is squished/melted into the cap. I don't even think I could get it out to shove into the tube-----deciding whether or not I should contact them i've never received anything broken before but reading people's comments it seems like a lot of people experienced the same problem. 

It's late but here is my Play! Experience.

I went to the one in NYC (86th and Lexington). I got there late because of traffic issues. I wasn't the only late comer and in the end there were about 12 of us.The beauty consultants usually start with an ice breaker ( this months question was to tell one quirky thing about yourself). They then displayed the items that were in the boxes and told us how to use each one, giving us little tips and tricks about how to use them. What I found interesting was that they freely admitted when they hadn't tried a product yet instead of bluffing their way through an 'oh it's the best thing since sliced bread' description. We were able to ask questions and were given samples of things we wanted to try.

Each of us got a bag so I assumed that they went by the number of RSVP's. They actually had to go in the back and get more bags for some of us latecomers so I don't know how many bags that Sephora actually received. In the bag were the following samples

Caviar Anti-Aging Infinite Color Hold TopCoat                         Shine Spray .85 fl.oz

Becca First Light Priming Filter  0.2 fl.oz

GlamGlow Youth Mud .5 oz

Drunk Elephant Lao Retro Whipped Cream .5 fl oz

I do want to commend Jeannette ( the coordinator of these events at Sephora 86th and Lexington) and her staff. At each of the Play! events that I have attended, they have been very professional and upbeat, willing to answer questions and make samples, and doing everything to make sure that our experiences are enjoyable and educational. Kudos to you, Jeannette- you are a superstar in my book! 

This is definitely the strangest and least favorite for me yet .  That hot pink/ magenta is just ...no. 

I know different people get different things in their playbox.  An I missing on where to review items I receive to get a little more specific.

I cancelled my play box, I felt like things were just not what I was going to use I still have a couple older play boxes waiting to be used of gifted. 

So I received my Play box today (#075) and I am actually really happy with it!  It has actually been possibly my favorite box that I've received so far.

I received the KVD in lovesick (the shade I wanted) and I'm happy with the color and will wear it.

I love the scent of the setting mist and I love that it has SPF in it.  It'll go in my travel bag and I'm happy with it.

I did receive the POREfessional primer and while I don't love this item I will use it and it's functional for me.

I am thrilled with the hair care samples that I received!

I have not yet tried the Madam CJ Walker Curl Whip or the DevaCurl super cream and am excited to have both to try now.  I am super impressed with the sizes of both of these samples.  I'm also really happy that Sephora listened to my play profile and sent me items for curly hair instead of just dry shampoo or something lol.

I was pretty disappointed in the Rahua hair mask I received a month or two ago, not because I didn't like the product, but because I have extremely thick massive coarse curly hair and I need a lot of product.  I'm glad that's not an issue for me this month.

I really like the Bright Crystal scent although it isn't my favorite, I will wear it and I am happy to have it. Smiley Happy

MSA Spoilers for the Iconic Bag 

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 5.53.29 PM.png

Looks good! My only complaint is that the original play is supposed to be non exclusive - it'd be nice if they included from these brands occasionally too, which I never see.

RE: Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Whoa. How do we get this one?

RE: Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

It was a Rouge only one-time box that came out at the end of June