Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I have a question: it's probably a dumb question so I apologize in advance. 

The card that that comes in our boxes, the one for 50 points. Do you have to buy something that came in our box this month or can we purchase something else?

also, my JM balm is dried and crackedπŸ˜“

You can purchase anything you want @StephaniLynn! It does not have to be any of the products that we get for that month Smiley Happy 

If anyone wants to trade their urban decay Big Bang mini, please message me Smiley Happy I'm uber interested in having one. Thanks! 

Messaging you now =)

Is anyone else scheduled to get box 609? I haven't seen anyone with that number yet.

I have box 609 and it's been shipped although sephora didn't provide a tracking. I see I have a incoming package from Sephora via USPS.

Each box will include Trestique

00000.JPGaccording to MSA!

I'm getting trestique in my ipsy too lol 

I know Play boxes get sent based on the little surveys we fill out, but I wish they'd allow us to customize them just a wee bit more - like noting allergies or being able to opt out of certain types of products.

For example, I've been considering opting out of the subscription because I haven't been in total love with my last few boxes...BUT if I knew I could opt out of getting perfume samples every month (I have 2 scents that work on me, most others make me sneeze or don't agree with me so it's a wasted sample every month) I may stick around longer.

I'd love to be able to opt out of getting black eyeliner. I rarely use black liner and already have too many of them.

I know I posted my disappointment in my PLAY box this month along with the broken @Trestique stick.

I have been wanting this MAC (true) green eyeliner for-ever in Landscape Green!!!! 

Showed up at Saks for $10 on Sale.  They had some pretty good GWPs picks.

Look what arrived as my 5 free samples!  LM shadow stick in Moonlight.  Gorgeous!  Plus, some other things I wanted to sample.  (mainly the fragrances since I love rose/lavender scents).

(point of story)  Got a shadow stick after all! ;')

the universe is.....grrrrrreat!saks1.jpg

saks.jpg

OMG I want that green eyeliner ASAP

a few months ago, I signed up for birchbox, sephora okay, and ipsy. I wanted to see for myself which was better, and I figured I cut one or two of them. it was clear the entire time that I was going to cut birchbox....3 months and I didn't like one thing....and they don't even give cute bags! sephora play hung in there for a little, since i liked their drawstring bags and their play pass, but this month just made it clear that sephora play is not very good. it's a bad sign when I'm using less than $10 of a subscription box. sephora has so many good brands and products at their disposal...but they can't even curate a good box. plus I expected there to be more makeup? sephora gets cut. but I'm gonna miss my play pass.

it's funny...i read so many bad reviews on ipsy....but they're the best $10 subscription box. plus, they're the only ones that actually listen to you and your survey. (did sephora play even have a survey?)

@xxsour there is a "play profile" you can fill out by going to my account. It for sure effects what you get since people with similar profiles get the same boxes but that clearly does not mean the boxes make any sense for your actual profile haha. 

I'm getting box #042. I actually would really prefer to get KDUB. It's so much more fun and exciting than Lovesick. I'll still wear lovesick, but I have 4098 other colors just like it.  If I could have my choice of items I'd go with:

Kat Von D KDUB

DDG Alpha Beta Glow Face Pad (b/c I already like it)

BB Don't Blow it (b/c I already like it)

Alien (b/c I like it, or Derek Lam to try it)

Toss up between maybe Ouai & Fab or possibly Briogeo.

The main problem is that I'm not really trying new things. A lot of the items have been easily or recently attainable promos/samples/whatevers.

@KMart919  If I get KDUB, I will gladly swap with you. Smiley Happy  I hope you get what you're wanting though.  Not to be nosy but is your username because you worked / work at K-Mart?  That was my very first job I ever had lol so I was just curious.

Did we post box #042 yet?

im pretty happy with it. I reluctantly looked because I always like to be surprised lol. The only kings im disappoints about is porefessional and the fragrance.

Screenshot_20170611-173422.png

I'm getting 42.. and have mixed emotions.

I strongly dislike IGK products.  They are overpriced, and don't work.  The last time I was at the beauty supply the girl was saying how they can't clear it from their shelves, even on clearance.  Even at 75% off retail price, pros aren't buying it.  

Perfume is a bust.  But scents are personal preference.  I wish there was an option in the quiz to state what type of fragrances each person prefer.  But I also have my own conspiracy theories about Big Perfume.

I absolutely detest FAB products, and this is not a product for acne sufferers.  Coconut causes breakouts.  'Nuff said.  

I'm not going to address Porefessional other than it's a lazy addition to the box.

The hair oil will be interesting.  I love the smell of roses but rose breaks me out.  I'll have to be careful how I apply it, but I'd like to make it work.  Maybe leg oil?  But with summer coming up and bees outside, I don't want to be swarmed by bees.

I'm happy for the KVD.  Bright colors are happily accepted, I think it'll pair nicely with the UD lipstick from a recent box.

I'll keep Play! through August, at least, because summer products are my fave, but I don't know how much longer I'm keeping it.  Boxes are way to disappointing to spend $10 (+tax) on deluxe samples I just give away unopened.

My play box # 67 Full Spoiler

19114772_10154817954008719_135709398_n.jpg

KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick

Verb Sea Spray

Klorane Dry Shampoo

Coola Makeup Setting Spray

Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional

Versace Bright Crystal

Yay I have this box and I'm happy with it. Not psyched about the porefessional + Coola (can't use the coola, have DS porefessional already) but I like the other items.

I was hoping for the Lovesick shade and I heard the Klorane is a good dry shampoo so I had been wanting to try both Smiley Happy 

Has Box #64 been posted?  I honestly am having a hard time following the posts linear method 0.JPG

Also, from MSA:

064.JPG

@angel7594 I think this is your version.  β€οΈ

1 Reply