Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Yeah, I find other uses for the Smashbox primer too because I have so much of it. The mini tubes make for an easy-to-carry mattifying balm without taking much room in a purse or bag and it reduces the need to cake on powder to reduce shine.

I'm happy that MSA posted the spoiler and I happened to check. Since I found out spoilers for the April box were posting I've been keeping an eye out for 591!

I got box 272.  The trestique highlighter "crayon tip" of product fell off when I took the cap off the very first time.  Squished it back on the tube/stick and put it in the fridge.  Nice color, but STOP with the sparkly highlighters!  Second item I opened was Nudestix Lip Crayon.  What woman over 40 wants a lip color described as Greystone/griege?  But I tried it...product so soft it made a mess all over my lips trying to put it on and yes, the color was pure UGLY.  Plus it sucked all the moisture out of my lips immediately and I had to immediately hunt for a lip balm to relieve the discomfort.  As I was trying to remove the product from my lips I accidently dropped it on it's tip next to the toilet.  That was the last straw...I realized EXACTLY what the color looked like as I wiped it off the bathroom floor...and threw away the stick.  

the tip of my trestique highlighter also was skewed Smiley Sad Also shoved it back in but I doubt I'll reach for it often knowing it's "delicate."

Does anybody like the nudestix color? I don't understand why they would pick out this color choice to introduce people to their line!? Seems like you would want to pick a more universally flattering color!

Highlighted

I might be in the minority but I'm excited about the color.  I agree that maybe they should have gone with a more universally flattering color but I'm so tired of red and pinky nudes.

Well you can't please everyone. I wonder if this would work as a lid color? 

I know I'm late to the party here, but I actually liked my may Play! box.

I got: Trestique, Nudestix, Sunday riley, Christophe Robin, grande lips & Maison Margiela.

Yes, my Trestique was broken, but I was able to squish it back in and it actually gives a very nice yet subtle highlight on me.

I know I'm in the large minority, but I'm feeling the lip pencil. I'll try to post a pic, but my phone is iffy.

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip, I'll try it, but I'm sure it'll be too harsh for my skin. I'm more dry and I have that in my profile. This says it's good for excess oil & minimizing pores. Usually two things I avoid in skin care cause they tend to be too harsh. Actually, I might just pass it on, but it's a good product to include.

christophe robin, I don't like this product. I've tried it and it's not for me. Again, it's a good value to include though.

grandelips will be fun to try.

Madison Margiela Sea to it- I like this scent. Much better than Dancing on the moon which i recently tried and hated. 

1. Spoiler

Don't mind the intense brows. I had them filled in at beautycon and I don't think the fuller brow look is for me. 
    Spoiler

Just realized I wore Alice in Wonderland shirts that whole weekend. Haha that was not intentional.

WOW! I love that lip pencil shade on you... but I can promise it did NOT look flattering on me hahaha Smiley Very Happy

Definitely a better lip color for you than me! My husband walked in the door after work and said, "What the #*!! have you got on your lips?! You look like a corpse." (And yes, that was before "Hello".)

hahaha, that's so funny because  I was having a really bad day the first time I wore the lip color. When I originally posted the pic to my snapchat, I captioned it something along the lines of  "When your lipstick makes you look as dead as you feel inside" or something overly dramatic like that .

I couldn't tell if someone already talked about this, so apologies if I'm repeating things....

I think based on the info in this thread https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Exclusive-PLAY-by-SEPHORA-July-Box-Spoiler/m-p/2802750#M... and given that box 49 got the Boscia, I think boxes 23 & 72 will get the Fresh Mask, 56 will get Ren, and 64 will get the PTR mask. 

I'm getting 49 and aside from the Atelier perfume, I think I am honestly really excited about this box. This might be the first time since it started in beta that I feel this way! I'm either interested in trying or already like each thing. And even the perfume, I like, I just wish they would send out a sample that they haven't already sent a thousand times with every Sephora order and that they haven't already sent to me in a Play box (May 2016).

I'm box 49 too and i'm really happy---after the fisasco last month this box really feels like it matches my profile and I will actually use everything in the box this month, either it's stuff i'm super excited to try or stuff I have and love and will like having the minis for traveling! 

Hey so I've been seeing a lot of people saying they're box 29 or 51 or 32 but how did you find that out? I'm a little confused

\

Edit: ooo the leave in spray!! I don't have that! this box is awesome!!!

I'm getting this box and I'm excited to try out the boscia. It's the only mask out of the list I haven't tried!! I'm also interested in the cooling stick. I already have a ton of samples of the conditioner and I think I have a sample of the mascara. And i'm always a fan of mini lippies Smiley Happy Happier with this box than last month's.

I hope you're right about box #23 cause that's my box and I really want to try that Fresh mask!

Box 23!

DSC_3509.JPG

The Tarte lippie is indeed "Set Sail"  which is so fortuitous since this was next on my list to try. I've got a couple of other colors in this formula, and it's quite lovely, nice and opaque and doesn't wear down funny (at least the colors I have).

I'm super happy with this box, I will use everything except the perfume (which I never use anyhow) so WIN! I'm already a fan of the Caudalie serum (got the full size) so a little travel sized one is a bonus.

That's great it is set sail! I have the full size of that and it is really pretty!

Super jealous of this box! I'm getting #049, but I definitely would have preferred #23! I love the tarte color splash lipsticks and would have loved to get a new color. Set Sail was actually on my list of new colors to pick up too. I'm not a fan of liquid lippies (including the bareminerals formula in box 049) and I've already received samples/GWP of everything in my box except for the Boscia. I wish that there was an option to deselect certain types of products like liquid lipsticks or salt sprays. It just breaks my heart when you get a sample of a product that you don't use to begin with - especially when other boxes are receiving alternative products. 

I'm getting #23 as well, and this is the first month that I've actually been really excited to get mine! I love the Tarte lippie formula and I don't have Set Sail. 

This is the box I got. Not impressed, as usual. I really...

This is the box I got. Not impressed, as usual. I really wish Rouge could pick their box after the first or 2nd teaser was released.

UPDATED: 28 Sept

Edited comment, because my box has arrived!!! Smiley Very Happy 

According to the tracking information it is still in nowhere land, but regardless of the tracking info it made it to my door. 

That's super bizarre.  I get a lot of stuff through Amazon and they do something similar with both UPS and Fedex.  Same with the packages I get from Julep.  Usually it's pretty reliable but when it's bad, it's bad.  I had a situation with Fedex & USPS where I was given completely different answers and no one wanted to be accountable.  Also had an issue recently where I tried UPS Access Point for the first time.  Never again.  Someone else's package from a completely different store with a completely different tracking # was in my box while my package was MIA.  They finally located it but then it got sent back to Sephora rather than to me even though it was 100% UPS's error and my address was 100% right.  And wouldn't you know it, it was a Bite LE lipstick.  Sigh.  I can relate to your frustration.  So much time wasted on hold and talking to different people.  Hang in there!

thanks!

Smiley Sad  I hope they find it for you, soon!

UPS has completely lost my packages a few times, including a rush Amazon order with goodie bag stuff for my daughter's b-day party last year.  We keep joking that it will turn up at our house when we least expect it.

1 Reply