Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Absolutely @michelleshops!  I hope you have the opportunity to attend a "Play Date" soon!

Whenever I receive the "Your Box has Shipped" notification I know that means your box is out for delivery, LOL.

Confirming the contents of box 280 and the "bag" this month is envelope style, I may actually use this

May Play.jpg

Edit: forgot second photo

May Play.jpg

@ElleElleG you got a great box!! i got the rahua mask too, which i'm so excited for! i was hoping for the nudestix, but no dice, so i'll be interested to see how everyone likes it!

Sorry @unfungirl I thought everyone was receiving the Nudestix this month, it may just be the Trestique product.  Some ladies received several Nudestix shades as gratis from sephora & several have left reviews of them if you're interested in their range of shades.

Oh no worries @ElleElleG!!  I'm not sure it would even work for me anyway, which is why I wanted to try a mini :-) 

i'm sure I'll come across one sometime soon!

I got my 280 box today too! I really like the bag, and I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the Skin Laundry. I also haven't tried this brand before, so I'm happy to get to experience a new product rather than something I already have 10 backups of.

I like it!!!! ;')

It feels odd to say it @wheeeee but this is the first time in a while that I've been satisfied with product selection.  I also don't know if I've ever seen a "bag" that I looked forward to using.

The boxes sometimes are not exciting.

May seems a little more interesting.  

What is that brown stick?  Eyeshadow????

@wheeeee Agreed I'd say I've had more misses with these boxes as a whole than hits, let's hope Sephora is FINALLY hearing our feedback & giving us things that aren't left overs 😉

The stick is a Nudestix lip crayon in Greystone, I believe everyone will receive this item

Lol ElleElleG.  That's so true, I get the email the same day I receive the box, if not after!

LOL!  I'll take it considering I used to get these notices but my box would take another week to arrive @michelleshops

I am not understanding the 'Best in Glow' theme. 

I hope next month they include a gift card instead of the 50 point card for Christmas!  

I need something else to spend my $10 on. I hated the last 3 boxes.  I have a lot of unused products or things I go ahead and try once even thought I knew I would not like them. 

Any suggestions.........?

Thank you @wheeeee I thought I was the only one confused by this theme/the timing.

A gift card would be AMAZING

Spoiler
but considering how much Sephora has taken out of the Rouge program I think I have a better chance of being hit by a car 😐

They have to be seeing all of this feedback.  I just wish companies would react to feedback a little quicker.  Those surveys on the Play! boxes were sent out months ago, I had hoped we would have experienced some changes by now.  

hahahahaha!  @ElleElleG

PLAY is not Rouge.  We are paying for these boxes!

It is not wise to start treating your side 'sample selling' business like the Rouge program.  hahahaha! 

@wheeeee I choked on my coffee at "your side sample selling business" 😂😂

I hope you're right though.  Not sure how much longer I can rationalize keeping the subscription if we keep receiving "meh" boxes.

Omg! hahahah! Sorry @ElleElleG

I am done!  I wanted to love this box and have stuck it out long enough. 

Next month will be my last.  

We are over, PLAY box!  lol

In 2017, I will spend my $120 on things I want.

Sorry, it didn't work out. 

I wish you could redeem the 50 points with online orders too. 

I wish they would as well. Closest store to me is 3 1/2 hours away. Don't get there very often so never get to redeem my points. Last few times I could when I was traveling, forgot to bring the card. 

true! 

After never redeeming my card, I was able to redeem 2-50 point cards in-store and one didn't even take and I forgot to call CS.  Such a hassle/waste. 

For next year, they should allow online redemption. 

Did you use both cards in one transaction? If so, that's why one didn't take. Only one works per transaction. On the back it says "If you redeem multiple passes in a sing transaction, you will only receive 50 bonus points". Which is kind of annoying.

10 Replies