Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Yeah, fingers crossed this next box isn't a t_rd like this last one Smiley Sad

also:

5-4-2017 3-42-26 PM.jpg

LOL COME ON. Even my grandma lets me say that word.

Smiley Very Happy hey, better than another word you could've used in its place.

@KatieKabam

yeah I agree!  I hope it's better although I didn't absolutely hate my box for April

that is crazy!  I say that word all the time and even my nephews do lol. 

Hahaha. That is amazing.

I can't see it yet either! Usually they give us a sneak peak sooner than this but I want to know haha 

Yes, none of my usual sites have any spoilers for the May box- I want to see the choices.

that's what I was thinking too @Kim888 and @Tarabotti

glad I'm not going crazy lol....hopefully they'll post something soon? or we will hear something from other sources....guess they're doing something different this month

Well, that is a wrap!  NARS Bound and me gonna never be together!  Please bring this to 100 point perk online.

If anyone wants to trade Tarte lipstick for NARS Bound lemme know.  

Sephora....please!  Enough of the GinZing!  We know it is a cheap filler item! 

*whispers into the void* I love the GinZing eye cream...

But I don't get the Play box anyway, I just stopped in to see the pictures. Smiley Happy

PM your address and I will mail GinZing to you!

I trade all the time here....so,  I am not a weirdo, btw!  ;')  

@LolliLove

If I do get bound I will put it aside for you.  Smiley Wink I got you girl!!  @wheeeee

I hope you get the Bound!  teee-heee! @jen143xo

@wheeeee If your friend doesn't get Bound I can trade with you.  I already own the full size.  PM me if you are interested.

This is so sweet!  @mishanyc

@mishanyc  if you end up not trading your bound, i'd love to trade something for it! i've been after it forever Smiley Happy

(warning: rant)

I am incredibly disappointed in Sephora with this box. A truly epic fail in terms of trying to incorporate skin tone into the mix. I don't mind most of the other samples in my box (468), though I do question whether the FRXXION stick is really appropriate for dry skin, but they are all (except Black Honey, which I use at work) things that I haven't seen before as freebies/DSes, so points for that.

The big problem is this: Everything is for medium skin. Everything.

There is one box with no tinted base at all (Dermablend setting powder instead), but everything else is medium. The Amore Pacific is medium shades, the Boscia BB cream was definitely too dark for my fair/light skin when I tried it, and the IT Cosmetics is straight up called "medium!!" (Edit: The Boscia and the AP might be fairly characterized as light/medium... but that doesn't extend the shade range a heck of a lot. My point stands. Darker-than-medium ladies especially are being short-changed here, boo.)

Sephora, FFS, if you're going to do a box to highlight different skintones and the use of that profile customization feature, PROVIDE SAMPLES FOR DIFFERENT SKINTONES. There is NOTHING here for either darker-skinned ladies or us paler folk. I'm guessing people with darker skin are more likely to also have combo/oily skin and are therefore getting the Dermablend box (435), but for anyone with non-medium drier skin there is literally no option that actually fits. Wow.

I gotta say, I have had some better boxes and some worse ones throughout Play, but that's inevitable with any box - this is the first one that has made me think seriously about cancelling. Not because I hate all the samples (only one dud in a box of 5ish is pretty good, overall), but because Sephora's approach here is so incompetent it makes me honestly wonder about what shenanigans they'll get up to in future.

Ugh. /rant

a much needed rant!

and you guessed correctly deeper skin tone + combo/oily skin = 435 🙄

I have to wonder if they are even looking at the feedback for the Play! subscription.  They shouldn't advertise it as semi-customizable if they aren't willing to do the work to ensure customers receive products that fit their skin cancerns & tone. 

@ElleElleG I'm getting 435. I have porcelain skin, normal/dry skin.... so I'm not sure that is what box 435 is?

@jen81 I may have misread @JazaChai's post but I am agreeing that the Play box (at this point) isn't as customizable a subscription as they tend to project.

The bottom of the emails I receive mention completing the Play! profile so they can "get to know" me (which I filled out ages ago).  Yet the boxes I receive don't indicate they're getting to know me at all.  If anything I find myself wondering how I managed to get one box over another when I tend to have different profile responses to other customers who received the same items.

@ElleElleG I agree it's just bizarre how we can't find the common thing that makes everyone get one box over the other. It just seems somewhat random and not customizable at all. 

I agree not matched to skin tones, at all. I'm getting 435 and I am porcelain skin toned so not sure that skin tone is the parameters for box 435.