Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

It is the last 3 digits of your item number---click your order number and then look at the item number in this description. 

Thank you, it says 272 ?

I hate my box. #280. I was really loving Play, but my last box sucked and this one does too. This month and last I got highlighters and face wash. I think I've gotten highlighters the last 4 months in a row, no lie!  If next month's isn't better I'm gonna cancel.

That Nudestix pencil--ugh. Flaked right off all over my teeth, felt gummy and gross. Pretty color but nasty application, had to clean it off.

Wanted the Beachwalk, got stanky Stella. Peeeew, smells like old lady perfume (I'm old so I can say that, lol).

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but after last month's lousy box was hoping for better! Smiley Sad

I agree with you on the Nudestix Magnetic lip pencil.  It covered well but it felt like putty on my lips so I had to rub it off within a few minutes of putting it on. 

If you want Beachwalk, you can have mine.  I don't wear perfume due to allergies so it's just wasted on me.

Um, I really like Stella. It's actually one of my favorite fragrances. But I am old so I guess it makes sense. 

Finally revealed! 😁 box 306

Thx MSS

I'm liking the change in pouch this month. I love repurposing any of of the Play baggies.

The Tata Harper mask is probably the only thing I'll use. My cousin (who I always split the box with) will probably take the Rahua as she's always on the hunt for hair masks to try. I've got plenty of highlighters so maybe she'll take the TreStique, but she's also pretty relaxed when it comes to makeup and she's got the Benefit Watts Up highlighter from an older box that she's still using, so I'm not sure if she'll take another highlighting stick. I'm not exactly jumping for joy to try the Milk Blur Stick, so maybe that'll get set aside in my sample pile and given to someone at some point. Same goes with the Clean fragrance, normally I gift all fragrance samplers to one friend but I just got her the Clean Reserve gift set for her birthday so she's in no shortage of this scent so into the generic holding pile.

Thank You!! @ZombieMetroAnt

I am so happy to see spoilers for 306 finally here!!  I thought I was going to get my box earlier this week, but now it's saying it'll be delivered today.

I'm actually really excited about the Milk Makeup blur stick and was hoping my box would have that, mostly because I've really wanted to try that brand out for a while now and just haven't yet.

I have so many highlighters lol.....that being said I love the travel size ones so I'll use the trestique in my makeup bag at work. 

I'm also really really really excited about the Rahua hair mask and the Tata Harper resurfacing mask. 

I would've liked the Sunday Riley in my box, but I'm still really happy with what I got.  Clean Reserve looks like something that I would like / wear.

The only thing I'm not totally thrilled with is the GrandeLips....I'm not a huge fan of lip plumpers and rarely ever use them.  I would've preferred the nudestix that I think most of the others got. 

All in all, I really have to say that I think Sephora Play definitely upped their game with the boxes this month.  It seems like for the most part they included different things / brands than they usually do and from higher end brands as well in my opinion.  I'm very pleased with my box this month! Smiley Happy

Im thinking they took a hit with subscription cancellations seeing they are now offering the May Play Box as a 500 point perk. NO WAY is that box worth 500 points! 250 would be reasonable but not 500. Sephora really need to step up their game with the Play Boxes!

I wouldn't use 500 points on it...but it is 6 deluxe samples. so its pretty on par with the other 500 point perks i think. 

@grizzlymaze

maybe it's just me and maybe I'm just petty lol, but I feel like they shouldn't offer the Sephora play boxes as point rewards.  I feel like in a way it cheapens the whole play experience.  I understand it's lost money for them, but they could atleast take the samples out of the box and do individual point rewards so it's less obvious.

I think Sephora got very strict with leaks about spoliers. There are not many spoilers until now. Usually boxes get shipped by now. I wonder if this is going to be the case every month? It became an obsession to check for spoilers every day from the first week but then may be it is good that it doesn't take away surprise when we receive it  (that is if we are happy about the box we received Smiley Happy )

I am surprised that the only box we've seen so far is 49. I wonder if they sent them out in waves of each box to keep the interest up?

I think they are sending them in waves. 

Highlighted

I am loving this first box. It seems like everyone got the same box, but I wonder if that is going to be the norm of if it is just in the beta program.

The way they have marketed to date leads me to believe that we're all going to be receiving a set box.  Not to mention the way the booklet is printed (if they continue with that) it's hard to imagine them coming up with them for as many combinations as Birchbox has, a single printed card seems easier.

I really hope they reconsider that in the future, especially for skin care I prefer getting things more geared towards my individual needs, not that Birchbox is always dead on but it is close-ish. 

I agree. This looks super exciting, but I will be less excited over time if all the boxes are the same. Even when I dislike Birchbox items, I understand based on my profile why I received them. It took me a while to understand why I kept getting curly hair treatments until someone explained it was that I selected my hair is frizzy (it is), but it is only curly on the underside and wavy on top. That makes pulling off curly hair products difficult. My hair has a hard time looking curly.

Mine isn't coming till Friday...Friday will be September 26th.  I'm super bummed to have to pay on the 9th & then have to wait 2 and a half  weeks. 

Is this going to be the norm? Smiley Sad 

Maeghan, that's how the majority of sub boxes work. I pay for my box (Birchbox, Boxycharm, Ipsy) somewhere between the 1st and 5th of the month and then get the box anywhere from the 15th to the 27th of the month. This is just the way that subscription boxes work. Smiley Happy

FYI  - my tracking put my delivery date as Thursday but it arrived today. Fingers crossed that yours arrives early.

Me too! Smiley Sad 

The one thing I did notice that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that the fragrance sample in this month's box is not what I consider a deluxe sample at all. It looks like just a regular sample that one gets from every online order. This feels like a bit of a rip-off since the service does promise 6 deluxe samples.

5 deluxe samples plus 1 fragrance. Smiley Happy

Definitely didn't see this note. I guess I can't complain for bonus perfume samples if it's a bonus!

3 Replies