Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I'll share what I receive the second I get it assuming there's no other images posted here of a box that contained items identical to what's in my box. Because then there's no point, is there? Smiley Happy

got my tracking number just now i m so excited Smiley Happy

I can't wait to read some of you guys' reviews! Exciting Smiley Very Happy

image.jpg

My box was scheduled for thur but showed up

today! What a pleasant surprise! 

I got my box Monday (Houston) and i'm loving it! The Marc Jacobs highliner and bumble and bumble primer I've already been using but they are my HGs so I'm ecstatic to have mini sizes for on the go. I've enjoyed all the other samples a lot and glad I finally have smelled white nirvana.

I've seen some people complain about how the samples we got have also been point perks or GWP. I however don't mind this at all! I sometimes see 100/250/500 point perks I want badly but can't bring myself to redeem them. I'm a points hoarder because I wait out for the epic rewards each year. This box gives me a good choice of point perks for the price of $10 where I could pay $400-500 in points to redeem the same things. GWP I don't mind much either because they also have a minimum pay out and this way I can get them for nothing without the buyer's remorse.

This box is economical and gets me to try out products I might never think about that are waiting for me at my local sephora if I ever fall in love with them. I'm super happy and hope this only means good things for the future boxes coming my way!

11954807_10207858165757708_7422898743077350115_n.jpgLiterally running to my local sephora as soon as I put my face on.... <3!

My delivery confirmation says my box was delivered today, but it wasn't at my door (though other packages were). I'm so disappointed, and Sephora's help page says to wait 3 days before contacting them. I'm too impatient for that!

I got my box at the beginning of the week and I am super excited. 

As a total Sephora addict, I already have all of these products (in fact, I believe the Peony Lip Stain came in the recent Rouge event bag?), but am super excited anyway! 

I think the quality of this month's Play box far surpasses the quality of products in my other subs (Marc Jacobs?  Yes, please!), so I am quite happy!

I also noticed that the MJ Highliners are totally out of stock on the site now!  Guess the Play strategy worked well!  I am glad I snagged the LE set a few weeks ago!  Smiley Happy

IMG_1013.JPG

I'm super impressed with the box. I'm not in their test areas so I was excited when I got invited. I love that's it's common brands, not the random brands ipsy usually finds. 

Hi ladies! Glad you are all enjoying your PLAY! boxes.

For all of you who have received a box, don't forget to RSVP for an upcoming PLAY! date in Houston, Boston, Dallas and Cincinnati on Thursday, October 8th. PLAY! dates give you the chance to hang out with fellow subscribers and Sephora's beauty experts to share tips and tricks for getting the most out of your PLAY! box.

Visit this link for more information to and RSVP: http://playbysephora-september2015.splashthat.com/

We're excited to meet you!

play date.jpg

I guess I'm the only person not impressed. Yes, I got a nice size of each product but I feel like I could try these products before paying $10. But you get no benefits compared to some other beauty subscription boxes. I'm not in to hanging out to with random people so the events aren't for me.

I use Glossybox and love it. I just started using PLAY! and i'm not impressed. I agree with a reviewer below, I could just try these in store and not pay $10 for it. Plus I have no use for the "play" cards. I'm a professional makeup artist, I don't need a lesson on any of the products. I was hoping this would add to my favorite products for clients but so far, no dice. I'm also extremely disappointed with the customer service on this. The service has been very UN-Sephora like. My first box came two weeks later than expected and they had already announced what was in my box before I got it (kind of ruins the surprise unlike Glossybox who will hold off on sending you emails about your box until it's delivered). I had to write to ask what happened to my box and found that they had mis-represented when they sent the box so the tracking dates were off. They didn't answer my questions, they just refunded me with no message or reply back. This month's box showed it should have arrived last week but according to the local post office it wasn't shipped when Sephora said they shipped it therefore their expected delivery date was wrong. Plus I've already seen the reviews and breakdown of what's in it and I'm not excited and I'm again upset that they couldn't wait for EVERYONE to get their boxes before spilling the beans about what's in it. Sephora needs to take a cue from Glossybox and up their game on these. I'm going to give them a few more months to get this right but i'm not hopeful it will happen.

I'm very disappointed in my boxes thus far.  It's mostly face washes and moisturizers/creams, as well as fragrances - nothing to get excited about.  I was really hoping for more make up items (i.e. lipsticks/glosses, eye liners, shadows, etc.)... things that you could actually PLAY with!  I'll give it one more month, but I'm guessing I will end my subscription in November.  Smiley Sad 

I'm very happy with Play. I like that they aren't only sending makeup since that isn't the only thing they sell. So far all the items except Glamglow (can't stand that stuff) were items I had not tried before. Also, as promised we have received 5 deluxe samples and 1 perfume sample. I would not want to try some of these things in the store, especially things for my face considering they have found the testers full of bacteria and other gross stuff. I just wish we could redeem our passes online for the 50 points. I don't always have time to go to the store. I don't expect things to be perfect since this is the testing phase and I hope they have all the kinks worked out before going national. I'm looking forward to the next box.

I really enjoyed this month! I guess the only thing I could say to improve was related to the lip liner/lipstick pairing. I would've preferred if they matched, or if the lip liner was clear, but thats more constructive feedback than a complaint. 😊

I loved the Orange Sanguine fragrance so much, I bought the travel spray duo. Much to my delight, there's also a 100pt perk for a deluxe sample size as well, so I redeemed for that. In the heat of Florida, I have to be very selective about my summer fragrances (that they're not too heavy or warm), and this is just perfect!

Just received an email saying there are open spots available for those that are interested.

July will be my first box/bag.  I hope it doesn't have 2 bronzers and if so doubtful I will continue. I hate bronzers. 

sigh ,, I am on the phone with Rouge concierge line and they say they cannot assist me with Play! since it's invitation only . 

My Play ! box shipped and now I can see what is in it .

Yep , after calling Sephora twice to get it straightened out they have sent me the one for dry skin . 

I was so excited about the July box until I learned that some of us were going to get a special box that goes directly against our skin care needs . 

#notfeelingtheloveSephora

1,469 Replies