Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Play Box #061

Tarte foundcealer Laneige lip mask Herbivore face mist Farmacy cleansing balm Sephora all day hydrator Klorane mint shampoo and conditioner(this is what they consider the bonus)

Play Box #061

i recieved this as well. its box D.

Thats the box I got.

Thats the box I got.

this is my favorite play box by far! I 💕

this is my favorite play box by far! I 💕

Re: Play Box #061

I also received box 61 this month and I'm very unhappy with two of the five regular items and less than pleased with another.  

The Tarte foundation says its matched to my profile - which it is not.  Foundation samples I receive from PLAY always have yellow undertones and I have been color matched at two different Sephoras and have an active profile on my account.  I have pink undertones, but depending on the brand I sometimes can wear a neutral.  I think the Sephora PLAY profile should allow users to select an undertone as well, if the samples don't match it - don't send it out.

I have received the Laneige berry lip sleeping mask at least twice and I hate it.  I did purchase the holiday gift set to try the other variations and I loved all of them.  I was so glad when the vanilla was released as a regular product.  My daughter also hates the berry version so this will not be used in this household either.  

It would be really nice if Sephora allowed subscribers to give feedback on brands and products they receive within PLAY.  I don't feel leaving a review is of the same value and if you don't actually try the product, it doesn't meet the guidelines Sephora has for leaving reviews.

Sephora once again sent another of their new skincare items in the box, I think this might be the third month in a row.  Please give it a break, offer it as the PLAY bonus item or do a special one-time box with the new Sephora skincare items.

I was happy to get a break on perfume samples, 80% of the time I hate the ones sent to me.  I prefer choosing perfume samples that appeal to me when I place orders.  Most of the brands I prefer are never offered in the PLAY boxes - Atelier, AERIN, Jo Malone, Berdoues, Versace.

I have subscribed to 6 subscription boxes at varying times over the past 2 1/2 years and as of now this one is not in my top 3 favorites for value and usability.  My top favorites offer/ed more customization in profiles and preferences.  This is the 18th Sephora PLAY I have received, and I believe it will be my last.  I will save my money and purchase boxes when they offer the extra ones a few times a year.  To be honest, I won't be surprised if PLAY goes away.  They've already discontinued PLAY Smarts (a favorite of mine) and PLAY Lux appears to only be available in very limited quantities with certain customers getting advanced knowledge of the exact time of release.  I have never been able to purchase a PLAY Lux before they sold out and during the last release there were many negative reviews left (before being removed later) about the difficulty of purchasing one on the day it was released.

In recent months, I have speculated that part of the reason the Sephora PLAY quality has declined is that Sephora may be having a difficult time trying to keep up the quality for $10/month. I think that if this is the case, keeping the price down has been a huge mistake based on how many extra boxes have been available online for the past 3 weeks, as well as Sephora recently using extra boxes as a $50 purchase promo gift or a 500 point item on the Reward Bazaar.  Perhaps a quarterly box for $25 with higher quality offerings should be considered as a potential replacement for the current PLAY program that appears to on the decline.

As a final note, Sephora get rid of the awful zip lock plastic bags.  They serve no purpose to the subscription and if they are being used to protect the shipping box from leakage, save money purchasing customized ones and just use your plain plastic bags used in order shipments. 

RE: Play Box #061

I’m receiving this box and personally I think it’s really good and I’m very excited.

Re: RE: Play Box #061

@Ray12323,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your PLAY box! I will be sure to share this with the appropriate department within our company.

❤️ Melissa
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing