Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Just wanted to make sure that you all were aware that Sephora is now not allowing you to use your PLAY! pass with any other promo codes. I have always been able to use them both at the same time, but not this month!

I spent the qualifying amount to get the IT Cosmetics CC cream sample and had it in my bag, but then when I put my PLAY! pass in, it knocked the CC Cream out of the bag. I didn’t realize this until after my purchase was confirmed. I would have much rather received the sample rather than only 50 points...who wouldn’t? When I wrote customer service about this, they really didn’t care, and told me that I would have to make a second purchase if I wanted that promo code. I wrote back, and they just cut/pasted the exact same response to me instead of actually personalizing a new response. 

At that point, I told them just to cancel my PLAY! subscription since I was basically getting penalized for using the pass. They had no problem cancelling the subscription and I guess that they’d rather lose business than let me use the promo.

Seriously, why even give out a PLAY! pass, when you don’t benefit from it?

Listen, just so you all know, Macy’s has beauty sales 15% off ALL THE TIME, when Sephora only offers discounts 2x a year during the VIB sales. 

I just cashed in on all of my points and now I’m going back to buying my products from Macy’s.

Do yourself a favor, and don’t try to get any consideration from customer service...they just give canned answers without even trying to help.

Re: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Does this also apply to using a play pass with the summer bonus? I'm trying to use both, but I'm having no luck. 

RE: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Macy’s cost more . They should have where at times you can have two codes.It’s annoying.

PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

maybe you should try the Macy's monthly box. You will also get a coupon worth $5 or $10 off purchases. I just signed up

Re: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Hi @michellesmith,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. It looks like clients should still be able to combine a Beauty Offer with the Play! Pass. I will send you a private message to help shortly.

Warm regards,

Laurie 

RE: Re: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

I have also been unable to combine a beauty offer and play pass to the point where I am considering cancelling my play box. Not to mention the fact that June’s box was not correct and July’s box smelled like the perfume everywhere to the point where I’m getting tired of having to clean everything with hydrogen peroxide. If you can fix this issue I may consider staying.

Re: RE: Re: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Hi @bethany011 ,

I am sorry for the trouble and I will send you a private message to help shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie

RE: Re: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Wait! we CAN combine them? I’ve had the same experience in the past and stopped using the Play pass cuz it wasn’t worth it. I even cancelled Play but Sunday Riley drew me back.. see how this month pans out. BuT! If what you say IS true; then that would be another + to sticking with Play. I’d like to know how to combine them as well.

Re: RE: Re: PLAY! Pass...you cannot use it now with other promo codes...what a bummer

Hi @violetsvibe ,

Yes, clients are able to redeem their Play! Pass and a gift with purchase in a qualifying order. You should be able to add both promo codes to a qualifying order at checkout. If you're having trouble, please feel free to send me a private message with details and I'll be happy to take a look further. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing