cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! LUXE Vol. 2 is almost here

2018-xx-xx-play-luxe-vol-2-app-inbox-teaser_new.gif

Get your fancy fix with the latest limited-edition PLAY! LUXE box—worth $83—launching exclusively on the Sephora app on September 21 for 24 hours only. It contains six trial-size luxury samples from brands like Givenchy, TOM FORD, and Tatcha.

Which luxury brands have you been dying to try?

So, mine came in today and I have to say that I actually do enjoy this luxe bag. I could really do without the Tatcha product, however everything else seems great. I'm very pleased that we got skin care, makeup and hair care. I do think this Luxe is worth it including a bag.

Re: PLAY! LUXE Vol. 2 is almost here

I love LUXE boxes and just got mine today.  Wow was it a terrible box.  Most of all I wanted the silver puffer bag... the bag is actually a dark pipe grey, not bright and silver like in the pictures.  They must have used a lot of lights or the bag they used for promotion is a different fabric than what was sent out.  Really disappointed.

The contents were not luxe at all. Repeats that have been 100pts in the rewards or promo samples.  The lip tint was nice, but so small it's fragile and practically unusable since it will break very easily.  There was a hair care product that I've gotten in non luxe Ipsy bags... same size!  Overall this would make a nice $10 playbox and nothing about it is very luxe. If you're a seasoned Sephora shopper, most of these items you've already gotten in some promo code or pts in the rewards area. 

I love subscription boxes but this is not worth $25.  Save your money.  This was a total dud.  Even the bag is not what they made it look like.

I took a pic of the lipstick next to the kind of sample sizes we get for perfumes all the time to show just how small the lipstick tint is.This is lip tint next to a tiny perfume sample you get from stores.This is lip tint next to a tiny perfume sample you get from stores.Note how grey the bag is and how small the lip tint, perfume, and how the hair product is not luxe.Note how grey the bag is and how small the lip tint, perfume, and how the hair product is not luxe.

RE: Re: PLAY! LUXE Vol. 2 is almost here

Agreed. My first luxe box and I’m a bit disappointed as I’ve already tried many of these as free samples. I do like the bag and am happy for another tatcha water cream, but I already own this. Was hoping the Givenchy lipstick actually was a color to try. At least I can get 50 bonus points.

Really happy with this Luxe vol. 2 bag! I got vol. 1 as well and liked it too--but the SK-II and La Mer samples in that one were pretty teeny. This one has decent sample sizes: 5mL of Tatcha water cream, 10 mL of the Tata Harper serum, and a whole 1.7 fl oz of the Cristophe Robin mask. Really nice brands too--I'm pleased with the selection and I'm excited to try them all. I also prefer the bag this time around, which seems more practical than the wrap around bag from vol. 1 (that one also had a weird smell, I thought). Anyway, nice job on this one Sephora, and looking forward to Vol. 3! 🙂

RE: I hated the wrap around with Vol 1. Seemed like a waste.

I totally thought it was a waste but my husband suggested that I keep it (as opposed to giving it away to goodwill) and use it for my makeup brushes for when I travel. Just got back from my brothers wedding and I have to say that bag from the vol.1 worked PERFECTLY as a makeup brush bag

RE: I hated the wrap around with Vol 1. Seemed like a waste.

agreed!

I like everything, and I'm in love with Givenchy rouge 😍 it gives the lips a nice color.

Anonymous Insider

does anyone else that ordered on Friday have an order number that still says in progress and no tracking number or shipment date?

I always order the additional play boxes. With the hopes of trying something new. Not mad at this box because even though I have some of the products that just means I just don't have to purchase them. That's the will I look at it. My only problem I have with the LUXE is I am supposed to be getting high end products to try in sample size to see if I want to buy the bigger size and that's not the case. I just recieved the Tom Ford and tatcha in my previous box. Sephora take a look at your first LUXE offer it was awesome. looking forward to see what's next.

so glad I didn't cave, I already have almost all but 1 of those products

Mine just arrived! Some of you definitely guessed right on the products.

Your bag looks nicer than my dark grey bag.  I think I must have gotten a reject bag.  Really disappointed with this bag.  Nothing about this is Luxe.

RE: PLAY! LUXE Vol. 2 is almost here

Thanks @bookwyrmm for the pic. I’m waiting on my box. Can’t wait to use my tatcha Harper in the box

Thank you! That’s so helpful! What shade is the Givenchy lipstick?

@VickyRY It is 16 Noir Revelateur

@VickyRY It is 16 Noir Revelateur

Is this working only in US ?

I was so excited about this...until I saw the spoilers. I loved the first Luxe box; it gave me samples of brands that are very expensive to try, especially since some of the expensive luxury brands don’t have minis, so I was overjoyed to be able to try them out. I use the L’Or primer, Dior mascara and LaMer eye cream all the time, and theSK-II cream is a backup for when I finish my current jar. I regifted the red lipstick and don’t care for the fragrance...but that’s ok because someone else will love them. All in all I was very happy. But this Vol 2, the first thing I notice are the Tatcha Water Cream and Hourglass mascara in the pic. I was kind of disappointed because I have them both from recent promos, but I figured that there’s still other products to be revealed...and hey, Tom Ford fragrance...love that. However, when they released the full brand spoilers...I noticed something. Most, if not all, are brands from recent promos and rewards, many of whichI’vereceived. I may be wrong on some, and if I am I’ll be happy to say I was and retract, but some others and I were hoping this wouldn’t be the case. I went back through and looked through old promosI had screenshots of, and am curious to see if this Luxe box is going to befilled with these exact items. If they are, not only is itdisappointingthat Sephora would take leftovers laying around and callit a speciality Luxe box...it’s worse because items like the Water Cream and theHourglass mascara, not only were they recent promos...I could gobuy the mini of each. That kind of defeats the whole purpose...don’t you think?The magic of these Luxe boxes is supposed to be so we could try products we might not have before, whether it be because of cost or accessibility...not to throw leftovers our way. A disclaimer: I did purchase this. Why, you might ask after all this commentary? Because I don’t necessarily think this will be a bad box...just underwhelming. There are things I know I’ll use, and I would have to pay a lot more then 25$ for all of them. I know I love Tatcha’s Water Cream, andwhatever it is from Tata Harper I’ll love that too, and I’m very excited about the TF fragrance. I also suffer severely from FOMO, and Sephora knows that about most of us, don’t they? So...a little experiment: here are some promos and rewards from the past few months that contain items from the brands listed for this Luxe box (I didn’t post the Tatcha one because we know that was just a promo and also in the Play! Smarts 40’sbox). I’m curious to see if any of these items end up in this box. We’ll see!5EA5602A-7160-4BC0-B461-72191946A682.jpeg

79E06F9C-86AE-4790-A31B-89CD50885FF7.jpeg

0842BC36-8067-47EC-8E82-4157F5D4DD16.jpeg

8F6512BC-81D7-4AD2-BDEB-CBAFCE1B556A.jpeg

The lipstick is totally different than this one, and the...

The lipstick is totally different than this one, and the Christophe Robin is not the salt scrub (which actually bummed me just a little because my hair loves that stuff). Right on the rest, though.

Re: The lipstick is totally different than this one, and the...

Yes, I just saw a spoiler! So excited my guess was wrong about the lipstick! I can’t wait til mine gets here to check it out 😊

Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • 2018-xx-xx-play-luxe-vol-2-app-inbox-teaser_new.gif
  • 79E06F9C-86AE-4790-A31B-89CD50885FF7.jpeg
  • 0842BC36-8067-47EC-8E82-4157F5D4DD16.jpeg
  • 8F6512BC-81D7-4AD2-BDEB-CBAFCE1B556A.jpeg
  • 5EA5602A-7160-4BC0-B461-72191946A682.jpeg
  • This is lip tint next to a tiny perfume sample you get from stores.
  • Note how grey the bag is and how small the lip tint, perfume, and how the hair product is not luxe.
testing