Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

OCT18_TEASER_COMMUNITY[1].jpg#

Still trying to decide what to dress up as for Halloween? Your October box might be able to help with that, but we don’t want to give too much away right now. Let’s just say it’s filled with some spellbinding beauty.

Your box will arrive the third week of October, but here’s a little spoiler to help you make it through until then:

In your October box you may receive one of these products: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum or Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.

What product do you hope you’ll get this month?

CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Radiance SerumURBAN DECAY - All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

RE: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

I’m really loving this month’s box! I have to say it’s the best box I’ve gotten so far. Well done curating it. Personally, I’m partial towards skincare, but it’s a great mix between makeup and quality skincare (any time you throw a serum). I love every product in the October box: First Aid Beauty moisturizer, Anastasia foundation, Benefit brow gel, Urban Decay setting spray, Caudalie serum, and KVD perfumes. Getting two perfumes was a total treat.

Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

Loving the Fresh rose face mask!  I'm going to get so many uses out of it so this product itself is worth the $10 for me.  Will also get plenty of uses out of the Clinique liner, the lip gloss and the serum.  The tarte primer is disappointing since it is such a small amount of product for something to be used on your entire face.  I could do without any of the primers Sephora sends though since I normally don't use them in my makeup routine but it's no biggie. YSL perfume also smells great. Jealous of everyone who get the mini setting spray, I would love to use that to travel with since the full size is too big for a carry-on bag. Great box this month!

RE: Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

Totally agree!

Caudalie

OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

Received my box and for the most part I'm happy with it just surprised at how tiny the Tarte sample is, samples that small are pointless because it doesn't give us a chance to try it out long enough to determine if we like it, if our skin agrees with it or anything.

RE: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

I think this is the best box!!!

I love my Sephora Play! box and eagerly wait for it every month! I have also done Ipsy and Birchbox, and Play! has been the best overall. Until now. This month was almost product-for-product of my last months box! I received Benefit brows for light eyebrows, mine are black...the SAME Makeup Forever foundation (only this time in matte- whoopie) another perfume sample (again not the one that I was supposed to receive according to the email) another serum and another primer that does nothing. Per the email I received I was supposed to be getting mascara and I was running low so I didn't purchase a new one myself. Guess that was my mistake for expecting. I have also been waiting the YSL perfume sample for 2 months (was also told it would be in last months box.) I'm more sad than angry, I really love Sephora and trying new things but these are the same things. Even if it's only $10 I don't need the same things every month.

I am new to Play! Overall, I'm glad I joined. My samples weren't as exciting as I was expecting, though. You all probably remember watching the mailbox in anticipation for the first bag. By the way, I have ipsy, and like getting real bags. I read that my subscription with Play! also included "unique" monthly bags. What's unique about a plastic bag?? I've seen this as a complaint in unboxing videos from previous months when I was deciding if I wanted to join, and was hoping it was just that month. But then my stuff came in the same. I would have rather seen something pink for October! (Breast cancer awareness month)

Its called helping the enviroment. You mention having ipsy so do you really need another bag? Actual sephora bags are 20 to 30 and up for just the bag. They gave out cheap cloth drawstring bag before. I for one and so happy they're taking a step to improve recycling. 

Pretty disappointed in this months box as well, the foundation shade I received was way too dark for my complexion and the items i received did not match the items i was supposed to get. Unfortunately my caudalie serum was missing along with the rose fresh mask that was supposed to be there. Maybe foundation shouldnt be one of the items we receive because it is too customer specific and you guys wont be able to please everyone since we are all different shades.

dose anyone know what is going to be in November box or i...

dose anyone know what is going to be in November box or is it to early to find out? I just signed up last month and so far I love it. The samples are pretty small.

RE: Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

Same here

Re: RE: Re: OCTOBER SNEAK PEEK!

me too! I received almost the same box as last time!! 

So tired of receiving the same products over and over again, Fresh soy face cleanser? Makeup Forever foundation? Benefit Gimme Brow? Gotten these same things a million times over the years. Want to try new things, not the same old stuff that's been beauty insider samples forever and ever. Sooooo many new brands and fun products to "play" with, but consistently disappointed with these boxes. 

me too! I received almost the same box as last time!! 

No more primers, hair products, fragrances, please!

I have never complained about Play!box subscription even though I have been subscribed to it for many years now - from the very beginning of its existence, to be precise. But this October box disappointed me very much, so I can't be silent. I received box A (975), where the two products ABSOLUTELY do not match my skin and brow color type. I have fair skin with a pink undertone, which is indicated in my Play!box Profile, I also did color matching in the store. So why do I get a foundation in Y245 that is five or even more tones darker than my skin tone with a strong yellow undertone in it? How can I understand if this foundation is suitable for me (in particular, how long it lasts on my oily/combo skin, for example) if I can't even use it without looking like a dead clown?! It says that this foundation was chosen for my skin tone. Really?! But that’s not what disappointed me the most. My profile indicates that I have (light) brown hair. In the recent history of my purchases there is BENEFIT COSMETICS Gimme Brow in color Neutral Light Brown (3), so why did I get this same BENEFIT COSMETICS Gimme Brow in color 1 (cool light blonde) for light brows?IMG_2385.jpg I understand perfectly well that you can not find the perfect combination of products for each subscriber, but is that difficult to look at the basic data in our profiles? All of this is especially upsetting because in another variation of the October boxes there is Gimme Brow gel in my shade 3, but I did not receive it. Why Sephora, WHY???

Hi @canisti, I'm sorry to hear that! I am sending you a private message to look into this further. 

Regards, 

Kevin

IMG_5667.jpgJust recently got my first ever Sephora play box and I'm actually...  more than a little disappointed.  Why did they ask me my skin tone (which is WHITER THAN PAPER) if they were just going to send me a foundation that's very dark??  That is with it blended out as much as I can get it and it's still about 15 shades darker than me. What gives??  I can't even properly test to see if I actually LIKE it or not since I can't get past the fact that it's completely goofy on me.

If you have a local Sephora you can go in and get matched with that product so you can try out the product. Sephora is the best when it comes to trying out new things💖

Hi @BardOfDB,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I appreciate your feedback and will forward it directly to the PLAY! team for review. I will send you a private message to provide further assistance

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

1 Reply