cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

2019-03-15-play-mar19-community-teaser.jpg

Spring is just around the corner—and so is your March box! So, we’re planting these spoilers in your mind to get you excited for what is to come.

Don’t forget to mark the calendar! Your box will arrive the third week of March. Now let’s dig in with a hint about what’s heading your way this monthYour March box will contain at least one of these products:

• Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
  • NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman
  • It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser Skin-Transforming Hydrating Cleansing Serum

How does your beauty routine change as you head out of winter and into spring?

RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Same here, I didn’t get my box yet and they emailed saying that it was shipped

Same!

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

The March box is the worst one I've ever received. What was shown in the email vs what was in the box completely different. Two dry shampoos, which I never use! One seems empty. Not sure how much longer I'll keep this subscription.

Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

I agree. I only got 2 of the products highlighted in the original "see what you got" email. I got 2 dry shampoos (I rarely use dry shampoo) and a bronzer that I honestly will NEVER use because 1) I prefer my pale skin, and 2) it's too dark for me. And Supergoop instead of Shisheido. I was looking forward to the Shisheido. The only good thing about getting another mascara sample is that I'll never have to buy mascara again - at least for a while. But I wish it was brown instead of black. Honestly, all of the makeup I get is too dark for my skin tone/preferences and the lipstick gets tried on and then thrown out. I wish there was a way to specify color ranges that we prefer, rather than just skin tone.

And what's up with the plastic bag? Where can they be recycled? And is everyone recycling??? I DOUBT IT. Although I continue to reuse the earlier cloth bags, the products/samples do not need to come in a bag of any kind. Sephora - consider being a trend leader in waste management and get rid of the bags.

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

this box was ok

222CD245-0A38-4926-B13B-D19386EA9E0B.png

I didnt receive any of these like my email said except the mascara?

RE: Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Ditto!

Hi @HNyq,

Make sure that you are signed into your account when checking to see which box you are being sent. If the information is still incorrect, please send me or any other Mod a PM and we will look into this further for you. 

Best,

Zakiya

Well that’s very disappointing that what is emailed is different. Gets your hopes up for sure 

@HNyq wrote:

222CD245-0A38-4926-B13B-D19386EA9E0B.png

I didnt receive any of these like my email said except the mascara?

I got the same email, but that’s not what I received at all. 2nd time in a row

I was so excited to see the Triple Sec spray in my Play box this month! Sadly, it arrived empty. 😞

same! i received 2 dry shampoos - the amika had weightfl...

Same! I thought I was the only one. I received 2 dry shampoos - the amika had weight but the triple sec was empty. 😓

Re: same! i received 2 dry shampoos - the amika had weightfl...

Hi @StephiesB,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will send you a private message to provide further assistance.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Re: RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

I received the 3 in 1 in my play box and sadly it is empty as well. 

Re: RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

@xenotiff, I'm sorry to hear that! I am sending you a private message to further assist. 

Regards, 

Kevin

RE: Re: RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Well, I was planning on joining today. However, after reading all of these responses I think I’ll try IPSY & Macy’s beauty boxes instead. I was ordering my Sephora through my JC Penny app but realized I should go through here to start this monthly subscription. I’m glad I checked the feedback. The online reviews rave about how wonderful this monthly subscription is. I am like you ladies; I enjoy getting the new products & trying them out. This is what leads me to know if I will purchase the full size products. Sooo yeah, I guess I’ll have to check back in a few months because this looked very promising. Best of Luck everyone!! Bekki 🙂

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

This box is the worst! Sad to see I'm not the only one with this horrible box. Two dry shampoos, really. I don't use them in the first place. Same mascara. This is just bad. Seriously considering canceling. Sephora is going to lose many subscribers if they keep this up. Too many other options out there.

Same here!

I think I missed the March box i subscribed a week ago. As for my skin care, my routine doesn’t change but some of the products do. I’m African American but I love Korean skin care products and tend to Follow Charlotte Cho’s recommendations for oily to Combo skin types. Doing the Korean 10 step skin program has greatly improved my skin

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

1. I didn't receive items as mentioned in my preview email and the mascara is a repeat. Honestly, TWO dry shampoos in one box is overkill. 2. Lack of curation. Based on all of the boxes I have received, these are not curated - at least when it pertains to the items I receive. Even the perfume samples are not curated to the perfumes that I buy. Based on my purchases, there should be an algorithm that should be referred to at least to get an idea of what each consumer is interested in... It would provide insight to what customers purchase and at least help base what type of products should be sent. I have been a longtime Play subscriber but this will be my last box. 3. Showcasing all brands. I subscribed to this box to explore new products however this is no longer the case. The variety is just not there. I hung on as long as I could hoping for change. Sephora carries many brands but not all are represented in the boxes.

Thanks for your post. It just solidified my position.  I was contemplating getting the subscription but feared exactly what you mentioned. I feared I'd get products that have nothing to do with me like dry shampoo, products that don't favor my coloring, not enough new products, or repeat items.  I used to subscribe to another popular monthly makeup box (begins w/a "B").  The same thing was happening, hence my canceling it.

948 Replies
testing