Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

2019-03-15-play-mar19-community-teaser.jpg

Spring is just around the corner—and so is your March box! So, we’re planting these spoilers in your mind to get you excited for what is to come.

Don’t forget to mark the calendar! Your box will arrive the third week of March. Now let’s dig in with a hint about what’s heading your way this monthYour March box will contain at least one of these products:

• Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
  • NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman
  • It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser Skin-Transforming Hydrating Cleansing Serum

How does your beauty routine change as you head out of winter and into spring?

Anonymous Insider

Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

I' am new to the playbox subscription, looking at the products mentioned in the march sneak peak i' am a little worried because the playbox quiz did not ask me if i like makeup that is heavy or light. I have sensitive skin and i cannot wear heavy glue like makeup i hope somehow i can let sephora know because the quiz did not ask me. Does anybody know how i can talk to sephora about that. 

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

The March bag was beyond disappointing. I got 3 repeats and a perfume sample (which is useless to me because I'm allergic to perfume). I have felt like the bags have been getting more disappointing lately but the March bag has truly made me consider cancelling. I subscribe to try new things not collect samples of repeats. If they don't step April's bad then I'm out. I just had get that rant out somewhere.

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

March was the worst bag ever. I hate dry shampoo. I got two, two of which ive had in previous bags. The crappy mascara was also a repeat along with the fragrance. oh and then the sunscreen... seriously? I got bottom of the barrel junk leftovers! I always see bags with products i haven't tried.. and yet i always get the WORST repeats. Sephora, what have i/we done to deserve this!?!?!? 😭

RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

I’ll buy some off of you.

I’d rather get all the promo samples they offer with purchase than the samples leftover from previous years. I got two empty dry shampoos!!

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

My biggest complaint is when Sephora Play switched to the ziplock style bags, the products seemed to have gotten... cheaper, perhaps? Cons: I received 2 sunscreens and while I'm a FL girl, I do not need to try TWO samples. Also, I received LashCRAP in September and got it again so my sister will be receiving this (again) because I already have so much quality full-sized mascara from Boxycharm. I wish it would have been liner instead 😞 Pro: On the brightside, I'm looking forward to OUAI Wave Spray. I have wavy, long (down to my butt) hair that requires some kind of product every day to look nice. I'll probably go through the whole sample in one go but that's my fault for having long hair. Haha (Although it would be nice if samples were adjusted to hair length because some stuff just does not cover all my hair- mainly, shampoos and conditioners.) I'm also happy about the bonus fragrance because I toss those in my to-go makeup bag that stays in my purse. You never know when you may need to freshen up or may forget to apply deodorant! 😉 TLDR; Yay spray for my hair!, Boooo two sunscreens and a repeat item (mascara) from September's box

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

and you sent me the dammmmmn sunscreen anyway 🙄

I loved the NARS Lip pigment in American woman! Its the first product that looks almost nude on me! This was my first PLAY! box and I am hooked! 

I thought I was alone with my Play box issues. I got Bite lipstick in 3 of my last 4 boxes (I do love Bite tho). Can we please get different colors? A red, a pink, a purple??? And dry shampoo. I am a black female with natural hair. What am I gonna do with dry shampoo? What is the purpose of filling out the questionnaire if we all get the same thing and they're always repeated? Give us some of those "spend x get y free sample," and maybe the dissent wouldn't be so strong. I love Sephora, but Play gets 1 more month before I move on. Their curators suck!

@SephoraPLAY wrote:

Spring is just around the corner—and so is your March box! So, we’re planting these spoilers in your mind to get you excited for what is to come.

Don’t forget to mark the calendar! Your box will arrive the third week of March. Now let’s dig in with a hint about what’s heading your way this monthYour March box will contain at least one of these products:

• It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser Skin-Transforming Hydrating Cleansing Serum

@SephoraPLAY wrote:

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

It's true about the foundation. I always get one that's too dark. And then these nude pinkish lipsticks that do nothing for me. I usually like the perfumes but a lot of the stuff is irrelevant. I have locks. Beach hair hairspray isn't gonna do anything for me. And nude colored color correction cream just has me looking like suzie the clown since I'm expected to match it with my American Woman hot pink lipstick. Here's an idea. Why not just let us pick our samples, 6 out of 10 options. Make us all happy. K, Thanks.

Ladies, please stop throwing away brand new samples in the trash - your killing our environment! If you don’t like/ want them, just give them away to friends/family - or you can even take them to work and leave in your employee break room with a “free samples!” sign on it - people will love you for it- trust me- I do it all the time.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

I agree, also remember that battered women's shelters need makeup really.  Save up your samples and maybe take them every 4 to 6 months.  You have no idea what you will be doing for someone. 

I don’t bother to check the email anymore because I know I’ll get excited about my box and be disappointed once I get it. The box was meh this month because many of these things are 100-point gifts. I know i’ve gotten American Woman as a 100-point gift. I’ve gotten the Sephora mascara in past boxes. i got the Dr. Jart + in a precious box. I got a (Woodstock?) perfume I’ll probably never use. It seems as if Sephora doesn’t pay any attention to us so I may stop paying to them if they kep sending repeats. I have subscribed to Ipsy and I’m going to compare the two and see which one i’m most satisfied with and drop the other. My guess is it’ll probably be Ipay since Sephora’s not listening. 

Good night 

I’m so disappointed, is been four months since I haved recive the items that I get on my previou email, I get very excited with the items that I see in the email this month but when I open my Sephora play they are not the same, I didn’t like what I got this month, on the beginning on the month I got an email tha you guys notice that situation, and this was not goin to happen again.3B0FDA17-4FED-4368-827F-FEA6FA8CD58D.png

103EB8C0-A805-4C37-9EDA-9C7E728B3EE8.jpeg

I got your exact same box, and the hair products and mascara are repeats. I don't want hair care products! They keep sending me matte lipstick, and liquid eyeliner, and most women my age can't wear that crap. I just cancelled. This was the worst box yet.

You guys keep sending us the same products over and over again ? BAD products that we throw and IM UNSUBSCRIBING AND subscribing to Ipsy they send real bags and brushes and high end makeup not repeats this is ridiculous im rouge here but what a let down month after month of getting TRASH Sephora brand mascara that’s dry and clumpy and dry shampoo and THE SAME SHADE OF LIP PRODUCT FROM EVERY BRAND? rose pink? Nude pink? Over and over and over again and a the same LOW END TRASH brand foundations that ARE NOT OUR SHADE? you can look at the foundation shade we use by our recent purchases but you still send either 3 shades light to 3 shades dark just more products to THROW AWAY 👎🏽👎🏽 DO BETTER SEPHORA 😑👎🏽

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

so disappointed with this months box! didnt want the nude lipstick, sunscreen, the mascara has been sent to me already and the wave spray i don't need and the color correcting cream is not needed

Maybe you got my box? I def would want to try that dr jart and could use the wave spray. They sent me a nice nars bronzer in A super dark shade. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have red hair, super fair skin, and even just a swatch made me look like a self tan experiment gone horribly awry. I don’t know who curates these things but they need to either have real people do it or update their AI.

I got a completely different box than what was listed in my "see what you got email". Not one product matched what it said I would be receiving? I'm confused as to why that happened. 

RE: Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Same here idk what’s going on but my February list of what I was receiving is different that what I got in my box ;( I really wanted that Stella perfume sample!! @sephora
testing