Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

FEB18_MAR_TEASER_COMMUNITY.jpg

Heya PLAYers,

Festival season is upon us, and your March PLAY! box is here for it! This month’s theme is Festival Beauty.

Want to know specifics?

Your box will have either IGK Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm, Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Spray, or Verb Ghost Oil. Excited to get your festival hair on? We thought so.

xoxo,

Team PLAY!

Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 12.06.35 PM.pngIMG_3561.JPG

Every month I get more and more shimmer. I have a Laura Mercier that is almost identical the Bobbi Brown eye shadow stick I was sent in a previous box. Why couldn't I have received a nice black or dark brown eyeliner? I am pretty fair, and this month I received yet another shimmer stick for my eyes. I actually laughed out loud at the suggestion to draw designs with it. First, it matches my skintone. Second, I'm 41 years old and well past the stage of drawing designs on my face. Please stop with the shimmer!

I would love some of that!

I would love some of that!

I’m extremely disappointed in this box. The lip color is wrong and it came with hair oil and an anti frizz towelette. I double checked my profile and I marked oiliness and  volume as my main concerns. Why on earth would I ever put something on my hair to make it even more oily. I loved this subscription when I first starting getting it but have only enjoyed one or two products in each box for the past several months. 

RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Why do we fill out a profile if we’re just going to be sent whatever? Hydrating balms for oily skin and hair texturizing products for already textured coily hair?

large.jpg

Last month I was kind of bored by the products, but this month is 4/6 items I can barely USE because they don't match my hair or skin profile. I regularly check my profile so it's up to date, but really? Two heavy moisturizers for normal, straight, NON FRIZZY/DRY hair? Layering SPF on sensitive skin asks for a reaction. And your Sephora foundation, while not bad, isn't close enough to my shade range 😞

I probably won't bother with the lip product (my choice, not Sephora's fault). I wish Sephora could introduce more variety within the sample boxes, or give use a limited list where we can at least a handful of "NEVER" on it (i.e. never any mascara, never needing metallic lippies, etc.) Or perhaps adding a waiting list option for following months where people can opt for duplicate leftover samples from previous months to swap for incoming products - like if someone LOVES Ghost oil, they can check a selection asking for the POSSIBILITY to get one more bottle the following month in exchange for one of their incoming mystery items.

Saddened by this March'18 box ever more than February'18. I'm holding out for April, but at this rate I'll cancel if results are so sporadic and leaning towards the negative experience. Samples are great fun, but I'd rather save my $120+ a year than struggle with a pile of unusable products.

I did NOT get ANY of those pictured above.  I got a MUF lipstick, Stila eyeliner, shampoo/conditioner, some frizz repair and something else that is not pictured. 

Anonymous Insider

Neither did I. Instead I got 2 dry shampoos, the same mascara I get every other box, another bronzer, another face sunscreen and the usual eau de toilette spray. Maybe because I had cancelled my subscription the same day they charged me, they gave me all duplicates haha! *Hint, that's why I cancelled.

Anonymous Insider

Dang, I wish I could actually get some makeup in my box!

I don't want all of these hair and skin products... I literally have gotten nothing but things like that is the past 3 boxes. Besides last month, with the two lip products being Sephora brand, and the lipstick was BROKEN and not even a color I'd wear. Super disappointed! I'm definitely considering switching to Ipsy. It's based on products you're interested in and colors you wear. I was hoping for a good, fun experience with my first go at monthly makeup boxes, but nope. I haven't been satisfied with any of the 3 boxes I've gotten and am tired of giving Sephora more chances. 

It might be okay if I could just take these products into the local Sephora and switch them out or something, but honestly it's a bit of a waste at this point. Some of the products I've received are completely contradictory to what I actually need, too.

oof.

RE: Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Here. Here.

So annoyed:/ just saw that I get ANOTHER CRAPPY BLACK MASCARA AND UGLY SEPHORA BRAND PURPLE LIPSTICK THING IM SO SICK OF PLAY!!!!!!! Stop with the black mascara and eyeliner and horrible Sephora brand liquid lip tiny samples I’m really really starting to hate play
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

I got that Purple lip stain... And oh my it is more a gray/purple  and with my skin tones and hair color  It's not very attractive!  It's just one of the Many lip products that I give to my friends for their teenage daughters!

I’m pleasantly surprised by my box this month. I had a few months of disappointing and repetitive products but maybe I’ll stick it out another few boxes and see how it goes. The size of the samples will allow for more than just one time use and they are great brands! Hopefully they keep this up!

Can not agree more, their products are just getting worse and worse, sizes are not even to compare with in the beginning

MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Thank you so much for not including a perfume sample in this box!!

Please , Please , Please do not send me another one of those ghost oil bottles . Sephora has already sent me 5 of those in my Play boxes and it just makes a greasy mess. 

Not what I expected. When I think of festival I  think glitter and or shimmer and highlighted skin. All I got here hair products a cleanser and setting spray. The only makeup product I got was a liquid eyeliner.

RE: Re: MARCH SNEAK PEEK!

Also my box. Was kind of a bore. But yay for more eyeliner lol
Anonymous Insider

Me too!  And i specifically asked for no hair or skin products...

@KaneeDwrote:

Not what I expected. When I think of festival I  think glitter and or shimmer and highlighted skin. All I got here hair products a cleanser and setting spray. The only makeup product I got was a liquid eyeliner.

How? There's nowhere to request that.

testing