cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!

Heya PLAYers,

Want even MORE spoilers?! If so, check out out this month's Boxing Video, now on YoutTube. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkd0o-uUXis

**UPDATE**

3…2…1…It’s glow time!

This month your PLAY! by SEPHORA box contains GLAMGLOW SUPERCLEANSE Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser, a unique formula that contains three types of charcoal for pure pore perfection.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Team PLAY!

The countdown to your first PLAY! by SEPHORA box of 2018 starts now!

The theme for this month’s box is Happy You Year, and it’s all about crushing your beauty resolutions. Get ready for a box full of products that’ll set you up for the most beautiful year yet.

Be on the lookout for more teasers about January's box.

xoxo,

Team PLAY!

💯agree!

💯agree!

Re: RE: JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!

I completely agree!

OMG people its only make up. see it as a surprise.. life...

OMG people its only make up. see it as a surprise.. life 2 short and delicate 2 be upset because out SEPHORA plays arrived late. lol

Re: OMG people its only make up. see it as a surprise.. life...

@bambielove Lol! 😂

Re: JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!

I'd like to hear from more of you regarding Ipsy vs Sephora Play...( ! ).  Seems like there are quite a few who subscribe to both. I did subscribe to Ipsy, a while back...am thinking of adding it back - on the fence with Play/Sephora.  I really wish we could use the Play points card online, instead of just in store - that'd be a huge deal breaker for me. 

I'm also am a lipstick fiend -  looking at Lip Monthly - if anyone subscribes or has tried it.

Anonymous Insider

I agree my nearest store is over 60 miles away, should be able to use online..

RE: Re: JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!

I cancelled Ipsy after receiving Ipsy for about 8 months and play and Ipsy for 3 months simultaneously. I felt Ipsy brands were mostly inferior and getting anything I did like was a hassle. I also kept getting the same type of items over and over in shades that didn’t show up on my medium dark African American skin. I like play better because all the products can be purchased from Sephora if I find something I like. It would be good if it could be personalized based on your Sephora profile since hair texture and skin tone/type matter when it comes to which products can be used. But despite the profile, Ipsy didn’t do a good job for me.

I get Play! now and used to subscribe to Ipsy and Birch Box. Ipsy is ok, but seriously, how many makeup bags can one use lol. Sephora has the higher end products plus points you can accrue to obtain deluxe samples of products you like. Ipsy had a lot of less expensive products that you can buy at WalMart. Depends on the products you use and how much you want to spend on them as to which is better. It’s definitely a matter of taste. I will say that Ipsy was more reliable.

I subscribed to Ipsy and Play at the same time about and so far have gotten two Ipsy boxes and one Play. So far I totally prefer Ipsy. I like that the boxes are customized based on what you select when you’re signing up and it always comes on time. Seems like I wait FORVER for the Play box (Ipsy came two day ago. Still waiting on Sephora). I was considering canceling it and getting Birchbox if I’m not satisfied with this month’s box.
Anonymous Insider

i tried lip monthly and got charged for my first month, i...

i tried lip monthly and got charged for my first month, i never receives it even though the tracking number says it was delivered it never was. i contacted them and was just advised to check with my usps / ups, which i did and long story short, never saw that months bag and never saw a refund. i got charged for the next month and the products were not worth it. No staying power lip products, save your money and just get some NYX or Colourpop , quality us was better then Lip Monthly.

I had Ipsy for a year. You do get to personalize what you...

I had Ipsy for a year. You do get to personalize what you like a ton more than with the Play! sub box. With ipsy, you take a quiz telling them your likes/dislikes as far as brushes, highlighters, colors for eyes and nails, skin care, hair care, etc. That I did love about them...Until they started sending me foundation every month and that was clearly on my profile as dislike/don't use. When I contacted customer service, for the 3rd time over that issue, they stated that just because it's on my profile as not liking/wanting does not mean they won't send it and encouraged me to try new things. Um, no. I've tried foundation in the past and I've never been a fan of it. That's why it's on my dislike. Their products, for the last 3 months I was with them also seemed to be stuff you could pick up at a drugstore. Cheap. So, I started looking into other sub boxes after that. I found Sephora Play!. I loved that Play! offered the perfume sample every month as a bonus item and offered high end items. However, now Play! isn't going to offer the bonus perfume every month, I'm reconsidering going to Birchbox or Boxycharm. Hope this helps in your decision and good luck! 😊

Also, with Play!, you can put your Playpass points online...

Also, with Play!, you can put your Playpass points online. Call customer service and ask them to. They don't like doing it, but they will. I do that because I don't like the store closest to me. Others do it because they don't have a store that's close. ❤
Anonymous Insider

I would not recommend Lip Monthly. I canceled after 2 mon...

I would not recommend Lip Monthly. I canceled after 2 months. The colors were awful and some of the products were dry. I love Ipsy!
Anonymous Insider

There is also the Macy's box I got my first one this month already and love it 😍 good brands good variety(perfume, hand lotion, face lotion, face wash, 2 liquid lipsticks) with 5 bucks off next beauty purchase card. I just subscribed to play so I haven't received my box yet I will give them a shot but so far I'm wowed by Macy's. I have ipsy as well but they will send you repeats unless you update your profile that's why it's important to update your beauty profile so you can get more of want you want to receive

How did you sign up for the Macy’s box?

Re: RE: Re: JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!

@BrittForesta  if you visit Macy’s website and go to the beauty section you’ll see the box listed 3C187875-0E4A-4D00-B7F0-C879AC32CBCD.jpeg

Re: RE: Re: JANUARY SNEAK PEEK!

Thank you! Going to check it out now

ZombieMetroAnt wrote:

@BrittForesta  if you visit Macy’s website and go to the beauty section you’ll see the box listed 3C187875-0E4A-4D00-B7F0-C879AC32CBCD.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

I have been getting ipsy  for about 14 months now and I absolutely love it!! I am a make up junkie. But of all the things I subscribe to I always receive ipsy first. I am new to Sephora play tho. This month will be my second month. I am not sure at this point if I am a big fan. With ipsy I always get full sized lipsticks not the tiny samples. I also tried lip monthly for a couple months. I didn't really like it as much as others but I should have held out a couple more months to see if it improved. 

I’ve had Ipsy for about three months and unsubscribed because they send cheap brands

I subscribe to both Ipsy (4 years) and Sephora Play and l...

I subscribe to both Ipsy (4 years) and Sephora Play and love them both!! For me personally Lip Monthly has cheap products. I tried it for three months and quit.

RE: I subscribe to both Ipsy (4 years) and Sephora Play and l...

I like PLAY more because I had Ipsy for a while and they just don’t send things I like. Sephora sends me more high end brands and I’ve only got one box so far and like it more. 😂
1 Reply
testing