cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Get your K-Beauty fix with the newest box from PLAY! SMARTS

2018-Play-Smarts-KBeauty-Community-Teaser.jpg

Not familiar with PLAY! SMARTS yet? We’ve got you.

PLAY! SMARTS is the latest offering from PLAY! by SEPHORA—it’s a collection of limited-edition boxes that provide six trial-size, must-try products AND a live-streamed class so you can learn while you PLAY! Cool, right?

We’re launching a brand-new K-Beauty box filled with innovative and seriously cute products that put skin first for $20! Get app-early access on October 12. Don’t miss out! 

What are your favorite K-Beauty brands?

Liking this box better after watching the Crash Course, but still wish another brand was included instead of Belif twice. Can't wait for the complexion ones!

Re: Get your K-Beauty fix with the newest box from PLAY! SMARTS

I was definitely pleased with this box, mainly because it was full of things I love, and a couple things I’m excited to try...and the bag is cute and different. I love the Watermelon Glow Sleeping mask and the Laneige Lip Mask and am happy to have backups. I love the Belif Moisture Bomb and was all out...so yay! I’ve been *dying* to try the Saturday Skin Rub-a-Dub Face Peel...so double yay!! I’m excited to try the Belif Eye Bomb and Erborian CC Cream as well. Overall I’m satisfied with the products because I know I’ll use and love them, but there are a couple things I would’ve changed; why 2 Belif products? Instead of 2 Belif products, 1 Belif product and something from another brand would’ve gave more diversity. And speaking of diversity, though I’m excited about the Erborian CC Cream, I wish they would’ve put something in more universal, instead of something with only 2 shade ranges to choose from that leave out a large chunk of people. I know allot of people were saying chill out, it’s color adjusting...but I’m sure they were fair skinned people like myself saying chill out, not thinking how we would feel if we went to pick a box and only had two choices of “Medium/Tan” and “Dark”. Maybe this CC Creme really does adjust to peoples skin color, but that was still definitely a slap in the face to many dark skinned sisters. I only hope that this *does* in fact work for all shade ranges, so if any one with darker skin tries, I’m curious to know how this works for them. I really hope it does, because I think this is a great box 😊F7DE9BF7-BDE4-4CAF-BAF7-70889C0DB629.jpeg

1E783A11-DD72-4478-B2D5-9AAD3B74940A.jpeg

18C55030-792C-4A7C-BAA9-325419EBCC49.jpeg

2C240687-363C-454E-BD6C-D0DC62B819D6.jpeg

4CBA97BC-83E5-40B0-B8AD-C932A782531D.jpeg

Not as enthralled with this as the other Play! Smarts. Was a little disappointed to get two sleeping masks (granted, one is face snd one lip, but still very similar products). Also, I knew ordering there would be two belif products, but it would have been nice to have one be a different brand because there are so many more out there.

RE: Get your K-Beauty fix with the newest box from PLAY! SMARTS

There is no logical reason that both types of boxes are specifically kept separate and not merged together to provide a improved better kind of box for Play! Members. Also asking consumers to pay twice as much for this K-Beauty cost in addition to what expense is already currently being spent on Play! Boxes. The approach of marketing a 2nd box and doubling the prices of what is already being paid of the 1st box was an inconvenient choice/action towards affecting existing customers! It is an obviously poorly planned out huge display of greediness plus unprofessionalism of Sephora Company itself who directly is marketing through using the classic subliminal advertisement technique which with the majorly of people in goes completely undetected by unsuspecting customers.

Darn it! I tried to have self control. I have plenty of stuff. But I love all these K-Beauty brands and I don’t want to miss out. So, I ordered another Play! If I end up with stuff I don’t want, it will make nice stocking stuffers. I do agree that I would much rather know exactly what is gonna be in a Play! bag before I order. This time, though, it didn’t matter lol.

What exactly is in this playbox? I’m getting very tired of Sephora saying a brand name for a face cream but not listing the exact type of face cream. They list “Belief” but not if it’s the water cream or white balm like moisturizer. Also it’s saying “trial” size which sounds like free sample sizes not deluxe samples. I’m not going to fall for another gimmick bag. The last Luxe bag was full of tiny things not worth the $25. Come on Sephora- disclosure is important to the customer. List exactly what is in the box and the amount in oz of product.

Dear Dhalia, Etude House, Innis Free, Stylenanda, Espoir! Omg if Sephora has espoir I would die happy 😆 

💕 This looks fun!

How do I get one of these new boxes please. The 20$ ones. 

It’s not a subscription. You order it on its own

Hehe, me too!! I am on my 3rd Sephora box overflowing with stuff that I need to sort out to give to friends! I order so much that I can’t use it all. I keep thinking I’ll try out new products, and I do, but I cannot possibly try out all the products I’ve accumulated!

If it were k-beauty make up I’d get it for sure...skin care is tougher-unless you already have perfect skin it’s hard to play around with a normal skin routine that works. For the sensitive, dry, and acne prone customers like me-sample sizes of skincare are a no-go. Bring some k-beauty MAKEUP! 🙂

RE: Re: Get your K-Beauty fix with the newest box from PLAY! SMARTS

Or any smarts boxes with makeup. Like all of them have been skincare.

All except the first one. I would love more makeup ones!

All except the first one. I would love more makeup ones!

They should seriously consider putting these “seriously cute” or “innovative products” in their regular Play! Box!!! I’m paying 10$ a month for repeats and 20$ every week or two, for these “smart boxes” ughhh. I was SHOCKED, SHOCKED to see my first Ipsy is getting here Friday! The 12th! The earliest I’ve ever received a play box is around the 22nd lol. I might finally cancel after my 7th month, and just order the smart or luxe boxes every now and then. At least I know they will have a cute lil bag, because seriously guys the new play bags r RIDICULOUS!!

I agree. Ipsy is the same price and puts the Playbox to shame. Now Ipsy is doing a Luxe box for $25 and will include a full size item. I’m not seeing a real value in paying $20 for 5 samples.

The Ipsy Plus is actually 5 full-size items. My first one...

The Ipsy Plus is actually 5 full-size items. My first one is supposed to arrive today.

Re: The Ipsy Plus is actually 5 full-size items. My first one...

5 full sized items for Ipsy Luxe... wow.  Please tell us more!  Sephora needs to step it up.

Re: RE: Get your K-Beauty fix with the newest box from PLAY! SMARTS

Well said, I too am really tired, the products in my play box are repeats and never the ones I would of chosen in the list. They say the boxes are curated for your needs depending on profile.. but clearly that is not true 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 2018-Play-Smarts-KBeauty-Community-Teaser.jpg
  • F7DE9BF7-BDE4-4CAF-BAF7-70889C0DB629.jpeg
  • 2C240687-363C-454E-BD6C-D0DC62B819D6.jpeg
  • 18C55030-792C-4A7C-BAA9-325419EBCC49.jpeg
  • 1E783A11-DD72-4478-B2D5-9AAD3B74940A.jpeg
  • 4CBA97BC-83E5-40B0-B8AD-C932A782531D.jpeg
testing