cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

**SPOILER UPDATE***

Looking for a clue about your February box? Well, we’ve got two!

Each box will have TWO lip products, but we’re only spilling one of them. Will it be Sephora Collection Rouge Matte in Rebel Chic or Sephora Collection Ultra Shine in Perfect Nude? We can’t wait to share the love.

XOXO,

Team PLAY!

Heya PLAYers,

Are you all heart-eyed just thinking about your February PLAY! by SEPHORA box? So are we. Here’s the first clue to hold you over until it arrives.

This month’s theme is Feel the Love, and it’s filled with beauty you’ll fall head over heels for. There might even be two products in the same category, but our lips are sealed.

XOXO, 

Team PLAY!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

Please—no more pink/nude lip gloss colors or black eyeliner. Every box has these... and both products look awful on me. 

Anonymous Insider

I would have loved the nude lipstick. I got red & a burgundy. They weren't broken at least. My skin care product sounded great but the lid was sealed closed. I can cut off the bottom but only use once afterwards. Hardly a try out sample. 

kimberella wrote:

Please—no more pink/nude lip gloss colors or black eyeliner. Every box has these... and both products look awful on me. 

kimberella wrote:

Dear Play! by Sephora Team- isn't the point of a sample to get us to try an item, love it, then ultimately buy it?  If you keep sending samples in colors that the average person will never wear then why on earth would someone ever purchase that product?  I just recently became a stay at home mom but even when I worked I never would have used the dark/red/neon lip colors, the colored eye liners, or the glitter.  I don't even know anyone to gift them to.  I did not get one item in the kit this month that I was hoping for.  Perhaps there should be a section in your profile questionnaire of items that we would NOT like to receive!!!  (or ability to select one's general look, ie natural, playful, edgy, etc.)

RE: FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

Ugh I’m getting a berry and a bright red. I was crossing my fingers for the SUGAR and gloss 😞 I’m sooooo sooo sad.

Re: RE: FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

OMG SAME im so over these effing bright lips.

Re: RE: FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

I’m all over bright lips, but keep getting boring ballerina pinks and nudes. 

I just received an email telling me what is in my Play! box. I was praying for a nude lip product, but unfortunately I’m getting ANOTHER red and a dark berry... neither of which I will ever wear or even try for a day as I don’t look good in those colors. PLEASE, NO MORE RED LIP PRODUCTS!
Anonymous Insider

Girl, I got TWO red lip products. EVERY month I've only g...

Girl, I got TWO red lip products. EVERY month I've only gotten red, the total opposite of my profile. why 2 of a red 😲

Same boat 😞

Can we pleaaaaase stop getting repeat items?

IMG_4776.JPG

Look, I'm honestly tired of getting the same thing over and over. The point of this subscription is to discover new products but I keep getting the same things like this. Or a repeat lip product, or skin care. I really wish you guys would have a better way to manage the Play! boxes. 

FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

I love my February play box! After January's box that imo, was underwhelming to say the least, this month I can host honestly say I love every item. Thanks Sephora!

I do wonder if the staff at Sephora play is paying attention to these comments. For only $10 I do appreciate such lovely samples being sent to us each month, and I have discovered some amazing products, but the boxes have become repetitive and I am considering switching to a new subscription box. February marks my 6th play box and in that time I have gotten 2 hot pink, 2 nude and 2 red lippies, 2 black eyeliners, 2 nude Laura Mercier caviar eye sticks (you can barely tell the difference in shades) 3 eye creams, 3 primers, 3 deep conditioners.....you see where I’m going here. What about blush or eyeshadows or bronzers?? Colored liners or brow products??? Sephora please take note from your customers!!!

I've gotten bro products and eyeshadow, hair products and...

I've gotten bro products and eyeshadow, hair products and face cream products...everyone us different it just depends on what you described yourself as in the play questionnaire

RE: I've gotten bro products and eyeshadow, hair products and...

Anonymous Insider

Hi,

I finally cancelled my subscription. Not sure what it is going on with SP lately. These past 4 months I felt it was just not the SP I joined: repeated products, same old brands, colors I don't use or like, same things over and over, a lot of Sephora brand (cheap items). I ended up giving it away. Almost no new items, perfume missing and hardly samples of new perfumes. This last box, the lipstick arrived broken as well. I wrote to SP to inquire but I got nothing back. So I am done. My friends feel the same. It was really cool at the beginning: cool products, big sizes...but it started to get bad after a few months. I done. Better put those $10 on a book, or better subscription! Thank you Sephora but need to do better. It was fun for 3 or 4 months!

Anonymous Insider

Girl, everything you wrote is EXACTLY how I feel. from bo...

Girl, everything you wrote is EXACTLY how I feel. from boxes to broken products. done and over it !! I'm subscribing to boxy, even with a wait list, it would be worth more than this junk.

Please only cruelty free  products 😩🙏🏼

Yeah I dont think that will happen Sephora doesn't focus...

Yeah I dont think that will happen Sephora doesn't focus on cruelty free products since they sell makeup that tests on animals at their stores. I believe Ipsy only gives products that are cruelty free but dont quote me on that.

FEBRUARY SNEAK PEEK!

Glad I will get to test out #4 and #5. Also happy to get a nude lip gloss. Blue liner is fun to add to waterline, but wish it was more turquoise. The mufe lip will be a wild card for me. The past 3 months boxes have been okay, but nothing I really got super excited about...so cancelling play today. I find their value kits have better products and I'd rather spend $20 bucks on a value kit with good products big enough to last a couple months than $20 on two play boxes with products I don't really desire.

I received not one but TWO bright, in your face, "where would I ever wear these?" fuchsia lip products this month...Sephora Rebel Chic and NARS Let's Go Crazy. (This following another insanely bright fuchsia from a few months ago.) The two appear nothing alike at first, but are almost identical on lips and on a tissue. I'm impressed by people who can pull these off on a routine basis, but a good 90% of the women I know and am around aren't rocking a fuchsia lip...like, ever. As for me, both look garish against my skin tone and will be given away or tossed, unfortunately. 

If I could offer a suggestion for future consideration...if providing two lipsticks and one of them is super bright, it might be nice to make the second one a little more nude/neutral. 

testing