Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Different Play! Items than what is shown online

Does anyone ever go to check to see what they’re getting in their Play! Subscription and be totally THRILLED about what they are going to receive and then receive items that are completely different! What a LET DOWN. I even emailed Sephora on this and sent a SS but they are telling me I now have to call them to further discuss. I was super stoked to get the items I pulled up on my app for October. When I got a foundation that was three shades too dark and what smells like a man’s cologne, I can’t even describe my frustration. Especially because they’re acting like what I got is what I was SUPPOSED to get! Very very disappointed ☹️ I just want the items I was shown a week ago on my app! Why is that so hard?! Photo is what I received, SS is what I was SUPPOSED to get 😭😭😭 I at least got the Serum and the Primer but I was really excited about the other items!!! Especially the mask and the perfume 💔

RE: Different Play! Items than what is shown online

Yes, this has happened to me for the past two months. The email link picture is completely different from what I actually receive in the box. Thankfully, they do have my correct profile so I have been okay with most of the products I’ve received lately.
Anonymous Insider

Same here. And men’s cologne!!! It just keeps getting worse. I have called the to c/o it’s all a mess! I have told them and on my profile that I have very dry mature skin I am 63!. I don’t want oil free less moisturizer . I don’t need oil drying masks, foundation that doesn’t match, I only wear gloss etc.......... Two emails and my Sephora said I was getting face serum moisturizer yeah but nope again received items I don’t need or use. Men’s cologne, drying mask,foundation setting spray. foundation that doesn’t match etc. Called asked where the items were that 3 times were e-mailed and posted on my page. They said they would send the other box with serum and moisturizer that I would use. Received the email telling me my box had shipped. I checked the order number THEY Sent ME THE SAME BOX!!! I told them I could go to the store and get 3 samples I want! They have got to do a better job! I can order my Lancôme and get samples free all the time. I want to try new skin care products!

Re: Different Play! Items than what is shown online

Hi @Savylicious

I am so sorry to hear this. I will forward this feedback to our PLAY! Team so we can continue to make improvements. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Best,

Rebecca 

I’m going to cancel. This month is the final straw. I was expecting lipstick and eyeliner but what I got was foundation that’s too dark, perfume that gives me a headache, brow crap I can’t use. The most useful item in the box was the ziplock bag.

Re: RE: Different Play! Items than what is shown online

Hi @EmporessDeering

I am so sorry to hear this. We appreciate this feedback. I will be sure to share this feedback with our PLAY! Team. Thank you.

Best,

Rebecca 

Girl, S A M E. I received the preview you did and the got the same items in my bag as you. I don’t understand what went wrong? I had gotten my hopes up about the lipstick and eyeliner! On top of that.... I hate the plastic bags. They feel so cheap compared to the adorable bags we used to get. Super disappointed the past 2 months.

Hi @rachdish,

I apologize that you did not get the bag you were expecting. Thank you for your feedback regarding your PLAY! box and the new bag we are offering. I will forward this feedback to our PLAY! Team for review and consideration. Thank you!

Best,

Rebecca 

I had the same issue, I was supposed to get the eyeliner and liquid lip and instead I got really random stuff

Hi @alc07,

I am sorry to hear about your PLAY box and I will be sure to share this as feedback with our PLAY team. Thank you.

❤️ Melissa

RE: Re: RE: Different Play! Items than what is shown online

Is there anyway I can get items resent? The foundation stick and eyebrow stuff I received I’m not able to try, it’s way too light.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Different Play! Items than what is shown online

@alc07,

I am sorry to hear that you will not be able to use the items in your PLAY box, we appreciate the feedback that you have provided and I will be sure to share this with our PLAY team. Thank you.

❤️ Melissa

at least you got your box 😞 mine is MIA

Hi @Marrrryyyyy, you should most likely receive your box by the end of the week! Please let us know via PM or by calling 1-877-SEPHORA if you don't!

yes this is exactly what I should've received but was given what you also got. Thought I was the only one. ridiculous!!! and men's cologne? did they even try this month?

past 2 months in a row it has happened to me too! I was shown the same box as you were, didnt get a single thing it showed. your box is much better than mine! they sent me mens cologne? so essentially I was shorted a product since I cant use this

I usually check the spoilers on mysubscritionaddjctiondotcom but my box wasn't on there this month. I am disappointed to have gotten 2 primer products and another muf foundation after getting a muf foundation last month too.

Hi @Savylicious,

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the correct items. If you have not been assisted already, please send me a PM so I can look into this further for you. 

Best,

Zakiya

I actually called and got it handled so I should be receiving the correct items in the mail sometime early next week ❤️

the picture from last week is the same picture I got for the sneak peak. I haven't got my box in yet but I am hoping I don't have the same problems you are having :(. I'll keep you updated.

I just subscribed to get these boxes and now I'm thinking...

I just subscribed to get these boxes and now I'm thinking about cancelling reading all these reviews. How long does it take to get your first box? I just subscribed last week.
Conversation Stats
Photos2
testing