Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Did anyone else get a bad August box?

I opened my box this month and was very disappointed. I got Living Proof Dry Shampoo/ Kopari Coconut Melt/ Kat Von Sinner & Saint/ Kat Von D Lock it Concealer M19 Cool/ Too Faced Mascara Melt and a mini Beautyblender. Most of which I already have....ugh. I dislike living proof dry shampoo because it leaves traces in my hair compared to literally a dozen other dry shampoos. Drybar is my current fave with Amika being my all time fave. The coconut melt showed up literally melted and almost spilled all over my box. I also hate the scent of coconut. I already have a jar. Wasn't for me. The perfume is whatever. I'll give it to a friend. Not my scent/s. This part I don't get. I have a light/medium warm skin tone. I also have my colorIQ that notes the golden undertones in my skin. Whyyyyy did i get this sample? Ill try the mascara melt. Im pretty much giving all of this stuff away. Pretty disappointed this month. Considering I reached Rouge status in the beginning of July...I feel like they should pay some attention to what I've bought or saved in my loves list or at the very least matched my colorIQ! I guess you can never have too many beautyblenders...

RE: Did anyone else get a bad August box?

My August box had also melted. The Alterna haircare volumizing spray that I received leaked. One other product was unusable.

I totally called and asked why the samples don't match our profile skintone. Maybe if enough people call they will change it.

Re: Did anyone else get a bad August box?

I've had Play since May 2016 and August 2017 was the worst one I've received so far. September's box looks really good based on spoilers that I've seen!

I'm really surprised to hear that Play would come with foundation/concealer, how could they possibly hope to get the right shade for any more than 10% of women getting one color??  I've been getting Play for over a year and never got a foundation product including my August box, it's one of the reasons I always liked Play vs other monthly's--because they don't include products that are color specific.  I am alabaster and always wear the lightest shade in every foundation/concealer. 

I wanted to provide an update to my original post regarding the August Play box I received.  Based on my past positive experiences, I reached out to the Sephora Facebook Team and I am again impressed with and extremely appreciative of  their responsiveness.  I was told that the answers in our profile are definitely taken into consideration and chosen products are tailored towards our preferences.  They told me they were referring what I experienced to the QA Manager for follow-up.  Plus, they are sending me deluxe samples that are in line with my skin tone, which I was not expecting.  The Sephora Facebook Team consistently provides exceptional customer service and I wish I had thought to contact them in the first place.

I was pretty disappointed with this months box...wanted the kopari item and got Brazilian Bum Bum cream. My least favorite was I think June which came with self tanner wipes! I may cancel at end of year.
Anonymous Insider

I must say that I canceled for the past three months and I do not regret or miss the Play boxes one little bit. When I canceled they have not yet started to give out complexion products but I canceled because of the hair products. They have been giving so many sea salt sprays and weird heat products I just can't. Plus the samples are often left over point perks or the samples that are in other 2500 sample boxes. 

Hey, Sephora, people didn't redeem the stuff for a reason okay?? I signed up hoping to sample things that are new and upcoming in Sephora, not old not exciting samples. I would rather they come out with the luxe boxes for $20 a month (minus the TWO perfumes tho, one is more than enough) I would gladly sign up for a luxe box.

I just got off the phone with Sephora Customer Service.  Unfortunately, I cancelled my Play subscription that I have been very happy with so far.  I received August 2017 Box # 221.  I asked the customer service representative to confirm the skin tone on my Play profile and he confirmed that it is medium.  Box # 221 included a concealer 8 shades darker than my skin tone and a foundation 5 shades darker than my skin tone.  I asked why I received a foundation and concealer that I cannot use and after putting me on hold he told me that his supervisor reported that the Play box is not customized.  I asked why are we asked to complete a profile if it is not customized and relayed that by completing a profile one would expect some degree of customization.  I asked if I could return it for a refund and he said I could take it to a local Sephora store and he is sure they will give me samples I can use.  I then asked him to cancel my subscription if there is no guarantee that I will receive similarly unusable products in the future.  He then cancelled my subscription because there can be no expectation of any customization.

I seem to recall a couple of months ago that we were asked to make sure our profile was accurate because of a variety of skin tones available for samples in our boxes?

My box for this month was disappointing as well. I got the kat von d concealer and the hourglass foundation and they were both at least 3-4 shades too dark even for it being summer and me having tanned at the beach a few times this month. I know they included the beauty blender in most boxes as well but I'm not a fan of the small size and find it hard to use. I never really use the perfumes but I don't usually mind those as long as I get a couple of other good products. I received a clarins cellulite cream and a cocoa tree detangling cream so I'll have to try those and hope those are better.

I had the opposite experience, I was so excited to finall...

I had the opposite experience, I was so excited to finally have colors match me in my play box. I thought they were actually matching the items to the subscribers.
Anonymous Insider

It was a horrible box and most of the reviews support tha...

It was a horrible box and most of the reviews support that. I have no idea what in the world they were thinking light and fair skinned people could do with that concealer and foundation.

i hope you'll enjoy the Clarins cellulite cream as I do!...

i hope you'll enjoy the Clarins cellulite cream as I do! it's really a good product! if I may tip, do upward massaging motions and never downwards! have a great day..:)

Re: RE: Did anyone else get a bad August box?

My concealer is an exact shade match for my face (it doesn't match my body due to constantly wearing long sleeves), which is good, I guess? But the foundation is just a shade or two too dark. Did everybody get the same shades? 33 and golden almond? I want to change my skin tone to "olive" but I am positive that would be too light and just cause more problems down the road. I loved the value of my box though. 

Re: RE: Did anyone else get a bad August box?

Sorry for double posting but this an arm swatch of both foundation and concealer (my arm is about 2 shades lighter than my face even due to 24/7 hoodies)IMG_9690.JPG

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_9690.JPG
testing