cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|
Anonymous Insider

Box or no box?

So I know this is all sephora and I have honestly gone back and forth about signing up and getting a box. I want honest opinions is it truly worth the 10 bucks a month? Are there others you like better? Newer to real make up. I've always ever worn was like mascara and that's about it, but im

getting more into it, but don't know a whole lot! Help! 

RE: Box or no box?

I’ve been receiving it for a year now and I love my box’s I use them up or I’ll give them to my daughter who will get use out of them-Its only $10 most of the time it’s stuff I’ve used or new things I haven’t-I’ll make beauty bags for friends if it’s something we have already tried!

Box or no box?

I never use all my makeup so this is pefect for something like that. you get to try new stuff out. it's also perfect for travelling. I am on my 5th box and I love it. I will probably keep it a year or so. I figure at some point it will get boring. but right now, I love it.

Box or no box?

I think it's worth it. I mean you won't find use out of everything they give you but I have found products that I have fallen in love with that I probably wouldn't have even tried in the first place. And to me that is worth it. You could always try it and cancel it if you don't end up liking it.

I feel the same way. I love my monthly play box and have bought full size products I would not have had I not tried the samples. I’ll definitely keep playing 😁

Re: Box or no box?

I was subscribed to Sephora Play but I cancelled my subscription last month because I honestly wasn’t getting much use out of it. Most months, I received one or, at most, 2 items that I would use so it was leading to additional beauty clutter that I needed to give away. I actually have cancelled all of my beauty boxes, with the exception of the Allure Beauty box. That subscription has been more worthwhile because it has at least 1 full size item a month along with the deluxe sample size items and they’re all from brands I recognize. I think that you should go to a subscription box review website, like My Subscription Addiction, and look at the past boxes from the services you’re considering and see which ones appeal to you because there’s no one-size-fits-all subscription box out there.

Box or no box?

it's just 10 bucks, and definately worth it. I'm not rich, actually in the very poor bracket but my 3 subscriptions (ipsy,birchbox,sephora) are so worth it. I get tons of new make up and still feel like I did when I had tons of money. even if that feeling is for just 15 minutes its totally worth it!

Eh, the best thing is to look at previous boxes and go from there. I have contemplated stopping, but it is only $10. Plus I feel like a lot of items included are the ones we either saw or will see in the future as GWPs. So in a way it has stopped me from spending so much money at Sephora trying to get those little deluxe samples. lol

I usually end up giving half of my Play boxes away because they send stuff I will never use and have no interest in even trying. I've given away every lip product I've ever received in a play box because the colors always make me look sickly. 🤷‍♀️

Re: RE: Box or no box?

Thanks for the advice.

Some months are better than others. Overall, its worth the 10 bucks. It does upset me when they put stuff in the box  that are obviously sample size and are given to them for free to pass out as samples. I really do go back and forth over the worth of this box. You will have ti judge once you start recieving it. I did cancel after my first box but signed up again because customer service was very nice, valued my opinions and the quality of the box did improve. I dont think that they look at our quiz/beauty profile at all. These are just my thoughts. I wish you lots of luck. 

it's absolutely not all Sephora It's All Brands Sephora i...

it's absolutely not all Sephora It's All Brands Sephora included

Hi all, 

I recommend those of you interested in joining a subscription service check out the Subscription Sharing thread to see which products each different subscription is offering as well as feedback on each option. 

Here's the link to the thread : https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/m-p/973905#M103434

@Lmarch04 @sanca @safisafs @Lazybeautybeast @tantallum99

I've been getting the play by Sephora box for about 4 mon...

I've been getting the play by Sephora box for about 4 months and I love it! so my opinion is totally worth the ten bucks

I'm in the same boat. I have an #Ipsy subscription and was thinking about adding #Play. I know the brands would probably be different, and I love trying new products, but is it too much? Lol. I signed up it was first offered, and canceled because the shipment had 3 identical samples for oily skin (mine is dry). It looks like they've improved. Any suggestions or advice?

thanks!

#SephoraPlay #Influenster 

I canceled my ipsy because the sample sizes were too tiny and too many drug store brands. Sephora play is the best if you're looking for high end brands. 

I think it's totally worth the $10. you get to try tons of new products from high end brands. This is also my 2nd month after subscribing to boxycharm and I love it. With boxycharm you get 5 full size products and recently they have been including eyeshadow palettes. These subscription boxes are a great way to build your makeup collection without spending tons of money. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Box or no box?

BoxyCharm is absolutely amazing. I love it. New members are having issues w/ being kept on the waiting list for MONTHS though and members that have been members for a long time are having issues w/ being kicked off the list 😞 and not receiving their boxes. I ordered Sephora Play just to try some new products. I kept it for a couple of months then I decided like you said it’s just $10/ month and it’s worth trying the new things they send. I think it’s worth it. I know they was doing a perfume in every box/bag for Sephora. Do you know if they still are?

I agree with the others. It is usually worth it if you li...

I agree with the others. It is usually worth it if you like to try the products Sephora carries. I'm considering subscriping to boxycharm as well to get some more makeup. My play! boxes have been mostly skincare.

Most of the time I think it is well worth the $10 per month.  I was not crazy about the September box but I normally like and will use most of the products.  There are usually 1-2 that I won't care for but my mom or my sisters will gladly take those so everything gets used eventually. 

I'd get it! I enjoy mine. I will occasionally get things that are not great matches for my skin type, hair type, or style but I save those items for gift ideas. It's worth the money and you get a really good feel for the products. 

Conversation Stats
testing