From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Are there any women of color that get usable items in there play box?

I have been getting the play box for about 7 months. the first few months I received good items but recently I have been sent products that are completely unusable. I have receive thickening spray in 3 different boxes even though after the first time I contacted customer service to say that doesn't align with my beauty profile. I also have received in the last 3 boxes pale pink and purple lip products that look horrible on my skin tone. I think the worst issue is that I see other boxes that match my beauty profile better. Is this box just not made for women of color? is there another similar company someone can recommend that has better options?

RE: Are there any women of color that get usable items in there play box?

Same here. I posted a new comment before I saw your post, but I should have added my voice here. It really sucks! The first few boxes were great, but now I’m considering stopping. There’s another, major, non-Sephora box that sends products based on your profile.

AGREED!!! While I'm always looking forward to getting lip products, its annoying that I keep getting the same nude shade of lipstick that makes me look like i have chalk on my lips =(

I have the same issue with the lip products. I have commented several times that nude lipsticks are not generally flattering on darker skin tones (there are some who can pull it and more power to you!) I just feel like they don’t listen!

Ive gotten dry shampoo multi times and it irritates me. I just update my profile every now again (problem doesn’t help). But yes I get items I can use or don’t. I got box 160 and the only makeup product was the tarte blush which may work for my skin tone. But I can usually use something in the box.

Well then I hope yours doesn’t come broken! I wasn’t super excited about the blush because I already have it, but it’s such a nice color and the color payoff is bomb but mine along with so many others came completely shattered.

This is my first box, box 160. I can use everything but the tarte blush and the Briogeo volumizing shampoo. The shampoo sample is the only item I felt "Really? 😐" about. There's nothing really wrong about the blush, per se, but I don't want to use it. If I had a child I might let them use it if they wanted to play dress up.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing