Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Another Disappointing Box - September 2017

I got my September Box today. I wish I could return it and my August box. 

I got:
Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Amulet 

Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb

Algenist Power Recharging Night Pressed Serum

Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel

IGK Hot Girls Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour in Black

Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Amulet:
I already cashed in points for a deluxe sample IN AMULET within the past three months. How hard is it to get a programmer to make an algorithm to avoid double sampling THE SAME COLOR within a couple months? 
Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb:
Already got it. A couple of times...including in ANOTHER SEPHORA PLAY BOX. (October 2016). WTF?
Algenist Power Recharging Night Pressed Serum:
Great a gift for my mom.
Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel:
Already got it. A few times...at least this time it's the right color? I've had four of these. I've given away or thrown away four of these. Still never going to buy it. Stop wasting these gimme brow samples on me.
IGK Hot Girls Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner:
Love it. The only thing I liked and the smallest. One package (of shampoo or conditioner) doesn't cover the length of my hair. Wish this was a useable amount.
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour in Black:
Got it. More black eyeliner. I use liquid or gel. Anything else, especially pencil, smears on my half-asian eyes and leaves me looked beaten up. Another sample for a friend.

What was even the point of this box? I got half a shampoo and maybe a third of a condition out of it for $10. It's not the money, it's the point of the box. The point is to try new products. I'm not trying anything new. I dont want to buy the products sampled. I'm just disappointed.
I subscribe to: Allure Beauty Box, Birchbox, Ipsy, & Sephora Play!. Sephora Play! used to be my favorite box. But, as they've expanded the selections of proudcts provided; I've felt that the quality and usefullness of products sent to me has taken a significant downturn. I'm a Rouge shopper. It's pretty obvious that I will spend the money on products I try that I like. Get it together Sephora Play.

RE: Another Disappointing Box - September 2017

I got the exact same thing, I don’t know if everyone gets the same thing but I like that ipsy gives you items based on what you like and the brands you request.

I received a few different items than what you listed in my September box. This was my first box, hopping October’s is better if not I may cancel.

Anonymous Insider

Everyone gets the same items.

Re: RE: Another Disappointing Box - September 2017

@Anonymous

There are actually several variations in boxes each month. Some products may overlap, but there's not one universal box that everyone gets.

I got quite a few different items than both of these ladies. Weird!

Re: Another Disappointing Box - September 2017

Ugh so disappointed in September's box as well.  I got the same items as you.  I think the Sephora black eyeliner is what sent me over the edge.  Seriously, who needs another BLACK eyeliner?!?!  At least send another color of eyeliner to try.  Besides the shampoo/conditioner pack, the other samples have been available to try for many months.  I feel like they just threw in whatever has been laying around the warehouse and made a box.

PS...I thought August's box sucked as well.

Anonymous Insider

I posted a post very similar discussing my dissatisfaction and as I have been reading comments about others boxes, it seems that most of us received the same samples. I have my profile set up and have asked/complained before about duplicates, useless samples not pertaining to my profile and misleading representation of what customers should expect. I am on the verge of cancelling but each month I hope its better! LOL Its a horrible addiction. Dumb box. 

I've received Belif aqua bomb twice as well. This month I...

I've received Belif aqua bomb twice as well. This month I got a Laura Mercier lipstick in a color I'll never wear. To top it off, I got a DevaCurl deep conditioning sample when hello-i don't have curly hair. I subscribed to ipsy too. I like how they send fun stuff like brushes. When you described your box and read what other than get, I want those samples instead of what I normally get. I want to know how to get that stuff!

RE: I've received Belif aqua bomb twice as well. This month I...

I got the devacurk mask too and I don't have curly hair. I watched the Sephora YouTube video on this box and they said you don't have to have curly hair to use the product. I tried it the other day and it left my hair super shiny and soft. Don't think about the name of the brand and give it a shot. I might actually buy the full sized product when I run out of this tube.

I know the last few boxes have not been so good. I just signed up with ispy. I women at the cosmetic counter that it is more targeted to what you like. So I will give it a try. 

Anonymous Insider

I find that to be not so true about ipsy which is why I canceled my subscription a few months back. I was always receiving colors that didn't match my skin tone. I did resign up for it this month to give it another shot though because they have changed the color profile up to ask what colors you prefer now. 

Anonymous Insider

Which is your favorite box subscription?
Anonymous Insider

Got the same items in my box! Hate the pencil eyeliner, i live for liquid liners only. Tried belif aqua bomb before in another sample kit, dont really need algenist products targeted for older age groups, benefit gimme brow was the wrong shade for me, seems like ill only use the bumble&bumble shampoo sample and the amulet lipstick. 

If you want better products thats worth what you pay, try boxycharm 👌🏾👌🏾 Costs more but you get more. Last month i got a full size tarte rainforest of the sea palette and this month i got a full size MAC product in the box along with full size PUR eyeshadow palette and other stuffs, google em up 😉

Probably Allure. But that’s because they have the biggest products. The Luxury Play Boxes are the best. I would totally pay $20 a month for those.

i did pay the $20... and never again. the bag although a cute material was still the chaepest looking thing ive EVER seen. i did finally get a lipstick shade i can make work

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 38 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
testing