cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

AUGUST SNEAK PEEK!

AUG18_TEASER_COMMUNITY.jpg

Today’s lesson: it’s always smart to keep a few fundamental makeup, hair, and skincare products in your beauty bag—thankfully, your August box has you covered.

Now here’s a hint that you might want to jot down in your notebook…

Your August box will contain one of these essential products: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel; Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer; or NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.

Thanks but i wouldnt donate used samples to a womans shel...

Thanks but i wouldnt donate used samples to a womans shelter plus what would they do with a slightly used perfume sample.
Anonymous Insider

Re: AUGUST SNEAK PEEK!

One of the best boxes ever. I luv it when my Play! Box is makeup heavy! Brow gel, my fave lipstick color, and bronzer all in one box! Plus I received hair care samples instead of perfume. I know some people like perfumes but they make me cough.

I want to know who is actually able to wash and condition their hair with the shampoo and conditioner samples. I always just toss them because the sample size is a joke. 

Also, why would they send me volumizing spray, it’s literally the opposite of what I filled out in my profile. Play! being curated is laughable. 

RE: Re: AUGUST SNEAK PEEK!

Med length very thick hair. No problems with samples size. I use a clarifying shampoo first to wash build up of any products first. You don’t get full benefit of trying something new if you don’t shampoo the old out

Everyone else here must have super thin or fine hair...NO WAY those packs contain enough product to effectively clean and condition my somewhat fine, but extremely abundant, medium length hair. Back in the day when everyone still shampooed daily, you may have been able to make the poo pack stretch (but just barely), but now? Not even close! After going on 3 days with oils, heating and styling products, plus dry shampoo build up in even an average head of hair it's going to take at least 2 shampoos to get all that crap out, plus, did I mention I have a lot of hair? I can just imagine the struggle for those with extra thick and coarse hair who also have a massive mane...3 packs, please?

Anonymous Insider

I hear you. I don’t wash everyday either - it destroys my hair. But with some of the samples I can get a full use out of them but it’s fairly rare. But the ones that are totally stingy with their product & give you just a dime sized amount should just stop wasting everybody’s time. 

My daughter has VERY short hair but it’s incredibly thick & there is a TON of it & she can’t use the samples either. 

Anonymous Insider

If you want full size samples add fabfitfun to your list of beauty subscription boxes....its $200 for the year, you get a huge box every season of full size products....

I love Sephora's,Allure , IPSY and Birchbox monthly sample boxes for $10 a month then when its time for my fabfitfun box, I know exactly which products to add to my box each season. Sounds like this might be the best choice for you too.

I got 2 uses out of the shampoo and 1 out of the conditioner, but my hair is relatively short.

I got two uses out of the hair care samples from the August box. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I loved this play box. I've been wanting to try Ouai and it didn't disappoint. Also - definitely debating switching to hoola full time from my nars bronzer. It definitely is more pigmented and looks good with tanner skin. Another favorite was the brow gel. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel Flexible Medium-Hold Eyebrow Setter Clear @SephoraPLAY

Does it not matter that I put in my profile how much i do NOT want hair products? Also, the shampoo/conditioner samples that were in my box busted onto everything else. Bummed that this is the second box i've gotten and something has been leaking or broken when it arrived.

I agree with you! I wish they would quit sending me hair products 😡😡 I love my Ipsy box, they rarely send hair products.

August was my very first Play Box and was disappointed because I got not 1 but 2 samples of products I already own in full size that I bought from Sephora within the last year. A quick scan my Sephora profile and order history would have shown I've already have purchased the the Anatasia Brow Gel and Hula Bronzer. Does Sephora not check customers order history?

If this is the case I think I'm going cancel revert to buying samples I can select on eBay or waiting for BI rewards since my objective for Play was to sample new products. I saw an unboxing on YT of Ipsy & Play Box side by side and kinda wish I would've gone with ispy because as least they were new products and brands I wasn't familar with. 

Screenshot_20180820-234832.png

Seriously!!!! Why would Sephora or any other beauty box check a history do they don’t give samples of what you have?!! Beauty boxes only send about 30 products and in categories to fit, somewhat fit a profile. You take a chance with that and go on! For $10 a month, do you think they will look at a profile. Watch back videos of the descriptions of the products. You don’t get options
Anonymous Insider

I know some boxes can be frustrating however, for $10/mo. I don’t feel like Sephora should look through everyone’s Sephora profile to see what we’ve purchased. 

That would take SO MUCH man power & time with the number of subscriptions I’m sure they have. If they were to do that, I’m betting the cost of our boxes would go up quite a bit which may be fine for some of us but not everyone. 

Give it a chance - I think you’ll really like it. Of course there are going to be things you aren’t going to be thrilled with but there will be things you’re going to love too & those boxes make it worth it. I’m happy 98% of the time with what I get - if I already have something I use it for my makeup bag in my purse or give it to my daughter or niece. 😊

I wanted that rose clay mask and bronzer...

This was my first Sephora box and I have to say I don't love it, but I do like it. I wish that the box a little personable. There was a product in mine that I probably won't ever use just cause when it comes to make up I don't do mine. Unless I can figure out an alternative use for it. Besides that everything else in my box was amazing and I can't wait to use them!!

I do Ipsy as well, and I absolutely love it! You can review the products itself, as well as the brand, and they are really good about listening. They also will only send you stuff that you are interested in. So for example, if you don't want or like eye shadows than you can tell them not to send you any. I also like that not everyone's boxes are the same. I have a friend that does Ipsy as well and we will have 1 or 2 products that are similar but that is it. Everything else will be different, but that also depends on the little quiz that they have you take.

I love my Ipsy box much better! Play by Sephora reminds me of Birchbox which I cancelled a year ago.

RE: AUGUST SNEAK PEEK!

My box was such a disappointment. Seems like so many other people received such great items. Ugh.

UGH. IM SO BUMMED. What it said online that I’d get in my box vs. what I actually received are COMPLETELY different. I was super excited once I saw in my app/e-mail what I was going to receive and today what arrived is boring stuff I already have - HOW MANY HOOLA BRONZERS DOES A GIRL NEED?! I received: brow gel from ABH, lipstick (the only product that’s the same as below), yet another living proof hair product, that hoola bronzer I have multiples of... rose clay mask by origins (which I do love but I also own) and the bonus shampoo conditioner duo from Quai. Seriously Sephora this is just some BS. Here’s an image of what I was supposed to get (I was excited about all of this and now I’m just pissed and disappointed):

Once you click on that you need to actually sign in to see your personalized box, what you see in that picture is a generic box, not necessarily what you would receive.
1,287 Replies
testing