cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

1, 2, 3, say cheese! 

Your April box is all about the instant gratification that comes along with sharing beautiful photos, so the theme is Insta Beauty!

Ready for your spoiler? Your box will contain one of these two brand new, selfie-ready products:

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfector or Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultra-hd-perfector-P428675?keyword=Make%20Up%20For%20Ever%20Ultra%20...

https://www.sephora.com/product/hi-fi-shine-ultra-cushion-lip-gloss-P429052?skuId=2055549&keyword=Ur...

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

@TeaChick my IT powder wasn't destroyed until I opened it.  It's a very bad packaging design. There's no way to open, close, or use the powder without spilling it.

RE: Re: RE: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

Mine was too! It got everywhere i was so annoyed

Re: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

The MUF foundation sample I received is WAY TOO dark for me.  There is no way that color matches my profile.  I received shade 8, I need a 5 or 6. 

RE: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

My April box focused on skin !! Unfortunately, I dislike UV absorbers contained in Skin tint.....actually I also got other products containing them in previous box. Dear, Sephora play team, Please set up the question to select chemicals we want to avoid in self profiles!!

Re: RE: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

May I ask, how long have you been subscribed to Play boxes? I've had mine for about a year and I haven't received many samples that I care for. Your box though, I'd kill for! : )  I'm wondering if the trick to it is that the longer you stay with them, you'll end up getting the higher-end items. Thank you!!

RE: Re: RE: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

What was in your April box?

Yes! NO SILICONES!!!!

Wanted to chime in and say I LOVED my box this month! I had the box with the Fresh beauty lotus mask, Makeup Forever SPF foundation (haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a good color match!), UD lip gloss, etc. Every single one is a keeper, and I really enjoyed the perfume sample bonus I got! Lots of people are always using the group to rag about how they're cancelling their subscriptions blah blah blah so I just wanted to tell y'all how happy I am with this month's products! 🙂

RE: Re: APRIL SNEAK PEEK!

I totally agree! This months box is perfect for me, I am so excited to try the Fresh lotus mask, which just came out last month I think!

@AndyFA your Play! box sounds great. I would have been thrilled with it too. Unfortunately, there was a huge mixup this month. Some subscribers got both of the “Sneak Peak” items instead of one and other subscribers got neither. Instead, they got 2 bland Sephora brand items. There are people out there who will complain about anything but a few people do have a legitimate complaint this month. You are definitely right about one thing, instead of complaining in the group they should contact Sephora directly or cancel.
Anonymous Insider

@AndyFA  This was my first month and I was pretty happy with my box too.  I can't say I would still be happy if I received the same exact items month after month.  I do understand why some people are frustrated.  Getting something new to us, that we would likely use, is what we all hope to get from our subscribtion.

agree, getting mini red lipsticks every month gets annoyi...

agree, getting mini red lipsticks every month gets annoying. i have cancelled before and may cancel again. i resubscribed because i was seeing some great boxes on some accounts i follow. i have gotten a couple of interesting items since resubscribing but also many products i won't/can't use. if May's box isn't really good and not repetitive i will probably cancel again. no big deal to me. i do hope that sephora monitors these forums so that they can continue to improve boxes or at least make more options for personalization...

I donate my unused samples to a local women's shelter who uses them to make birthday goodie bags for their clients.  I feel good that ladies who rarely get any luxuries will enjoy them.  I'd encourage all subscribers to reach out to their local shelters and donate what they won't use.  Help someone feel beautiful! 

So nice of you to do that! We need more humans like you, I hope you have many happy days!! xo

This will be my first box and I kept thinking that I won’t have anyone to give the extras to, since none of my friends seem into skincare/make up. This is a great idea that I will definitely look into 🙂 thanks for sharing, you are awesome!
Anonymous Insider

I do stuff like this around the holidays at our church.  Everyone donates for the kids but the moms and dads appreciate a little treat too (especially since they don't expect one).

@Pupluvr This is what I've been doing for months with my unused samples, along with bringing their other necessities. Not all shelters will accept samples/makeup products though(there are 2 in my town and only 1 accepts the sample stuff & needs. The other I take just needs to due to that). The ladies do enjoy them all so much. You're right, everyone deserves to feel beautiful.  💗

Anonymous Insider

I am surprisingly disappointed with the Sephora Play! boxes. I thought with the difference in quality from IPSY and it’s drugstore+department store items I would love PLAY more, but not so much. I have gotten 4... I am also getting IPSY and BIRCHBOX. I wanted to find out what I like and keep two boxes. Sephora always sends the SMALLEST samples ever. Ever. And the wrong colors- I received at least two red lip products when I only like nudes and light pinks and I also received a product this month that is completely too dark for my fair skin, it’s a waste of money and product. And it seems there is lack of mixing it up. I get like two Eye products then two lip products then like three face products. Not my favorite. I cancelled my subscription and will continue to get IPSY and BIRCHBOX.

I always get awful nudes or the ugly light pink, grey, li...

I always get awful nudes or the ugly light pink, grey, light mauve color and I only wear reds and berries...lol I'd be thrilled for red lips.

Excited to try this month’s box.. a little hesitant on the lip gloss though. We’ll see how it goes!

@michelles03 I’m getting the same box and can’t wait! Thanks for sharing the pic. Super excited to see they sent 2 of the Dennis Gross treatments, I was only expecting one. And I agree that lip gloss does look intense, hopefully it’s sheer! -Michele
3 Replies
testing