cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

witch hazel

hello,

i started using the salicylic toner, i wanted to know, can i use witch hazel after i shave instead of aftershave ?. also, i use the niacidamine and zinc serum in the morning and at night the salicylic acid 2% then with my moisturizer mix in l absorbic acid, is that combination of things OK?

thanks,

Re: witch hazel

@kidha It really depends on your skin. A lot of people find witch hazel to be pretty drying. That's one of the reasons I avoid it personally. 

How long have you been using your current routine? Generally speaking, ascorbic acid is best when used in the morning since it's an antioxidant and boosts sunscreen protection. And since both that and salicylic acid are actives, using both in one routine could lead to irritation. 

so should i use the salicylic acid at night with sunscreen/mosturizer and l absoric acid in the morning with sunscreen/ mosturizer ?

thanks,

Well, you wouldn't need the sunscreen at night. But yes, I'd consider moving the vitamin C to the morning. @kidha 

my moisturizer has sunscreen in it.

@kidha Then I'd suggest getting a regular moisturizer that you can use at night, one not containing sunscreen. Wearing sunscreen at night could clog your pores. 

which one do you recommend for oily skin

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing