Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

want to try a new matte foundation - what are your favorites? :)

I'm currently using Tarte Amazonian clay foundation, but the texture of my skin shows through and it gets really greasy during the day even with like 3 powder touch ups during the day lol. It is also kind of cakey. I have sensitive red skin with the center of my face oily. I use fit me powder and was using Smashbox primer but hated it so I also would like to get a better powder (I heard loose powder is better) and primer that doesn't clog my pores... Also do you guys like nars soft matte concealer for blemishes, carving out brows, and undereye circles? LOL this is a lot sorry 😜

Re: want to try a new matte foundation - what are your favorites? :)

I use the Too Faced Peaches and cream foundation and i have oily skin. Works great for me and smells good.

RE: want to try a new matte foundation - what are your favorites? :)

You should try the Estée Lauder double wear foundation. It stays matte all day. My go to primer is hourglass mineral veil primer. The NARS matte concealer is what I use and it doesn’t settle and covers.

Re: RE: want to try a new matte foundation - what are your favorites? :)

I second Estee Lauder Double Wear!

I have the matte and poreless. It gets super oily! It also oxidizes. 

I'm still on the such for a foundation or routine that doesn't tune me into a grease ball.

Hi Jeskayjam!

I have tried a lot of different matte foundations and I always go back to Maybelline FitMe Matte and Poreless! I have combination skin with an oily T-Zone and have found a lot of success pairing this foundation with the Too Faced Hangover RX Primer along with setting my T-Zone using the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. If you want a foundation that is a little more heavy duty, I have also found that the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation has worked for my oily skin. Just beware that it is very heavy! I only use it for special occasions really.

If I need a touch-up, I’ll usually remove the oil from my face first using any oil removing sheet or, if I don’t have one of those, a tissue. Then I’ll use the Maybelline FitMe Powder!

As for concealer, I stick to drugstore brands and am currently using Maybelline Face Studio Master Conceal and loving it!!

Hope this helps! Looking forward to reading other responses!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing