cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

products and routine

i have very oily skin with large pores, i love a full coverage foundation but everything I try separates. what products (primer, foundation, powder, setring spray) do you all love? what steps do you go through to keep away the shine?

Re: products and routine

I agree with trying to control your oily skin through skin care as much as possible. Def make sure you are exfoliating and using a light moisturizer (like belif aquabomb or Drunk Elephant protini). I have had great luck with the Becca matte and poreless primer, only use it on your t-zone though because it can make contour and blush very hard to blend. You may also want to try MAC studio fix oil control foundation, this is the best oil control foundation I have tried personally. You may want to add a mask into your weekly routine as well to really deep clean your pores and remove excess oil. Also make sure you are not using too many mattifying products or your skin may end up producing more oil. Add things in slowly and one at a time.

Re: products and routine

I use skincare to cut back on the oil as much as possible. Lots of hydrating layers and regular exfoliation have really helped my skin a lot. 

As far as makeup goes, my favorite primer is Becca's Backlight because it's not drying and helps my makeup last all day. Most often for foundation with good coverage, I end up reaching for L'Oreal's Infallible Pro-Matte and then setting with whatever setting powder I'm using at the time. Right now that's a Lorac powder to help take away any residual shine. I always like Bare Minerals Mineral Veil for this too. As far as setting sprays, I don't use them every day, but more for really long days when I might not be able to touch up. And for those, I really like Urban Decay's All-Nighter. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing