Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

oily skin routine

what is the best products to use for a daily routine??? I've recently been using murad I'm less oily than what I was but still oily

Re: oily skin routine

@dmf2777 Some things that really helped me get control of my oily/dehydrated skin involved incorporating Korean beauty skincare steps and products. I'm a big believer in the double cleanse- using an oil-based cleanser to take off sunscreen and makeup and following that with a gentle non-foaming cleanser to wash the skin. For this, I love Shiseido's Perfect Oil and then for the second cleanse either Philosophy Purity or First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser. 

Then adding several light, hydrating layers of toners, essences, serums, and masks to help with hydration. For this, I love Goodal's Waterest Lasting Water Oil and Erborian's Ginseng Milk as serums to layer before moisturizer. Also, a moisturizing oil added to your cream moisturizer might be a good idea. My favorite is Fresh's Seaberry. 

Also consistent exfoliation. I love Sunday Riley's Good Genes, but sometimes my skin reacts better to a little physical exfoliation, like a light scrub. Products that contain salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and snail mucin have all been really beneficial for my acne issues. Clay-based masks are great for oil issues as well. I love Caudalie's Instant Detox and Pixi's Glow Mud Mask. 

Ending my routine with a good moisturizer (and sunscreen in the mornings) helps to keep my skin hydrated, meaning less oil production. My favorite moisturizers are CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion (in the a.m.), Belif Aqua (and Moisturizing in the winter) Bomb (in the p.m.), and Caudalie's Vinosource Sorbet Cream (also p.m.). Building that type of routine has really had a major impact on the quality of my skin over the last several years. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing