Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

oily nose HELP

The only part of my face that is oily is my nose. I have a solid skin care routine but my makeup is still sliding off my nose. I don't think it's my makeup more than I need a good primer. I have tried not putting on primer on my nose but maybe I need to give it a go again. I'm looking for primer suggestions or even tips or tricks!

Re: oily nose HELP

@jls438

The best, hands down primer I have found til this day is Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g.. It is amazing on my very oily skin and doesn’t make my foundation on my nose (or anywhere) crack, fade or shine. It does have a high price tag but it is 100% worth it in my opinion because of how amazing it works! If you haven’t already tried it out, I highly recommend you do!

@jls438 I have a very oily t zone and use a primer for it.  I played with the Becca Evermatte and hated it because it made my foundation crack.  After trying a few, I found the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to be the best.  The price hurts, but trust me, it's worth it.  This is the only thing that kept me matte and my makeup in place.  There's a mini size which is $19, so maybe try that.

https://www.sephora.com/product/veil-mineral-primer-P210575?skuId=1319193

I also have combo skin that’s dry everywhere except my nose, where it’s oily. I second @GG84's recommendation of using a mattifying primer only where you’re oily. Use a different primer everywhere else. Even though I rarely wear skin tint (and even more rarely a full coverage foundation), I often wear primer and powder on my nose on hot days. 

I’m still trying to find the right primer for my oil slick. LANCôME - Blur & Go Stick is convenient for on-the-go touchups and doesn’t leave a white caste on my nose. It holds my skin tint in place for 4-5 hours. NARS Pore & Shine Control primer does a decent job. A friend gave me Philosophy The Present primer but I haven’t tried it yet. I’m told that primer needs a good 3 minutes after application to set, before you put anything on it—and then foundation will stick like glue. I’m also told it’s hard to blend products over that primer, so it sounds like a good candidate for spot priming on oily areas like noses. 

You’ll probably also need an oil-absorbing setting powder on your nose. Lancôme Long Time No Shine Loose Setting Powder Translucent is really nice, but you’ll need to reapply it midday. Beauty Bakerie Flour also works on my nose. 

Since you’ve got a good skincare routine, I’m sure you already know to stay hydrated and keep your face—especially where you’re driest, but also your oily nose—moisturized, otherwise your nose will kick oil production into overdrive to compensate. 

@jls438 I've heard good things about BECCA - Becca Primer Collection; the matte finish one. I picked up a travel size a while back, but haven't gotten around to trying it.

@jls438

If its just your nose that you're having this issue with, you may just have to put a mattifying primer on to your nose. If you apply a mattifying primer to your whole face, it could dry your face out. tarte Poreless Mattifying Primer

You could also try using blotting sheets SHISEIDO - Oil Control Blotting Paper

When you notice your nose getting oily.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing