Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

need primer, moisturizer, and facial cleanser for oily skin

I have acne scars. the more makeup I put the more oily I get. I want to find a primer that works for oily skin and a moisturizer. and a facial cleanser that removes makeup and everything.

RE: need primer, moisturizer, and facial cleanser for oily skin

Smashbox Photo Finish primer topped with LA Pro Girl face powder- AMAZING COMBO

Re: need primer, moisturizer, and facial cleanser for oily skin

Hi @KXJ21,

I love the OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL and the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL are great for oily skin. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Re: need primer, moisturizer, and facial cleanser for oily skin

Do you have a current routine or any current products, @KXJ21?

For cleansing, I'd recommend trying double cleansing to remove all your makeup and keep your skin fresh and clean. I prefer starting with Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil w/ Grape Seed Oil 6 oz/ 180 mLbut CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mLis another good choice. Then I'd recommend following that with a gentle cleanser like PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanseror First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL.  

Gel moisturizers usually work well for oily skin. My favorites are CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion (for a.m. use) and for nighttime, CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet,OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer,and BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb(or the moisturizing version if you are dehydrated. 

For primers, you may want to check out Smashbox and Becca as they both have a lot of great options. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing