Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

kate somerville sunscreen serum

Any oily girls like me have experience with this sunscreen?  I need a non-comedogenic high SPF sunscreen that won't clog my already-overactive pores.  I was looking at this or Sheshido's products.  I've tried Boscia and it broke me out.  I would like something that goes on smoothly under makeup.  Thanks! 

Re: kate somerville sunscreen serum

I'm trying Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face for a couple of weeks now. It dries matte and it works fine under makeup - no white cast. My skin is also oily and acne-prone this sunscreen haven't broke me out. 

I have very oily, acne prone skin and the Kate Somerville...

I have very oily, acne prone skin and the Kate Somerville SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen is amazing! It's probably the best sunscreen I have ever used. It sinks in easily, doesn't ever pill up under my makeup, leaves no white-ness and no stickiness. I am going to try the tinted next because I have tried Perricone No Foundation Foundation which is basically a tinted sunscreen and it leaves my skin very very sticky. I have tried Shisheido products the 55+ Sunscreen and I did like it, but I did not like that it was heavily scented. I'm trying to stay away from products that have a ton of fragrance. Also the Shisheido is very thick and definitely leaves a white cast to the face.

I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts and I use the K...

I have combo/oily skin prone to breakouts and I use the KS SPF 55 tinted one and its really great for me. It gives me a light wash of color and its not greasy or oily for me and hasnt made me breakout either. Its really lightwieght too. Although I also use KS moisturizers too so that may be the reason that I dont feel so greasy like the other reviewer.

I have extremely oily skin and I use Peter Thomas Roth Oi...

I have extremely oily skin and I use Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 which works immediately to block out UVA, UVB and infrared rays to help prevent sunburn, skin damage, freckling and discoloration.  The matte powder absorbs oil, helping to reduce shine and prevent future breakouts and it leaves a nice matte finish over your foundation.  I use it as the last step of my makeup application.  I apply my primer, moisturizer, foundation, setting powder, blush and then apply the PTR Sunscreen Powder over my entire face.  It's handy, too, because it comes with a self-contained brush so you can even carry it with you for touchups throughout the day if you start to get shiny.  You can read more about it at: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P235909&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3728

I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

I have oily skin and the Kate Somerville sunscreen serum...

I have oily skin and the Kate Somerville sunscreen serum did not break me out, however, I felt that it left my skin feeling greasier than some of the dry touch sunscreens. I like LaRoche-Posay Anthelios 60 ultra light liquid sunscreen as it dries to a nice non-greasy feel and gives great SPF 60 protection.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors