Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

foundation for oily and acne prone skin

Hello! So I am 15 and am struggling with extremely oily skin as well as constant breakouts. I want a foundation which will look and feel natural, but offer enough coverage and oil control since it is difficult to touch up during the school day. I am currently using Clinque acne solutions but don't like it becuase halfway through the day, it gets oily and begins to slide off my face. Please help with any suggestions!

Re: foundation for oily and acne prone skin

What have any of you thought about laura mercier foundations, bobbi brown, tarte amizonian clay, or any of the makeup forever foundations? What were the best/ which worked or didnt work for you. Which are best for oily acne prone skin?

Re: foundation for oily and acne prone skin

I am super pale to the point that most brands don't make foundation light enough for me, but I also have oily skin.  So while others have suggested things like Tarte (which I love as a brand), their lightest foundation is still WAY too dark for me.

That said, I have found a few gems!  Hourglass Immaculate foundation is pretty much unbeatable for oily skin.  It's expensive, but worth it.  Two other brands I've tried with success in both the color matching and oil control areas are MUFE Mat Velvet+ and, if you can find it in stock, Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation.  I set whatever I use with Tarte's Smooth Operator loose powder.

I also use Sephora's Anti-Shine Foundation Primer on my oily areas, and it helps a lot.

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors