Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Oily Skin
|

dry under eye

okay so I have very oily skin/ t- zone but my under-eye is very dry, any product suggestions tips would be helpful๐Ÿ˜˜

Re: dry under eye

@Queeny86  Hereโ€™s what I do for my very dry undereyes: 

1. Use a hydrating toner or serum on the undereyes. Since I have mostly-dry combo skin, I apply such products to my whole face. My daily AM and PM hydrating toner is e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence. Each morning, after that toner, I apply Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL everywhere on my face (including my undereyes) except my brow bones and eyelids. You donโ€™t have to use a vitamin C serum, of course, but I recommend putting some type of hydrating/moisturizing toner and/or serum under your eyes, day and night. 

2. Tap a little water under the eyes immediately before applying moisturizer. You donโ€™t have to make that skin soaking wet; just make it damp. This gives your moisturizer some hydration to seal in. 

3. โ€œOver-moisturizeโ€ your undereyes: apply layers of moisturizer. Apply one layer of moisturizer, let it soak in for a few minutes, then apply a second layer. If your skinโ€™s still dry, apply a 3rd layer. During frigid winter weather, I sometimes need 4 or 5 layers under my eyes. My first moisturizer layer is usually a facial oilโ€”most often Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. Sometimes that oilโ€™s also my second layer. If not, my second layer is my full face moisturizer: Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m.... Additional layers are either the YTTP moisturizer or facial oil. It depends on how dry my undereyes are that day. You can do this with any products you want. ๐Ÿ™‚ Those are just the products that work best for my skin. 

@Queeny86 SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask I usually apply a generous layer under my eyes every night.  Feels amazing and keeps my skin hydrated 

Hi @Queeny86  

I use KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL on top of my eye serum everyday. It helps keep that delicate thin area nice and moisturized. 

@Queeny86  I really like KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado itโ€™s so moisturizing. It works well when I have super dry skin. Iโ€™ve also been using Tatcha The Serum Stick: Treatment & Touch Up Balm 0.28 oz/ 8g on all my dry patches and under my eyes and itโ€™s sooo good. I love it. And you can use it any where on your face. 

@Queeny86 @Im using up a bunch of different products right now, but I always go back to the Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm 0.13 oz/ 3.8 g, itโ€™s an eye and lip balm and does a great job for extra dry under eyes!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing