cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

cleanser for oily skin

does anyone know a really good cleanser for oily skin? i’ve used cetaphil, neutrogena hydro boost, purity & the soy face cleanser by fresh.

RE: cleanser for oily skin

What has really worked for me is the Normaderm line by Vichy! The cleanser, toner and moisturizers have salicylic acid and it’s good for sucking up the oils and also to minimize enlarged pores!

Re: cleanser for oily skin

@Anonymous,

I recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Cleanser Gel that works well for oily skin. I use this myself and I noticed that my face feels less clogged and more balanced.

https://www.sephora.com/product/irish-moor-mud-purifying-cleanser-gel-P404323?skuId=1775360&icid2=products%20grid:p404323

❤️ Melissa

The First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser is another great one to try. But can I ask, what the problem is with the ones you listed? Are they breaking you out or giving you a negative reaction? 

Anonymous Insider

@qusporkwrote:

The First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser is another great one to try. But can I ask, what the problem is with the ones you listed? Are they breaking you out or giving you a negative reaction? 

Thank you! But to answer your question, most of them just made me even more oily so i stopped using them, but the soy facial cleanser by fresh broke my face out & made it very red. The neutogena made me break out also but the other ones just made me even more oily so that’s why i stopped using them.

Ok, I wanted to see if you were having negative reactions to all of them because you might need something more specifically for sensitive skin if that were the case. Glad to hear they didn't all break you out, @Anonymous!

As far as controlling oil, though, no cleanser is really going help with that on it's own.  You'll probably want a dedicated routine to help keep the oil in check. For me, I've found that adding light hydrating layers of toners and serums, along with consistent exfoliation has helped control my oil. 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

@qusporkwrote:

Ok, I wanted to see if you were having negative reactions to all of them because you might need something more specifically for sensitive skin if that were the case. Glad to hear they didn't all break you out, @Anonymous!

As far as controlling oil, though, no cleanser is really going help with that on it's own.  You'll probably want a dedicated routine to help keep the oil in check. For me, I've found that adding light hydrating layers of toners and serums, along with consistent exfoliation has helped control my oil. 🙂 

I started using serums and toners a few months ago but my skin is still really oily and I don’t know what to do. 

What's your current routine, @Anonymous? Dealing with oily skin is the worst, especially this time of year! 

Anonymous Insider

@qusporkwrote:

What's your current routine, @Anonymous? Dealing with oily skin is the worst, especially this time of year! 

@qusporkwrote:

I use the cetaphil daily facial cleanser to cleanse my face, for toner I use the L’Oreal hydrafresh toner, then for moisturizer I use the cetaphil daily facial moisturizer & I exfoliate twice a week with the st. ives apricot scrub. I was using a serum but I ran out and I haven’t gotten a chance to get another one so I haven’t been using one lately. Yes, oily skin is the worst!

I would probably drop the St. Ives scrub as it's known for causing micro-tears in the skin and opt for some for a chemical exfoliator or a gentler scrub or even clarisonic if you want to stick with physical exfoliation. I'd also maybe add in a clay mask twice a week to help with the oil. A light hydrating serum might help too! 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing